42 replies to this topic

#21 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

In 10 years, after all the fans purchase the dark "home" jerseys, I expect the NHL to change back to the "home" White jerseys to increase merchandising sales of the NEW home jerseys.

+1

#22 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

I guess I don't care either way. It still looks weird to me with dark colors being home.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#23 britoon

britoon

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

I guess I am just biased, the red jerseys just look so much better to me. :evil:
Posted Image

"Hockey is a beautiful, well-choreographed, symphony of violence
...a mixture of talent, grace and gladiatorial combat."

#24 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

I'd be in favor of them switching it up once in a while. I don't care if it's white home/red home, I would like them to wear the standard "away" uniforms at home every now and then.

#25 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

So tell ya mother and ya father

Sometimes, good guys don't wear white.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#26 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

White Shmite. Everyone should wear their colors every game. When we play a team like Carolina or Chicago, who have the same red as us, one team will wear white. Otherwise, I don't think Colin White in red will get confused and pass to a Thrasher in a powder blue jersey. Well, Colin White might, but only him...

#27 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Personally, I like seeing the "color" sweater instead of the white ones at home. The other way always allows teams to have playoff "WHITE OUTS"... I hope they NEVER go to a third sweater though. It is too much for the fans and I think Lou, The Devils, and the fans have been quite happy with the look over the years. We (the team and fans) are unique in that we haven't really changed anything. I wouldn't be opposed to goin back to the Green/Red/White, but don't change a proven winner.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

Not to bring my Cowboys into this... but... yeah I'll bring my Cowboys into this... a while back, everyone loved doing dark at home... and because Tex Schramm (owner) was such a "make the fans get the most outta their money" kinda guy, he wanted everyone to see the other teams colored jerseys, instead of watching blue vs. white every night. (like the devils, red vs white, every night).

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#29 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

I personally love teams wearing their dark jerseys. I would love it if both teams could wear their dark jerseys every game. Usually every NHL game I play I set both teams to their dark jerseys unless they have the same main color.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

#30 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

Your jersey doesn't make you win. Your players do. I could give a sh!t about jerseys as long as we stay the New Jersey Devils that we have been for the last 26 years.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 07 January 2009 - 04:35 PM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#31 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

White at home.

#32 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

I hate red at home. It ought to go back to white so all the other teams can come in in their colors. The way it should be. fvck.

#33 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

Ha Ha I cant believe people need entertaining with " Pretty Colors", who gives a $hit.

I dont care if when Atlanta come to town they are wearing white, as long as we send their sorry a$$es back to Atlanta with no points thats all that matters.

They could be wearing any color they want.

Just leave it as it is.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#34 britdevil

britdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:07 AM

Whites at home, we haven't won a cup since the change. :giggle:

But honestly, wearing red away from home is said to give the away team a psychological edge. The red is intimidating.

Edited by britdevil, 08 January 2009 - 06:07 AM.

Patrice Cormier on fighting: "I donít mind it at all. Backing up a teammate, Iíll be there any time. If itís a tough guy, it doesnít matter who it is. Iíll be there to defend my teammate. Itís not fighting just to fight, but if a teammate needs my help or the team needs a boost, Iíll be there. Iíll do anything for the team.Ē

#35 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

I'd much rather we throwback to the xmas colors than go black.

:clap: :hail: :koolaid:

Otherwise, I don't think Colin White in red will get confused and pass to a Thrasher in a powder blue jersey. Well, Colin White might, but only him...

:rofl:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#36 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

Regardless, Id like to see them abandon the red jersey for one year and go with the same style, just using black instead of red, and have red on the shoulders and wear red shorts. Itd be nice for a change...

:puke:
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#37 wsewse

wsewse

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

How about what the ECHL does, white one half of season at home, colors the second half? I think the white at home had to do with teams on road trips not having to wash their sweaters since the color would hide the dirt (puck, stick marks). Thought I read that somewhere once.

#38 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

How bout Home Teams choice. The Home team lets the visiters know WELL ahead of time what to bring on their trip. That way the club can mix it up for promotions. :evil:

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#39 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

How bout Home Teams choice. The Home team lets the visiters know WELL ahead of time what to bring on their trip. That way the club can mix it up for promotions. :evil:

I believe this is actually the original reason for the chance. Once home teams started to go with both white and colored third jerseys it forced teams on road trips to carry double the amount of stuff for jerseys since you needed to support both your white and colored jerseys. So you might carry your white jerseys on the road, taking up space and cost, and then never even get to use them.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#40 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, well, that's why it would be important for the HOME team to have to let the visiting team know MONTHS before the game. :noclue:

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users