13 replies to this topic

#1 ALBDEVSFAN

ALBDEVSFAN

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hi Im new on here, I'm from Upstate Ny and live like 10 mins from Albany were the Rats play. when I was younger I used to go there just to see people beat the tar out of each other, but have recently found a love for the game as a whole (I still love a good fight). I usually head down to catch a Devils game once a year which was against philly this year, and I watch about every game on TV.
"I'm not throwing pillows, I'm trying to knock the dude's head off. I'm trying to get it through his head that if he fights me, he's going to get hurt. I don't want guys to like to fight me or look forward to fighting me. I want them to be scared sh!tless in the other locker room before the game even starts" - Scott Parker

#2 rockcreature66630

rockcreature66630

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Nice another new york devils fan. I am one myself. Last year i went to albany to see the rats play lowell. We lost but over all it was a good game. Leblond had two fights against the same guy.
"We hit each other with a couple," he said. "But it felt good-- more the part of hitting him that him hitting me. That felt better. But just being in it. It's been a while. It's not something you get to do when you don't play in the NHL and stay out of jail. Usually, that's frowned upon in society. But it's fun to go against a tough guy just to challenge yourself."

"It was a 3-0 call," Bobby Holik said simply, referring to the score at the time. "I think it was the first time ever for the teams I've played for."

"Not for me," he said. "I always try to play well and I always prepare and practice the same way every day whether it's the off-season, training camp or the 52nd game of the season (which it is tonight). That's one thing that's beyond my control as far as three goalies, four goalies and coaching decisions on who plays and who doesn't.

"I like to think that I'm somebody that takes my job seriously and I do those things at a high level. When I do that and practice well and I put in the time and as much extra, the other stuff is beyond my control. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that I do everything I need to do to help my teammates and to be able to play the way I'm capable of playing when given a chance."

Scoring chances against remain low. Scoring chances for have doubled. It's Sutter hockey, and it's working.

"Sure it's difficult, but you've got to make decisions and Whitey's going to go back in the lineup and someone's going to come out,"

08/09 Games attended
Fri Oct 10, 2008 Islanders Devils 1 - 2 W
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Flyers Devils 6 - 3 L
Sat Oct 25, 2008 Devils Flyers 2 - 3 O
Wed Oct 29, 2008 Maple Leafs Devils 6 - 5 O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 Rangers Devils 5 - 2 L
Fri Nov 21, 2008 Islanders Devils 2 - 5 W
Sat Dec 13, 2008 Sabres Devils 4 - 2 L
Tue Dec 23, 2008 Bruins Devils 2 - 0 L
Sun Jan 4, 2009 Senators Devils 3 - 4 W
Sat Jan 17, 2009 Devils Islanders 3 - 1 W
Wed Jan 21, 2009 Canadiens Devils 2 - 5 W
Mon Feb 9, 2009 Rangers Devils 0 - 3 W
Sat Feb 21, 2009 Devils Islanders 0 - 4 L

#3 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hey welcome to the boards. Do you still go to any of the river rats games even though they are no longer affiliated with the Devils?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#4 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

Nice another new york devils fan. I am one myself. Last year i went to albany to see the rats play lowell. We lost but over all it was a good game. Leblond had two fights against the same guy.

I love this lol...Ranger fans tell me all the time how there are no Devils fan in New York. Once again this proves that Rangers fans should never talk hahaha. RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

I love this lol...Ranger fans tell me all the time how there are no Devils fan in New York. Once again this proves that Rangers fans should never talk hahaha. RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!

Your sig has the right teams in it ;)

btw welcome, nice to see another ny-devs fan
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#6 ALBDEVSFAN

ALBDEVSFAN

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

I go to the Rats occasionally usually when they play Lowell, Then most of the games they play Philly because they hate each other and the games are very entertaining. Last Philly Rats game I saw at the begining of the season I saw Conboy beat the Tar out of Downie. I really don't know allot of hockey fans a few of my buddies like hockey but they all like teams I hate which include: Boston(wierd im a Sox fan) Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and the Rags. Penguins fan is the most annoying cuz He brags about Cindy then, I have to constantly remind him how Cindy is a Bitch and Ovechkin is better. But Upstate NY atleast were I live isnt a huge hockey area. Rats get No fans, The 2 colleges Union and RPI are allot bigger even though they have been sh!tty.
"I'm not throwing pillows, I'm trying to knock the dude's head off. I'm trying to get it through his head that if he fights me, he's going to get hurt. I don't want guys to like to fight me or look forward to fighting me. I want them to be scared sh!tless in the other locker room before the game even starts" - Scott Parker

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

Greetings, fellow upstater! :koolaid:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#8 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

Welcome aboard! Go Devils!

#9 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hey welcome to the boards! I'm from Jersey but I go to school in upstate NY. Got to represent against all these Sabres and Rangers fans!

#10 ALBDEVSFAN

ALBDEVSFAN

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Specially the Sabers. I think I hate the sabers more than any non-divisional team in the league because I had to buy (actually glad I did) NHL center Ice because they broadcast the Sabers on Msg + when I live closer to Boston and NY than Buffalo. BTW what upstate school you got 2???

Edited by ALBDEVSFAN, 13 January 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#11 germandevilsfan

germandevilsfan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

a big welcome from germany
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

Specially the Sabers. I think I hate the sabers more than any non-divisional team in the league because I had to buy (actually glad I did) NHL center Ice because they broadcast the Sabers on Msg + when I live closer to Boston and NY than Buffalo. BTW what upstate school you got 2???

Syracuse.

Yeah, I hate it, when the Sabres play they take over MSG+ from the Devils. I had to buy Gamecenter on the computer, but it still doesn't broadcast any/most Devils games. I've since resorted to the really low-quality streams from other sites, because I'm not going to buy all of Center Ice. Plus, the Gamecenter feeds can get really bad playback as well. Consequently, I hate the Rangers and Sabres because their games are always on up here.

#13 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

FYI DevilNurn...I haven't encountered any blacked out games on CI on TV.....even the Rangers games are on there.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#14 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

FYI DevilNurn...I haven't encountered any blacked out games on CI on TV.....even the Rangers games are on there.

Yeah, I know Center Ice has them, but Gamecenter runs differently unfortunately. On top of that though, my school doesn't offer Center Ice, just NHL Network. Center Ice is pretty expensive though, and I don't even get that much time to sit in front of the TV. I work in a studio so it's better to have it on the computer. If only Gamecenter ran as many games as Center Ice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users