180 replies to this topic

#121 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

well, this was discouraging, haha. thanks but i was doing the line for the cheaper tickets cause i've spent all my money on the devils already. if no one picks those up from you before friday i'd be glad to take them both for $30 ;)

Alright i'll keep u in mind if no one budges on the seats by friday. I'm a student right now and ive spent a nice chunk of my loans on the devils haha. But if ur willing to not wait til friday i can do both right now for $40.

#122 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

well, this was discouraging, haha. thanks but i was doing the line for the cheaper tickets cause i've spent all my money on the devils already. if no one picks those up from you before friday i'd be glad to take them both for $30 ;)

It is better to tell you the truth now rather than to wait in line for a few hours on Friday, have people cut in line in front of you, and having the very real risk of you not getting a $10 seat. You could just get a single seat on ticketmaster or stubhub or even on here and spend a little more change and not waste hours on line.

This is how with Mortgage and bills and everything I can still go to 15-20 games a year as I just make sure I cut back on other stuff. Therefore I rarely drink on game days, I eat outside the arena (that 2 slices and 1 can of soda deal in the place in the Gateway tunnel for $4.50 is a steal as a slice in the arena is $5.75). I also do not pay for drink inside the arena as i sneak in a water bottle and sign up for the designated driver booth and get a free soda. Basically I am getting a free soda for agreeing not to drink any of the sh!t beers they have (Bud, Miller, Rolling rock, etc) and save me $9 a drink in the process.

#123 njdallday

njdallday

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Alright i'll keep u in mind if no one budges on the seats by friday. I'm a student right now and ive spent a nice chunk of my loans on the devils haha. But if ur willing to not wait til friday i can do both right now for $40.

yeah, same! i'll definitely take them for $40 if the offer is still on the table, i don't want to miss this game

#124 njdallday

njdallday

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

It is better to tell you the truth now rather than to wait in line for a few hours on Friday, have people cut in line in front of you, and having the very real risk of you not getting a $10 seat. You could just get a single seat on ticketmaster or stubhub or even on here and spend a little more change and not waste hours on line.

This is how with Mortgage and bills and everything I can still go to 15-20 games a year as I just make sure I cut back on other stuff. Therefore I rarely drink on game days, I eat outside the arena (that 2 slices and 1 can of soda deal in the place in the Gateway tunnel for $4.50 is a steal as a slice in the arena is $5.75). I also do not pay for drink inside the arena as i sneak in a water bottle and sign up for the designated driver booth and get a free soda. Basically I am getting a free soda for agreeing not to drink any of the sh!t beers they have (Bud, Miller, Rolling rock, etc) and save me $9 a drink in the process.

Yeah, I appreciate the advice. I figured it would be packed being that it's a Flyers game and they always seem to invade the rock. >:o I've gotten a part-time job to afford going to a bunch of games ha, it's the train that kills me. But the tickets I purchased for the Islanders game tomorrow came with a $10 food/drink card so that's a nice plus. That pizza deal sounds awesome, what place is that?!

#125 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, I appreciate the advice. I figured it would be packed being that it's a Flyers game and they always seem to invade the rock. >:o I've gotten a part-time job to afford going to a bunch of games ha, it's the train that kills me. But the tickets I purchased for the Islanders game tomorrow came with a $10 food/drink card so that's a nice plus. That pizza deal sounds awesome, what place is that?!

It is that place when you go into the Gateway tunnel from Penn and it is the pizza place with the buffet on the right. They usually have a sign advertising that deal.

I got the flash pass at the beginning of the season in early oct so every game since the train has been free. Saved me a bit of dough.

#126 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

May as well unpin this, no more $10 seats.

#127 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

According to the devils Facebook there will still be $10 tickets available

#128 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

According to the devils Facebook there will still be $10 tickets available

I called the box office yesterday afternoon and asked about them. They said if the seats are available right before the game theyll be $10. So i said, well opening night all the corners are sold so that means theres no $10 seats? And he said thats right. So just spend the extra 9 dollars and buy them on ticketmaster. Plus if youre waiting out there for seats and i go buy them on ticketmaster as ur sitting there youd be beat. Thats stupid. I figured these tickets would be the supporter section now, standing room only, but i guess theyre just phasing them out.

