131 replies to this topic

#101 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

As a Seattle Seahawks fan, I have to admit that I am, and have been, rooting for the Arizona Cardinals since the first wildcard game started. I don't know why. I like Fitzgerald, one of my favorite WR's in the league, and I am sick of hearing the crys of how weak the NFC West is. I think our division is going to be strong next year. San Francisco finished their last 7 games 5-2, Arizona is on a tear in the playoffs right now, and I think if my Seahawks stay healthy and gel with the new coaching staff we could be back to competing. I don't know about St. Louis, they're a mess right now but they still have a good amount of talent on offense. As for the NFCC game, I really think Arizona has a chance playing in front of their home crowd, and with all this momentum... I wouldn't mind seeing them win the Super Bowl even though that would make the Seahawks the only team in the division to have never won a SB... I could deal with it. Come to think of it, anyone other than Pittsburgh can win the SB and I will be content.

Seriously? I mean, you make a decent point, but as a Seahawks fan myself, I'm just praying the Ravens wind up winning it all now. I can't bring myself to root for the Cards, and I'd rather sleep in a pile of AIDS (crasher shoutout) than root for the Eagles in the NFC (Today's game tore me fifty ways from Sunday, there was no way I'd be happy with either team winning).

I'm still not over losing the Super Bowl three years ago and I (probably unfairly) still hold it against the Steelers. It's been awhile since we were in the AFC now so I'm kind of over the Chargers rivalry, so I guess I won't mind if they make it. I won't love it though.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#102 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

Arizona goes 9-7 and gets two home playoff games :rofl:

Boy, now Philly is NY's daddy in two sports :P

Just a matter of which AFC team will win the Superbowl
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#103 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

No he wasnt. He was full of sh!t like always on this forum. He was full of sh!t just like when he said the Mets would regain first place and they never did.... He was full of sh!t, when he said the cowboys had a chance against philly. Philly DESTROYED the cowboys and the cowboys never had a chance... the giants at least were in the game most of the game they just couldnt find the end zone. Giants pretty much blew it by not getting some touchdowns, they need a BIG play WR.

Just got in from the game and it was an ugly one at giants stadium. I saw a few Eagles fans get thrown out as usual becasue 80 percent of them are jerkoffs.

Hey cowboy fans (espacially satansdevils) dont be too happy I can see that smile from here..... at least we have won a playoff game since 1996..... and if you want to count championships, we have 7............. Also, Tony Romo has been in the league for 4 years and NO playoff wins...... LOTS of pressure on the pretty face..... :yea:

Oh and just as a reminder for the rest of you.... Satansdevils is Hellsempire..... He has most of you fooled but not everyone.

like I said, we lost but we didnt get EMBARRESSED like the cowboys did.

Waaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaa :cryriver: :rofl: :hah:

The Eagles stomped your G-men. #1 seed losing at home to a wild card team, unlike last years game with the Cowboys which went to last last play of the game, this years game was over after 3 quarters.

EAT IT !

#104 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

What a depressing loss, but I had a feeling this was coming. The Giants were not the same without Burress. I know that this should have been a smash and run game but there was terrible plays like when Smith deked himself out of the ball in the 4th quarter.

The Giants peaked too early. Ugh, philly winning two championships in one year is too much.

#105 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

fvck.my.life

the eagles suck and we lost to them. what a waste of time the last 4 months have been. heres to hoping their bus crashes so i can piss on all their graves

even I don't take it that far :blink:

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#106 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

McNabb can go to hell. Picking up the phone on the Giants sideline directly after a play ended. I'm ashamed nobody punched him in the mouth.

Go Steelers/Ravens!

#107 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

The Eagles stomped your G-men.

yea ok..... It was a 2 point game most of the game, you call that a "stomping"?

A stomping is when the Eagles DESTROYED THE COWBOYS 44-6!!!

Cowboys CANT win when it counts.... and havent won a playoff game since 1996.

Eagles and McNabb are low class... Donovan showed it when he picked up the phone on the sidelines...
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#108 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

yea ok..... It was a 2 point game most of the game, you call that a "stomping"?

A stomping is when the Eagles DESTROYED THE COWBOYS 44-6!!!

Cowboys CANT win when it counts.... and havent won a playoff game since 1996.

Eagles and McNabb are low class... Donovan showed it when he picked up the phone on the sidelines...

That's fine, but it's better than shooting yourself in the foot :rofl:

Stomping or no stomping ( if it makes you feel better) YOU LOST, end of story.

Now if you want low class, how about refusing to play for the team that drafts you :blink: now that's low class.

Good day for the NFL, now the playoffs are Manningless :dance: :boogie:

#109 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

YOU LOST, end of story.

