25 replies to this topic

#1 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:52 PM

Good hockey game. 2-1, both teams playing well. Philly certainly wants this win badly and are playing that way.
NJ Devils are the CHAMPIONS & Nets Be Proud..Thanks to both NJ Teams for 2002/2003

"Bring Them On" sure George, your arrogant "my way or the highway" policies and remarks pissed the Iragi off more... 32 unnecessary US military deaths so far since G. W.'s remarks and dozens are wounded. It continues daily. Thanks Goerge. There are now 10-25 attacks against US soldiers daily.

Smart mouth, arrogant Bush, his kids are safe.

The BUCK never stops at BUSH if it's bad, he finds someone to take the blame for him, ie: Tenet's mea cupa.

Impeach G. W., the Iraq war was built on his lies...... lies........lies.

Do Not Re-Elect a Son of a Bush. Impeach him instead.

#2 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 07:34 PM

3-2 Toronto Alex Mogliny score #5 in 3 games with just the slightest space at top of net. What a sniper he is. Philly can't get out of their own way, they can't believe that they have lost a 2 goal advantage so far in this game.
NJ Devils are the CHAMPIONS & Nets Be Proud..Thanks to both NJ Teams for 2002/2003

"Bring Them On" sure George, your arrogant "my way or the highway" policies and remarks pissed the Iragi off more... 32 unnecessary US military deaths so far since G. W.'s remarks and dozens are wounded. It continues daily. Thanks Goerge. There are now 10-25 attacks against US soldiers daily.

The BUCK never stops at BUSH if it's bad, he finds someone to take the blame for him, ie: Tenet's mea cupa.

#3 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 07:35 PM

Yikes, no wonder they call him Chokemanek! I am not watching but it was 2-1 when I checked in, that's a major flub.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#4 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 07:37 PM

Figures Mogilny now has as many goals in two and a half playoff games as he did in either whole PLAYOFFS with the Devs :puke:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#5 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:06 PM

Philly ties 3-3.

#6 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:12 PM

Did you see that stat they just threw up there? Mogilny has 22 playoff goals since 2000. Third in the league?? :blink:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#7 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:19 PM

Yeah awesome. He has 5 in this series, that's 23%.

He's a very good player. One of the best snipers in the league. Did you see the space he found to put the puck into the net. Upper right hand corner maybe 2 or 3 inch opening, WOW.

#8 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:35 PM

The series is tie 1-1, game 3 at end of regulation time 3-3, outstanding 3rd period. It's OT Time. Playoff hockey at it's best like Friday night's Devils game.

#9 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:37 PM

Go Leafs (tonight)! 7 game series!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:44 PM

hopefully Almo will get the winner, but it's usually the Tom Fitzgeralds and Chris Theriens of the world who get OT winners.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:22 PM

Just as I expected, a lot of cheap shots by both teams when the refs aren't looking. I'm glad Tor vs. Philly play each other in the first round. They are two of the best teams in the east, one will be eliminated the other worn out.
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

#12 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:24 PM

First OT was as physical as the first period. Still 3-3 end of first OT.

I can't beleive that the refs aren't calling penalties in the OT. So many were so obvious. Nolan was high sticked to the Nose went down and no call. The league has to call all periods and OT the same in order to have discipline and to retain respect for NHL hockey. I think it stinks that the rules change in the 3rd period and OT, totally unfair.

#13 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:31 PM

Hopefully the Flyers and Leafs continue to beat each other senseless. I want 8 OTs every game. By the time they're done with each other, The River Rats could probably take a 7 game series from either team. :D

#14 devildoggie

devildoggie

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:33 PM

First OT was as physical as the first period. Still 3-3 end of first OT.

I can't beleive that the refs aren't calling penalties in the OT. So many were so obvious. Nolan was high sticked to the Nose went down and no call. The league has to call all periods and OT the same in order to have discipline and to retain respect for NHL hockey. I think it stinks that the rules change in the 3rd period and OT, totally unfair.

I have to agree. Roenick was absolutely CREAMED On the Roberts hit and the refs just looked the other way. and Nolan clearly embellished the stick to the face to. Watch the replay and you'll see what I mean. Yeah, it was a clear penalty but his head snapped back like he was shot between the eyes! :rolleyes: I hate it when the rules are open to interpretation. An illegal hit is an illegal hit....period.

helluva an exciting hockey game though.

#15 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:39 PM

I agree that Nolan help the penalty out but it still should have been called he got the stick to the nose. As you say the rules are the rules.

It's infair to the teams and the fans. The NHL has allowed this to happen every year, it's wrong.

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:44 PM

Mogilny just got screwed up by a stick. Looks like it hit him so hard it knocked him out while cutting him severly.

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:46 PM

He tripped Rat Roenick. Inadvertent
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#18 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:47 PM

It did, I think it knocked him out for a few seconds. He was cut and taken off the ice to the lockerroom. NO CALL.

Toronto wins 4-3

Tough loss for the Flyers.

#19 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:47 PM

Leafs win on a nice effort from Sundin. It doesn't matter if Roenick was tripped, you must control your stick at all times and except in a case of a follow through on a shot or pass you are always liable for the damage your stick does.

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#20 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 09:53 PM

That was no accident, he clearly threw his stick up as he went by Mogilny. I felt bad for Mogilny, getting your mouth cut up is extremely painful.
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users