34 replies to this topic

#21 Snookie = 9

Snookie = 9

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

TMAC is back baby! Wilson Chandler is a joke, he needs to move on before I make him move on.
Me: How many beers you think you can drink and still be productive in a NHL game?
Dean McAmmond:
Hahaha... not too many.

#22 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hate the TMAC trade, if only because it means that there is only one means of measuring success in next year's NYK terms, and that is LeBron + 1 playing in a Knick uni. Anything less is probably tantamount to fail and will bury the Knicks through 2012. The first round picks they gave up (assuming protection doesn't kick in) are really what they needed to compete, that and shedding all the garbage Isiah contracts.

But at this point, who knows who will come to the Knicks? Big City Market is a huge attraction, but then again winning is too.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#23 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

THE TIME HAS ARRIVED!!! :cheers:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

THE TIME HAS ARRIVED!!! :cheers:

So mi$ter $mall market in the NHL and NFL is now wanting the Knicks to go out and break the bank to steal a free agent and cripple the entire Cleveland franchise??? Hypocrite much ??? :P

I hope to the Sport Gods that LeBron STAYS in Cleveland :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

So mi$ter $mall market in the NHL and NFL is now wanting the Knicks to go out and break the bank to steal a free agent and cripple the entire Cleveland franchise??? Hypocrite much ??? :P

I hope to the Sport Gods that LeBron STAYS in Cleveland :P

Steal? it is his decision!

How am I a hypocrite? I am just being a fan. Sure part of me feels for the Cleveland fan, but like with Buffalo, Ive accepted for what my teams are: Teams that play in a market as desirable as Billings Montana.

Edited by LOTCB, 14 May 2010 - 11:05 AM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#26 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

47 days until the REAL Knicks season begins. :)

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#27 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

47 days until the REAL Knicks season begins. :)

I have another fear with the Knicks.
Let's say Lebron goes to Chicago or stays in Cleveland and Wade stays in Miami, and Bosh then goes to Miami, which IMO are very realistic possibilities
I hope the Knicks can show restraint because in 2011 Melo and Chris Paul will be available.

I hope they don't overspend on a Boozer and Joe Johnson.

Edited by LOTCB, 14 May 2010 - 12:36 PM.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

The greedy side of me is hoping that D-Wade re-sings and recruits for Lebron to go to Miami. Damn, that would be a fun show ot have in my back yard.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#29 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have another fear with the Knicks.
Let's say Lebron goes to Chicago or stays in Cleveland and Wade stays in Miami, and Bosh then goes to Miami, which IMO are very realistic possibilities
I hope the Knicks can show restraint because in 2011 Melo and Chris Paul will be available.

I hope they don't overspend on a Boozer and Joe Johnson.

+100

Joe Johnson's is like the new Crawford.

And I like Lee for the same price or less than we'd pay Boozer.

If we get stuck like that, I tend to hope that we can use this offseason to get a good supporting cast for Melo/Paul if they decide to jump ship and Lebron/Wade/Bosh/etal don't come to NYC.

But I think Wade is done with the Heat. If he stays there, it's for his family and nothing else. He will never win a title in Miami with the pieces surrounding him right now. I don't even think Bosh would put that team over the top.

#30 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

haha I didnt see a NBA thread but this made me laugh

http://moms.gather.c...659174697244816

Rumor is that Cleveland's implosion was because Lebron found out Delonte West is banging his mom :giggle:

#31 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Carmelo Anthony is now a New York Knick...not how I envisioned it, but sometimes bold moves are needed for other moves to happen.

Will this work? Time will tell...

Did they give up too much? Time will tell...

Will the Knicks win a title in the next 3-4 years? Time will tell..

The New York Knicks are relevant again. That much I do know!

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#32 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

Not a big basketball fan, but this is essentially the Knicks equivalent to the Devs landing Kovy. A top 5 or so player in the game....except the Devils got their man for way less...
I didn't think the Knicks would ship all of those players for Melo, but looks like they want the title ASAP! Should be interesting

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#33 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

Such a big "meh" to this trade. I feel like trading Gallinari was an absolutely HORRIBLE decision. The Knicks gave up 4 of their starting 5 for 2 starters and a bunch of role players. I honestly doubt this trade puts the Knicks over the top and get them the title because they just gave up one starter too much, especially when one of those starters was Gallo, who was only 22 and improving by leaps and bounds all the time.

oKCiNj.jpg

#34 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

I'm not a Knicks fan, so I can't help but LOL at this.

http://www.nypost.co...OXC5y8e0f7193SM
http://www.sbnation....o-anthony-trade

Apparently Isiah Thomas is on his way back to the Knicks GM spot.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#35 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Such a big "meh" to this trade. I feel like trading Gallinari was an absolutely HORRIBLE decision. The Knicks gave up 4 of their starting 5 for 2 starters and a bunch of role players. I honestly doubt this trade puts the Knicks over the top and get them the title because they just gave up one starter too much, especially when one of those starters was Gallo, who was only 22 and improving by leaps and bounds all the time.

I don't have a problem with it from a talent perspective. Melo or no Melo, the Knicks weren't winning a championship this year. So Chandler is irrelevant. Felron is a nice player but for his role Billups is a capable replacement. Gallinari has developed well but you have to give up something of real value. Mogzov may turn into something but he is still the definition of a project. Also, it is tough to say Mogzov is a starter.

I don't like it from the money angle. If the NBA gets a more restrictive salary cap you are committing a lot to two guys and without the draft picks to bring in cheaper talent it is hard to fill in.

The Knicks did not have great options, they could have let it play out and tried to sign Melo in the off season or saved the cap space until 2012. Neither gives a guarantee of anything. They took the guarantee of something and after what seems like decades, the Knicks are relevant and that has real value.

The CBA is a real unknown and hangs over all of this.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users