110 replies to this topic

#101 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

They were surprisingly crowded, though emotionally the crowd was pretty lifeless early on I'd say this college night proved to be a pretty good success considering 14,000 is about 1,500-2,500 more than you'd normally expect for a Panthers weekday game.

Was I hearing Ole chants from one of the College Night areas during the third period? I couldn't be sure, but it made me smile, thinking people might be singing Ole after all...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#102 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

Just finished watching the game. Good win for the Devils! I would say great but that second period wasn't even near "good". The Elias and Martin goals were absolutely sick, the Gionta goal was great also! I'm pumped for tomorrow night!

Oh, and I don't think many of my predictions came true :( LOL

1dun.jpg

#103 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

Just finished watching the game. Good win for the Devils! I would say great but that second period wasn't even near "good". The Elias and Martin goals were absolutely sick, the Gionta goal was great also! I'm pumped for tomorrow night!

Oh, and I don't think many of my predictions came true :( LOL

They were some pretty damn nice looking goals. LETS GO DEVILS!!

#104 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

Clemmensen still scares the sh!t out of me, but the team has really adapted to him. The one surprise with Clemmensen is how willing and how strong he is playing the puck. He has a definate advantage over Weekes in that department.

They look like they've changed the way they play defensively, they're actively breaking up shots and are more aggressive defensively, where they kinda had "standarounditis" with Marty, I guess since Marty doesn't want shots blocked and they assume he's going to stop shots.
It's not a certainty Clemmensen will. Their effort after the PPG was scored was awesome, they choked the game out and kept the puck away from Clemmensen and Clemmensen kept the puck away himself by playing it.

If they adapt to him better than they adapt to Weekes, he might get the job even though he's not the better goalie.

#105 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:18 AM

Those were some pretty goals last night.

My personal favourite was Martins, great goal.

Patty continuing his streak, long may that continue :dance:

Frolik scores his first goal in the NHL against the Devils joining a long list of players to do so, it seems like every week some rookie scores his first NHL goal against the Devils.

Lets hope they get it done again tonight against the Islanders.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#106 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:50 AM

Holy cow @ that second period. Zubrus/Elias/Gionta works well when Gio plays well. When Rolston comes back I think they should leave Zubrus and play Rolston at wing.

#107 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:04 AM

Holy cow @ that second period. Zubrus/Elias/Gionta works well when Gio plays well. When Rolston comes back I think they should leave Zubrus and play Rolston at wing.

Screw that: why fix something not broken. Keep these guys intact.

Its amazing what a difference a healthy Martin makes for this team
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#108 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

I don't even think he's that healthy, Martin at 75% is still a huge help.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#109 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:48 AM

Screw that: why fix something not broken. Keep these guys intact.

I agree on both counts, we could try Rolston on the 3rd with Madden and Pando, or move Langenbrunner to the third and play Rolston wing with Parise and Zajac which i think would be an awsome line.

I still think Martin is one of the most underated players i the NHL, his stats never really tell you how good this guy actually is.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#110 welcometotherock

welcometotherock

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:51 AM

Great win for the Devils, Clemmer played solid, and the offense was able to finish well. That second period was a scary one if your a Devils fan, but we got through it.

In the 8 games Ive gone to at the rock so far, Elias has 5 goals and 4 assists :boogie:

#111 Ivan

Ivan

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

Clemmer had a good game, but his fundamentals such as movement and positioning are still not sound. If he didnt get lucky or if the panthers didnt suck so much the outcome would be quite different

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users