112 replies to this topic

#61 Senators Advocate

Senators Advocate

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

Good game tonight Devils, despite an easy opponent. Congrats.
Go Sens Go!!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Polish God and first ever Sen Peter Sidorkiewicz and his severely underrated 4 game stint with Your New Jersey Devils.
2008 Philadelphia Phillies: World fvcking Champions!!

#62 sweDevil

sweDevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

sweet ppg

#63 sweDevil

sweDevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

Great game by the devils, the pp is really coming togheter. We will need it sat when we face a tougher oppenent

#64 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:29 PM

Great win tonight bye the Devils. They played a complete 60 minutes and killed a team they should've. Look at these stats from tonight. Elias 2g 2a Parise 4a Lags 1g Oduya 1g and all the other guys who had points. It was a team effort.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#65 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

I watched bits and pieces of the game but New Jersey looked good. Rolston had a better game.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#66 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

Awesome win!!

I missed it, where is Madden?
Posted Image

#67 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

that was a really good complete game. i really like how this team has been playing since marty went down.
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#68 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

Dano with the comment of the night: "I'll bet it was Stan who suggested to Larry Brooks that the Devils trade Elias" :koolaid:
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#69 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

missed the game will watch the highlights later

man 5-1 What happened to this team. They really want to show they are the best in the eastern conference

Posted Image

#70 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

LET'S GO DEVILS (though for some reason I have a bad vibe about this game)

I love being wrong. This Senator team really is a mess. I wonder if Spezza is going to be scratched in Ottawa's next game, as their head coach implied before the game.

This team is starting to remind me of the '00-'01 squad. Fun to watch.

Welcome back Patrik. THIS is the guy we all thought we'd be watching two years ago. It's great to see him again now...and so damn HAPPY! :boogie:
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#71 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

that was a really good complete game. i really like how this team has been playing since marty went down.

Pretty hard not to.

The Sutter detractors are going to have to tone it down for a while. Last year the guy overachieved with 99 points, this year he's got the team playing some terrific hockey AND he doing it with Scott Clemmensen as his #1 netminder!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#72 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

It's so creepy how Stan is leaning into Oduya and staring at him during this interview. WTF?!?

1dun.jpg

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Pretty hard not to.

The Sutter detractors are going to have to tone it down for a while. Last year the guy overachieved with 99 points, this year he's got the team playing some terrific hockey AND he doing it with Scott Clemmensen as his #1 netminder!

Not to mention the same offense that looked so god-awful last year is lighting it up big-time this year.

I haven't had as much fun watching a Devil team since the end of '06 (especially given the obstacles they've been overcoming) and this team is starting to look like they have the mental toughness of the '03 squad. It shows you something when the first words out of Elias's mouth in the postgame interview were how the Devils floated around in the latter part of the second period.

It may be a year late but Sutter is finally able to implement the changes he talked about when he first got here and look at the results. Clemmensen with his tenth win tonight, that seemed unfathomable even after Marty's injury.

Edited by Hasan4978, 19 December 2008 - 09:50 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#74 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

Lets go devs, game prediction 5-2 devs

You really blew that one..... :) No faith in the team to hold Ottawa to 1 goal? :)
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#75 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

I love being wrong. This Senator team really is a mess. I wonder if Spezza is going to be scratched in Ottawa's next game, as their head coach implied before the game.

This team is starting to remind me of the '00-'01 squad. Fun to watch.

Welcome back Patrik. THIS is the guy we all thought we'd be watching two years ago. It's great to see him again now...and so damn HAPPY! :boogie:

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game tonight bro. This is the most balanced team we've had since '01 bar none. We're rolling 4 lines and we have great depth. VERY reminiscent of '01. When Marty comes back, I feel this team is a legit Cup contender. Some tough ones coming up with the Fly-f*gs and Boston though.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#76 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Boston

That will be the measuring stick. Expect a giant humble pie.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#77 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game tonight bro. This is the most balanced team we've had since '01 bar none. We're rolling 4 lines and we have great depth.

not that there are that many of them to begin with, but this team still does not have that stud defensman that it seems like cup champs normally do. while the '01 team had 4 forward lines exactly how you'd want to build them, they also had 2 of the top 5 d-men in the league in stevens and neidermayer and another top 10 guy in rafalski. martin and oduya are good players and salvador has been a very good find. but this is more of a carolina '05 defense than any of the wings/ducks type cores.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#78 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

That will be the measuring stick. Expect a giant humble pie.

I expect nothing of the sort. We can keep up just fine with them. Honestly, I'm not sold on the Bruins being legit just yet, as well as they've played. They will not keep this pace up all year.

#79 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

The Devils played great. (Despite a some-what sloppy 2nd)
Elias and Parise were amazing.
Our PP clicked 3 times. Woot ! ! !
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

#80 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

not that there are that many of them to begin with, but this team still does not have that stud defensman that it seems like cup champs normally do. while the '01 team had 4 forward lines exactly how you'd want to build them, they also had 2 of the top 5 d-men in the league in stevens and neidermayer and another top 10 guy in rafalski. martin and oduya are good players and salvador has been a very good find. but this is more of a carolina '05 defense than any of the wings/ducks type cores.

Very true, but this group has done a nice job so far. The names might not pop out to you on paper, but the whole has been greater than the sum of it's parts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users