40 replies to this topic

#41 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

look, this is nonsense - i mean i know they are leaders, and they 'know how to win', but there is going to be a point in these guys careers when veterans or not they are simply not going to be NHL players, and that seems like it is sooner rather than later.

on paper we have 4 strong lines. on the ice we have bobby holik who looks like his career is about over, and jay pandolfo and john madden who've aged 3 years over the summer. and i don't have too much confidence that these guys simply have a switch to turn on. my problem with holik is that he hasn't been close to the 'force' we were promised in the off-season. he just looks lost these last few games and his line is accomplishing nothing.

Madden and Pandolfo haven't aged much at all. They are both skating the way they have in the past just have had some tough breaks. They aren't playing as much as in past years and that is clearly an adjustment for these guys. In the end they will have more intensity and more energy come playoffs. Holik hasn't been as bad as you make him out to be other then poor penalties. He has been great in the defensive zone and is a force down low. I only expected 30 points this season on the 4th line with Holik. He earns his paycheck in defensive zone faceoffs, cycling down low, and softening up the defensmen.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 12 January 2009 - 07:07 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users