12 replies to this topic

#1 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:15 PM

Well, figuring that the Devils will just pull this one out. Let's see who they will play. They could face, Tampa, Philly, Toronto, or the Islanders. I'd prefer not to see the Isles. They are tough, can bang with the Devils, and play well against them, besides the 6-0 beating. The Colosium is tough to play at as well.
Looking at Tampa. They've struggled against NJ all year. Besides Khababulin, they don't concern me. But probably the teams I'd like to see are Philly and Toronto. Both teams are beating eachother around. It's a pure slug fest. Also, the Devils own both teams in the post season. And it appears that Mogilny, (the Leafs best player,) is hurt. How bad? I don't know. Took a stick to the jaw. Philadelphia has never proved anything to me. With the exception that they are heartless.

Am I getting ahead of myself? Maybe. But up 3-0, I think we all, as FANS, have a right to be. The players better focus on the task at hand. :evil:
But Boston away now!

#2 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:21 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The Devils have to just beat the team in front of them. In this case it's the Bruins. If and when they do, one can speculate on the unfolding scenarios. But don't turn speculation into wishfulness. The Devils always seem to have trouble with teams that were wished for them to play.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#3 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:28 PM

That's true Rock. Like Carolina.

But to argue, I'm a fan. If I was on the Devils roster, then I think there would be a concern. I'm sure our boys are focused at the object in hand. Win tomorrow, and get a little rest for round two.

#4 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:37 PM

In the West, Ducks score!

1-0 Amaheim, early 2nd period. It'd be great to see them pull off the upset.

#5 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:38 PM

I'll take any team next round.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#6 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:43 PM

Gotta love Rock's approach :) ;) :lol: :D B).

LMAO

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#7 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 06:51 AM

The Devils look like they will face the winne rof the Flyers-Leafs series since I am sure Ottawa and Washington will win. But if Tampa some how wins, we play them.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#8 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 06:52 AM

We're not even out of the first round yet...jeez.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#9 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 04:18 PM

RD you know someone was going to bring up the Conn Smythe, so why not talk about this? ;)
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#10 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 04:36 PM

Right now, I'd be really happy just to win tonight's game.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#11 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 04:45 PM

please don't jinx them!!!

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#12 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 04:48 PM

RD you know someone was going to bring up the Conn Smythe, so why not talk about this? ;)

:lol:

BRODEUR IS THE MVP BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YESSSSSSSSSS CONN SMYTHE WINNNNNER ALL THE WAYYYY!!

....well....if...we make it to the second round....and then the round after that....and then that small itty-bitty task of beating the Western Conference team in the Finals...

YES!!!!!!! IT'S CAKE!!!!!! CANCEL THE PLAYOFFS WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Oh, but man...we haven't even won the first round yet! Oops! :rolleyes:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#13 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 04:58 PM

I just want a win tonight. SWEEP = rest and then bring on anybody! :evil:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users