RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

Like I said DM, Every Game. Those last 3 goals were all due to "Mike Kicking"

Damn straight :P

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#122 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

GET THE NEXT GOAL!

#123 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

I hope Fischler gets hit by a bus walking outside of MSG tonight.

Keep his ass over with the Rangers where his loyalty belongs.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#124 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

SWEET GAME

Fans were great tonight
Attendance:

Posted Image

#125 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,861 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

Man, what a nutty game. We completely collapse, and after the Rangers score the 5th goal to tie it up, it's like BOOM- we flick the switch back on. Obviously a bad job by Clemmer on those two 3rd period goals- both were absolutely horrible, especially the 4th. Not happy with the let-down obviously either but hey, we beat the Rangers, we hung 8 on the Queen, and we did it in regulation to boot. HUGE win. I said going in that this was a measuring stick game and while it turned out to be way more difficult than it should've been, we won and that's all that matters- and hopefully Zajac is okay. So with all that said- Eat sh*t Queen Henrik!! :boogie:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#126 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

Sometimes in the face of adversity with all injuries etc u think that it could mean Stanley Cup Champions
Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#127 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

Best. Game. Ever.
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#128 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

Elias was, has, and always will be the clutchest/money player we have ever had.

Colin White also had a hell of a game. Did Zherdev come back into the atomosphere yet?

#129 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Big props to Zajac, Colin White, Zach Parise, Elias and Zub for this one.

White played like it was the Stevens-era all over again. Just launching guys on hits. He needs to play like that every night. Don't be afraid to use your size, Colin.

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

by the way, steve cangelosi needs to leave the air, for the love of god. he is horrible. just horrible. rangers bias all the way.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#131 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

GET THE NEXT GOAL!

Check the sig. :lol:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#132 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

lol. I love the chat.

#133 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

by the way, steve cangelosi needs to leave the air, for the love of god. he is horrible. just horrible. rangers bias all the way.

I agree he actually sounded DEPRESSED on some of the Devils goals. Jeez I missed one goal while in chat because he didn't raise his voice at all when Zajac? Scored.

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

I agree he actually sounded DEPRESSED on some of the Devils goals. Jeez I missed one goal while in chat because he didn't raise his voice at all when Zajac? Scored.

he talks up how great wade redden was against new jersey in some game against them earlier this year. meanwhile wade redden has been somewhere between passable and awful as a ranger so far.

#135 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

This new guy on the pregame isn't that bad. Good voice, and you can tell he is a devils fan.

Sign him up!

#136 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

I know giving up the 4 goal lead was not the best thing to do but I agree with Chico that the way the Devils won this game may have been better overall then just rolling over these guys. Clemmensen had a tough night but it really made me happy to see the guys step it up after the game was tied and pull this one out. Obviously they averted disaster but it really feels like these guys are playing for one another. They are a TEAM and the benefits of that are starting to show.

The officiating was beyond awful. Just a horrible game by the refs. In fact the only call they got right imo was the no goal that was eventually reversed.

Welcome back Mr. Bobby Holik. He played with a lot of jam tonight and it was like a throw back game of sorts seeing that #16 plow down everything in his way.

Mr. Gionta you are a point a game player.

I'll go easy on the Queen cause man did he have no help out there tonight but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy every single one of those goals that went past him. I jokingly asked for 7 or 8 goals before the game and I actually got what I wanted. Didn't think we would need them but I'll take it. Serves his ass right for disgracing our home rink after game 5 last year.

I'm not going to kill Clemmensen either. Those last 2 goals were tough but even Marty gives up stinkers. This is his first taste of the big show and he is going to have games like this. If we get one of these games for every ten like he just played, I'll take that all day. All that matters is that he found a way to stop the puck after it was tied at 5 and came up with a couple of stops after the Devils had regained the lead.

Sorry for the long post but I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t right now. This was a long time coming and even though it's regular season, these games always mean a lot. Hopefully it's becoming clearer now but this is a good Devils team and they're only going to get better as Rolston finds his game. Hopefully Zajac is ok as well.

There will be drinks tonight :koolaid:
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#137 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

Just imagine how good this team will be once Marty comes back.

Scary good. :evil:

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#138 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

i'm still wondering how you massively outplay a team for most of the game and end up with 4 power plays to the opponent's 9.

i'm hoping to read something by TG about zajac - he was definitely cut either by the hit or the fight, but he did play shifts after the fight, didn't he? my guess is precaution about a head injury and hopefully he'll be back soon.

#139 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

Thankfully I was at a sports bar and didn't need to hear any of the commentary! Who was that fat dude doing commentary with Daneyko?

That had to be one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. Where was the retaliatory slash call on that guy when Parise got the slash? Unbelievable.

Some of the calls were good. The hold on Rolston, the interference on the Rangers when Rupp was going after the puck...but mostly I just kept going WTF?

Renney finally had the bright idea to put all three offensive players that were worth any sort of a damn on the same line. I tell everyone who watches a Rangers game to look out for 13, 19, and 91, and boy without them I don't know where the hell the Rangers would be.

#140 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

What a game. Great intensity throughout.
The Elias-Zubrus-Gionta line played very well and Parise had 4 assists. Woot!!!
Also beating the Rangers is a plus. :P
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users