Yes you are right the Giants lost. Hey cant expect to beat anyone if you cant score a touchdown.

and as for as your Eli comment about him "demanding" a trade after being drafted by San Diego, IM sure it wasnt all him. IM sure it was more his family, the teams involved and other factors that lead to that. In fact if you read Ernie Accorsi's book, it describes what exactly lead to Eli coming to NY...

Posted Image

#110 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

and as for as your Eli comment about him "demanding" a trade after being drafted by San Diego, IM sure it wasnt all him. IM sure it was more his family, the teams involved and other factors that lead to that. In fact if you read Ernie Accorsi's book, it describes what exactly lead to Eli coming to NY...

So wait, you're telling me a grown adult about to join a professional sports league isn't man enough to say shut up I'll go where I'm drafted??

What's his last name... Niedermayer?? :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#111 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

So wait, you're telling me a grown adult about to join a professional sports league isn't man enough to say shut up I'll go where I'm drafted??

What's his last name... Niedermayer?? :P

lol... it probably used to be that way...... but and im sure almost all would agree, sports is a business now a days. it doesnt work that way.

lol

Posted Image

#112 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,328 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Due to work I missed most of the game, but from the bit I saw in the second half before I had to go to another job, the Giants offense just couldn't get anything going, especially in the passing game and it looked like Tuck was struggling to keep playing on defense. I have to give the Eagles a ton of credit, they made plays when they had to and shut down the Giants. They deserved the win.

While today is disappointing I have to take a step back and look at how special this past year has been. The magical playoff run to win one of the best Super Bowls in history over a great team, the great start to this season, the way players played as a team no matter what happened (Strahan retiring, Umenyiora going down before the season, the Plaxico incident). I really thought that they had a good chance to repeat, but nothing is ever a given, especially in the NFL. I'm proud of the way this team has competed and I am excited to see them compete and hopefully contend next year and upcoming years.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#113 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Due to work I missed most of the game, but from the bit I saw in the second half before I had to go to another job, the Giants offense just couldn't get anything going, especially in the passing game and it looked like Tuck was struggling to keep playing on defense. I have to give the Eagles a ton of credit, they made plays when they had to and shut down the Giants. They deserved the win.

While today is disappointing I have to take a step back and look at how special this past year has been. The magical playoff run to win one of the best Super Bowls in history over a great team, the great start to this season, the way players played as a team no matter what happened (Strahan retiring, Umenyiora going down before the season, the Plaxico incident). I really thought that they had a good chance to repeat, but nothing is ever a given, especially in the NFL. I'm proud of the way this team has competed and I am excited to see them compete and hopefully contend next year and upcoming years.

Well said, I have seen three championship wins from the Giants in my lifetime. I can't complain some teams have seen none.

#114 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Never like to overly gloat over a loss but was sooooooooooooooo nice to see the return of Eli today. Eli being Eli awww shawks boy of NY is back. :dance: :dance: :dance: Yes... I'm still bitter :whistling: :koolaid:
Posted Image

#115 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Wow, way to appreciate the last year you had... way to be a good fan instead of a spoiled brat about sports :P

u fvcking kidding me...the giants have disappointed me more then any other of my favorite teams...and im a spoiled little brat...my bad i wanna win. I mean I know im in the minority but come on...

#116 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

u fvcking kidding me...the giants have disappointed me more then any other of my favorite teams...and im a spoiled little brat...my bad i wanna win. I mean I know im in the minority but come on...

Wanting to win is one thing
not realizing how HARD it is (in the NFL too with the level of injury and damage to one's body)
and appreciating it when it happens is another

wanting to stab yourself coming off a championship the year before is simply put flat out disgraceful!!

So yeah... spoiled brat and NO DESSERT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#117 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

not realizing how HARD it is (in the NFL too with the level of injury and damage to one's body)

wanting to stab yourself coming off a championship the year before is simply put flat out disgraceful!!

Oh geez Crash watch it, do ya really want to hear how the cowboys haven't won a playoff game since whenever :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Now the Giants fans know what its like to lose to a clearly inferior team : :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#118 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

Oh geez Crash watch it, do ya really want to hear how the cowboys haven't won a playoff game since whenever :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Now the Giants fans know what its like to lose to a clearly inferior team : :rolleyes:

my biggest regret was the Giants bandwagon had apparently given up on them already and not many fans showed up to the bar for the day..... don't get me wrong it's an ear to ear grin, but I say the same stuff when the same spoiled Devils fans whine about a 2 game losing streak :P

my afternoon was damn near perfect!

#119 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

my biggest regret was the Giants bandwagon had apparently given up on them already and not many fans showed up to the bar for the day..... don't get me wrong it's an ear to ear grin, but I say the same stuff when the same spoiled Devils fans whine about a 2 game losing streak :P

my afternoon was damn near perfect!

haha yea nearly perfect a new theme in my sports life lol
Posted Image

#120 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

whatever you're not making any sense but whatev.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users