#129 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

I called the box office yesterday afternoon and asked about them. They said if the seats are available right before the game theyll be $10. So i said, well opening night all the corners are sold so that means theres no $10 seats? And he said thats right. So just spend the extra 9 dollars and buy them on ticketmaster. Plus if youre waiting out there for seats and i go buy them on ticketmaster as ur sitting there youd be beat. Thats stupid. I figured these tickets would be the supporter section now, standing room only, but i guess theyre just phasing them out.

Listen, the tickets to the corners are sold-out and have been for quite some time on Ticketmaster, so I cannot even buy them on there if that is true smart-ass.

Also, I have a huge bone to pick with the Devils box office. The rant I posted on here back in Feb about what happend to me in teh $10 line was just the straw that broke the camels back. There have been many times I get told different stories about policies and what is going on and the stories I hear vary from ticket agent to ticket agent. There have been more than one instance where I was told something by an agent right there in the box office, only to find out right in front of me a few minutes later that was not the case and when I call the agent out on it, the best I get is them shrugging their shoulders. Even the manager of the ticket agents had no answer to us when my group and I called him out on the $10 line policies they had. I have dealt with many different box offices over my life from MSG, to the old Giants stadium to the PNC Bank Arts center and the Prudential center box office have been by a good measure either the least knowledgeable or least helpful and in some cases I feel like I have been outright lied to. I do know know if that is on purpose or if it was just ignorance or poor training on their part, but any case I find the box office at prudential center to be poor at best.

Also, the Devils have stated they will be having a $10 line for each game this season a month or so ago on their facebook. So therefore either their Facebook is lying or the ticket agent is lying or just making something up just to get you off the phone and over to the ticketmaster line for you to order tickets. If you want, call them up again today and tomorrow as well and if you get a different agent, I am pretty sure you will get a different story. I know I have before.

Edited by DevsMan84, 07 October 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#130 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Listen, the tickets to the corners are sold-out and have been for quite some time on Ticketmaster, so I cannot even buy them on there if that is true smart-ass.

Also, I have a huge bone to pick with the Devils box office. The rant I posted on here back in Feb about what happend to me in teh $10 line was just the straw that broke the camels back. There have been many times I get told different stories about policies and what is going on and the stories I hear vary from ticket agent to ticket agent. There have been more than one instance where I was told something by an agent right there in the box office, only to find out right in front of me a few minutes later that was not the case and when I call the agent out on it, the best I get is them shrugging their shoulders. Even the manager of the ticket agents had no answer to us when my group and I called him out on the $10 line policies they had. I have dealt with many different box offices over my life from MSG, to the old Giants stadium to the PNC Bank Arts center and the Prudential center box office have been by a good measure either the least knowledgeable or least helpful and in some cases I feel like I have been outright lied to. I do know know if that is on purpose or if it was just ignorance or poor training on their part, but any case I find the box office at prudential center to be poor at best.
K
Also, the Devils have stated they will be having a $10 line for each game this season a month or so ago on their facebook. So therefore either their Facebook is lying or the ticket agent is lying or just making something up just to get you off the phone and over to the ticketmaster line for you to order tickets. If you want, call them up again today and tomorrow as well and if you get a different agent, I am pretty sure you will get a different story. I know I have before.

smartass?? Whatre u talking about dude? Im telling u what i was told. Get ur panties out of a bunch. I know the corners have been sold out for a while for opening night, i never said they were available so hush. But if u kept up on the team you would know u can buy those seats in those sections ahead of time now and u would have gotten ur seats for a reasonable $37 when they went on sale. As far as the staff u deal with, what do u expect man? Honestly. Its people from the city of newark working there, they want their paycheck they dont give a damn about the service they provide. The info i got could be wrong but if it is where will the $10 seats be? It would have to be standing room only, and i dont think theyd clutter up the section entrances with that.

#131 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

smartass?? Whatre u talking about dude? Im telling u what i was told. Get ur panties out of a bunch. I know the corners have been sold out for a while for opening night, i never said they were available so hush. But if u kept up on the team you would know u can buy those seats in those sections ahead of time now and u would have gotten ur seats for a reasonable $37 when they went on sale. As far as the staff u deal with, what do u expect man? Honestly. Its people from the city of newark working there, they want their paycheck they dont give a damn about the service they provide. The info i got could be wrong but if it is where will the $10 seats be? It would have to be standing room only, and i dont think theyd clutter up the section entrances with that.

