5 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Death

Dr Death

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

How can it be that I didn't know about this site. I not internet savy, but when some posters on another site began bashing this site, I couldn't figure out why Devils fans would attack each other. This place looks really cool, correction, really HOT.
I'm an older generation hockey nut, and my knowledge goes back to the late 70's, before there were any Devils. I'm a partial season ticket holder and have been for the last 13 years. You may have seen my Dr Death #77 jersey roaming the corridors of the Rock or back at the old CAA.
I look foward to engaging in talks about my Devs. Hopefully, what I might write, will not be attacked by the imature and insecure.

I like to have fun, talk hockey and look foward to talking to everyone.
And, for the record, NO, I'm not a doctor.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Welcome to the forums! I have seen your jersey before, hah.

#3 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,223 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

Not the first DR boy to come over here... trust me, you'll love it.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

I have no idea why Devils fans would attack each other either. That just seems ridiculous. Anyway, welcome to NJDEVS. It's always good to hear some perspective from the older fans. I've only been following hockey since 1994.

EDIT: Don't be like me and take more than two years to reach your 100th post!

Edited by gionta182, 08 December 2008 - 03:51 AM.

"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

It's like any other fan base where most of it is a spolied and deluded grouping (I have to admit it does get fun to see OMG WE LOST THREE GAMES IN NOVEMBER BREAK UP THE TEAM!!!! now and then .... it got really bad when on July 1, Scott Gomez signs elsewhere and PEOPLE HERE GAVE UP ON THE TEAM... unreal.... :rolleyes: )

but for the most... avoid the NFL and politcs threads and you'll be safe :lol:

BTW, Dr. Death Steve Williams... AWESOME rassler!! :thumbsup:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 Dr Death

Dr Death

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

I have no idea why Devils fans would attack each other either. That just seems ridiculous. Anyway, welcome to NJDEVS. It's always good to hear some perspective from the older fans. I've only been following hockey since 1994.

EDIT: Don't be like me and take more than two years to reach your 100th post!

Funny thing you said that about post counts, when time allows, I'll jump in, mostly during road games and games I don't attend at the Rock. It may take me awhile to get to 100. Or maybe not!!

Thanks guys!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users