40 replies to this topic

#21 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

Clemmer is going to run with it, but I think the Devils will have to continue playing at this high level defensively or offensively to continue winning. I think it was Clemmer who said, since Marty has went down, the Devils have not given up any breakaways or 2 on 1s. It's been pretty incredible and it sure makes his job a lot easier.

And Jerry, he may have put himself out of position on the third goal, but what do you want him to do? The Devils leave a Sabre wide open in the slot, and then there is another Sabre left wide open to score on an empty net. What is he suppsoed to do? It is like blaming Price on the Parise OT winner.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#22 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:44 AM

Worst. Thread. Ever.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#23 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

what happens when Marty gets back? Do we send Weekesie down to Lowell (does he have a 1 way contract?)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#24 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

What a stupid thread .
Maybe if Weekes played more than a game or 2 every couple of weeks we could evaluate his skills better. You know, the same way Clems got his chance and after a few dismal losses started to play better.
It's the whiskey talking.

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

what happens when Marty gets back? Do we send Weekesie down to Lowell (does he have a 1 way contract?)

Marty won't be back till post-trade deadline, the rosters expand and we keep 3 goalies
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

What a stupid thread .
Maybe if Weekes played more than a game or 2 every couple of weeks we could evaluate his skills better. You know, the same way Clems got his chance and after a few dismal losses started to play better.

Well, I think both guys had equal chances to get more playing time when Marty went down, and so far, Clemmensen has capitalized and Weekes hasn't. That doesn't mean Weekes won't get his chance again when and if Clemmensen hits a rough patch.

Right now, every game is an opportunity for Weekes to get back in the mix, and he has to play well to do so. Last night, he was average at best, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was let go way before Marty comes back.

#27 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Marty won't be back till post-trade deadline, the rosters expand and we keep 3 goalies

Keep but not dress, correct?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

Kevin Weekes, your friendly neighborhood EBG?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

you can't dress 3 goalies

remember Edmonton had this in their Finals run against Carolina and that's why Ty Conklin was in and sh!t the bed in game 1 because he was the random backup that night

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#30 D95E00V03ILS

D95E00V03ILS

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

Go to the Devils official website and open out the game stats. You will see something on the sabres goals Sutter mixed the lines and sh!t happens. I check these game to game and you will notice a consistent pattern on each opponent goal 5,20,11 not all the time but its enough. We got careless in front of Weekes yet he did not help matters any. Regroup and get back to business Toronto is fast young and aggressive, we are older, a lot older and smarter.

#31 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

Worst. Thread. Ever.

...yet somehow snagged 30 comments & 500 hits. :wacko:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#32 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Too quick to Judge, PLus we didnt light up the scoreboard last night
#33 KC Devil

KC Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

Go to the Devils official website and open out the game stats. You will see something on the sabres goals Sutter mixed the lines and sh!t happens. I check these game to game and you will notice a consistent pattern on each opponent goal 5,20,11 not all the time but its enough. We got careless in front of Weekes yet he did not help matters any. Regroup and get back to business Toronto is fast young and aggressive, we are older, a lot older and smarter.

Funny....#5, +12, and 3rd on the team, but he is out there for opponent's goals????

Madden and Pando are the bottom 2 in +/- on team....I will buy that. Another Colin White hater.

Mike Martin
KC Devil
Mike Martin
KC Devil

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

...yet somehow snagged 30 comments & 500 hits. :wacko:

you mean people on this board do nothing more then sit here and pump their chests claiming to be the greatest minds in hockey not working in the NHL?? :P

#35 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

I have more of a problem with the way the team played in front of Weekes. I think it is still a reflection on the goaltender. The boys were getting used to Clemmer and playing very well. I look forward to seeing Clemmer Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

#36 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

I have more of a problem with the way the team played in front of Weekes. I think it is still a reflection on the goaltender. The boys were getting used to Clemmer and playing very well. I look forward to seeing Clemmer Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

I don't know about that. It seems like the Devils have had 4-5 days between games for the past few weeks and all of the sudden we have three games in four days. This Sabres game also happened to come after an emotional roller coaster of a game against the Rags the night before. They were just spent.

Also, I don't know if any people with a better sense of history can back this up, but a train conductor shared his observations with us on the ride up. He said he's been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons and he's also a big gambler, and one thing that he consistently noticed was that the Devils always seem to lose the game after the Rangers. He never bets on them and always gives his tickets away for these games. He said the Devils losing the game after a Devils/Rangers game is almost as reliable as the Sun rising in the morning.
Posted Image

#37 sameblood

sameblood

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

I think this is a bad game to judge Weekes off of. It seemed like it was destined to be a loss. Besides, they have a bunch of games crammed into a short time period. Pushing it after the crazy Ranger game probably would have resulted in an injury. Like I said before, it was the best game to lose.

Edited by sameblood, 14 December 2008 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#38 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

I expected a loss as well. That game on Friday was WAY too crazy to come back and play the next night. I'm still excited from Friday.

#39 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

OK, I'm bored and looked up our record in the games after Devils/Rangers over the past five years (that's as far back as ESPN.com goes) for the hell of it. Here's what we've got:

2002-03: 0-3-2 (those are ties, not OTL)
2003-04: 6-0
2005-06: 2-6
2006-07: 5-3
2007-08: 2-6
2008-09: 1-2
Total: 16-20-2

It's not as absolute as the conductor made it sound, but there might be some credence to the theory that the Devils are more prone to a letdown after a Devils/Rangers game than they are with other opponents.
Posted Image

#40 Ivan

Ivan

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

y is he soo good i wish i could play like him.

Idiotic thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users