RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

Yeah they are referring to me as "gigantic guy" and "mamma's boy"

plain d!cks over there

In my non-homosexual opinion, you're very handsome for a big and tall man. Definitely not a Michael Moore type.

I'm not gay.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#42 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

I was a regular poster at Devilsrule for a while, but kind of lost interest when Bill (the guy who runs the site) moved it over to a new board and alot of people kind of fell of the map.

There are some real great people over there but like everyplace there are some people left to be desired.

I don't think i have ever posted here, and I mainly post on HF, but this place looks cool and from what I have seen you guys/gals look like a good bunch.

Edited by feerlessleadr, 02 December 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#43 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:44 PM

In my non-homosexual opinion, you're very handsome for a big and tall man. Definitely not a Michael Moore type.

I'm not gay.

haha thank you! if i meet you, you get a hug. a non gay hug.

#44 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

I was a regular poster at Devilsrule for a while, but kind of lost interest when Bill (the guy who runs the site) moved it over to a new board and alot of people kind of fell of the map.

There are some real great people over there but like everyplace there are some people left to be desired.

I don't think i have ever posted here, and I mainly post on HF, but this place looks cool and from what I have seen you guys/gals look like a good bunch.

welcome aboard! I think you'll like it here!
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#45 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

I wish they would have dedicated the whole show to the 2000 cup winner like they advertised.

Me too. I thought the same thing. Either that each team would get their own show or at least a larger segment on a longer show. Not a mere 8-10 minutes out of a half-hour program.

#46 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

Me too. I thought the same thing. Either that each team would get their own show or at least a larger segment on a longer show. Not a mere 8-10 minutes out of a half-hour program.

Which STILL included Mattheau.........Bastages
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#47 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

Why would people be pissed that it was a "younger" fan on the MSG channel? In my opinion, the Devils are still a relatively young team, and people around my age (23) have really grown up with the team and therefore are some of the biggest most diehard fans out there. Don't get me wrong, that's not to say people that are older aren't equally as passionate about the team. My dad who is in his 50s is a huge Devils fan obviously, but before the Devils game to NJ, he did watch Rangers games since he loved hockey and that was the closest team to NJ. I think a large part of why you become a fan of a certain team has to do with your family and who they root for. I didn't have a choice in the matter as after I was born I was bought Devils apparel etc. and that was that. Haha. I think as people in my age group grow older and have children our fan base will only grow. That's why it irritates me when people get cranky about how small our fan base is. A lot of my friends who are Rangers fans are Rangers fans because they're parents are and that's who they've grown up rooting for. If my dad never made the switch to Devils fan (though it wasn't like he was a hardcore Rangers fan or anything) I might be a Rangers fan myself. Thank god I'm not. ;)

I've been a Devils fan since I was 6 years old and started watching and playing hockey, but my mom used to be a Ranger fan too- my mom actually worked at the Garden back in the 70's before I was born. So I'm also part of the first generation of Devils fans who never rooted for another team. When I got into hockey, I found out there was a team in Jersey and decided to root for them because I figured "Jersey is where I'm from, so I'll root for the team from Jersey". So my mom started taking me to Devils games. And for a couple of years, she continued to root for the Rangers. But the more she took me to games and watched the Devils on TV, the more she liked them and the further she moved away from the Rangers. Now, my mom is a huge Devils fan and hates the Rangers as much as any other Devils fan lol. I guess I'm responsible for that.

Edited by MadDog2020, 03 December 2008 - 12:12 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#48 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

I've been a Devils fan since I was 6 years old and started watching and playing hockey, but my mom used to be a Ranger fan too- my mom actually worked at the Garden back in the 70's before I was born. So I'm also part of the first generation of Devils fans who never rooted for another team. When I got into hockey, I found out there was a team in Jersey and decided to root for them because I figured "Jersey is where I'm from, so I'll root for the team from Jersey". So my mom started taking me to Devils games. And for a couple of years, she continued to root for the Rangers. But the more she took me to games and watched the Devils on TV, the more she liked them and the further she moved away from the Rangers. Now, my mom is a huge Devils fan and hates the Rangers as much as any other Devils fan lol. I guess I'm responsible for that.

Excellent grooming.

How do you explain the Dolphins? :puke:

Edited by Jimmy Leeds, 03 December 2008 - 12:17 AM.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#49 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

After you explain the Dolphins... can you explain to me how I can get the jerseys and the keeper pic in my sig? lol

#50 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:40 AM

Excellent grooming.

How do you explain the Dolphins? :puke:

My grandfather was a Dolphins fan and since I went to Florida 2 or sometimes 3 times a year when I was a kid to visit my grandparents and other relatives I had down there, and because of the awesomeness of Dan Marino, I started to get into the team and became a big Dolphins fan. I've been a Dolphins fan almost as long as I've been a Devils fan- 22 years.

Edited by MadDog2020, 03 December 2008 - 08:40 AM.

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:42 AM

After you explain the Dolphins... can you explain to me how I can get the jerseys and the keeper pic in my sig? lol

I forget the name of the website now, but I'm sure someone else here can name it. Once you go to the site pick the jerseys you want and then host the image through Photobucket or a similar site.

#52 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:05 AM

haha thank you! if i meet you, you get a hug. a non gay hug.

I think I see where this is going.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#53 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

I forget the name of the website now, but I'm sure someone else here can name it. Once you go to the site pick the jerseys you want and then host the image through Photobucket or a similar site.

http://www.jerseydatabase.com/

#54 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

Yeah they are referring to me as "gigantic guy" and "mamma's boy"

plain d!cks over there

Your right about that. DR.com is ruled by about 5 or 6 elites over there who if you do not share thier opinion about everything they jump down your throat. It use to be a good site but has turned into a pathetic shell of its former self. Bill has let that site degenerate into a thug board.

#55 CaptainLangs

CaptainLangs

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

Your right about that. DR.com is ruled by about 5 or 6 elites over there who if you do not share thier opinion about everything they jump down your throat. It use to be a good site but has turned into a pathetic shell of its former self. Bill has let that site degenerate into a thug board.

LOL And you didn't think that we wouldn't happen to read this, did you?

NJDevs is a great hockey forum. If they would've witnessed what you said during the Rags/Devs series last April, I'd put my money on that everyone here would've called you out. Having differing opinions and criticizing your team's play is one thing (Did I bully/curse out all of the fans that wanted Elias, my favorite player, to be traded? No.), turning your back on your team and trashing it is an entirely different story. I'm not going to bother with you, that's all I have to say.
Got a little captain in you?

#56 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

LOL And you didn't think that we wouldn't happen to read this, did you?

NJDevs is a great hockey forum. If they would've witnessed what you said during the Rags/Devs series last April, I'd put my money on that everyone here would've called you out. Having differing opinions and criticizing your team's play is one thing (Did I bully/curse out all of the fans that wanted Elias, my favorite player, to be traded? No.), turning your back on your team and trashing it is an entirely different story. I'm not going to bother with you, that's all I have to say.

Then why did you bother replying? You can STFU now k.

Furthermore I can care less whether or not the faggots on that site will read what I say about them. I hope they all do so they can obsess over me like they always do and prove how failed and pitiful their lives are.

Edited by thegame346, 05 December 2008 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users