And if you kept up with the team you would know the $10 seats have always been in the very upper corners. The $37 seats are the rest of the uppers that are not in the very upper corners and every fan that keeps up with the team knows that. This is the first time the very upper corners are available to buy as beforehand they were only available to season ticket holders or the $10 line.

You just signed up to rag on me like I am bitching about not getting tickets when you do not have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. For people like me who did not buy way in advance as I did not know if I could make it sometimes the $10 line is the only choice to get tickets at a reasonable price. My whole ordeal last season with the line was for a rags game that I only found out a few days before that I could make it and the cheapest seat on stubhub or ticketmaster was over $100 a seat. Ever since then I will not bother going to popular games where I did not buy tickets way in advance.

Next time do some research on your own before trying to act like a smartass. I do not care what type of people they have working it if they live in Newark as they should all know the policies and be consistent with it. If you are trying to excuse their behavior at work with that excuse I can only imagine how you must be at work.

#132 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Apparently there is a line for $10 seats already today according to a poster on HF...I hope they do have a decent amount available or there'll be a riot :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#133 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Apparently there is a line for $10 seats already today according to a poster on HF...I hope they do have a decent amount available or there'll be a riot :lol:

Another example of the box office staff either being full of sh!t or just plain ignorant as hell.

#134 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

And if you kept up with the team you would know the $10 seats have always been in the very upper corners. The $37 seats are the rest of the uppers that are not in the very upper corners and every fan that keeps up with the team knows that. This is the first time the very upper corners are available to buy as beforehand they were only available to season ticket holders or the $10 line.

You just signed up to rag on me like I am bitching about not getting tickets when you do not have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. For people like me who did not buy way in advance as I did not know if I could make it sometimes the $10 line is the only choice to get tickets at a reasonable price. My whole ordeal last season with the line was for a rags game that I only found out a few days before that I could make it and the cheapest seat on stubhub or ticketmaster was over $100 a seat. Ever since then I will not bother going to popular games where I did not buy tickets way in advance.

Next time do some research on your own before trying to act like a smartass. I do not care what type of people they have working it if they live in Newark as they should all know the policies and be consistent with it. If you are trying to excuse their behavior at work with that excuse I can only imagine how you must be at work.

youre an absolute idiot, all ur doing is bitching and complaining. I signed up cause i recently was told about this website at the game. Ive waited in that line many times my friend, i know what im talking about. Those seats are 35 dollars now (sorry 2 dollars off) for premier games like TONIGHT. Do ur own research before speaking because u look like an idiot. I just called the box office again and im in total agreement that theyre terrible the conversation went like this.
Me: hey do u have any 10 dollars seats for tonight?
Lady: yes we do.
Me:oh okay and where are those seats?
Lady:the upper corners.
Me: oh well this year u can buy those tickets in advance and theyre all sold already.
Lady: no u cant.
Me: yes u can because ive already done so for multiple games but at 20,27, amd 35 dollars but theyre all sold out tonight so that means theres no tickets tonight for 10 right?
Lady: yes thats right.
Me: okay thank.u very much

you see? I made the lady change her answer completely just like that. Its like no one informed these ppl that those tickets have been sold already. Are there gunna be duplicate tickets made so ppl are sitting on each others laps? Either way see ya in section 2 tonight!!!!!!!! deVs BABAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

#135 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

lol god, I can't wait to see how this turns out if they come out at the last minute and say 'whoops, we don't have any wristbands for you'.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#136 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

lol god, I can't wait to see how this turns out if they come out at the last minute and say 'whoops, we don't have any wristbands for you'.

Im really curious myself. Because its a fact those seats in 208, 233, etc. arent available. Thats a fact. So are these people getting gen adm., and have to stand behind a section?

#137 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

so how did this go

#138 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

so how did this go

Id like to know myself haha

#139 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

So is there a $10 line or not?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Yeah but it's far more limited than it used to be, apparently there are two different kinds of wristbands too. Fifty or so guaranteed wristbands and the other ones are like a waiting list type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users