51 replies to this topic

#41 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

Thats ridiculous. What are you BLind? Rupp AND Clarkson, Hit, go to the net and score goals. Rupp also sticks up for players like parise. Rupp also said in the papers NO ONE will push around our stars...... Why would you sit a guy like that?

Instead you want to play pandolfo satansdevils, who has been horrible on the PK, does NOT hit, does not go to the net, only has 4 goals. and 9 points.... We shouldve resigned brylin and not pandolfo... at least brylin wouldve scored more goals..... Pandolfo doesnt play against the top linies anymore. He is useless.... His time has passed in the NHL with the Devils.

I cant believe how blind satansdevils is on here and he cant see this....... Then again, He also said the titans were the best team in the NFL.... He also picked the Panthers to win the NFC championship, and he also said the Mets would regain first place and make the playoffs.... LOL

I do agree that Jay has had a poor 1st half of the season.
Half a season and people here are ready to pronounce his career "DOA", a successful 2cnd half and people will want to make him Captain....
Its the "what have you done for me lately attitude".

If the crux of the issue is "age and game play".
I'm just not ready to dump Jay for a 40 year old forward who is realistically an "intangible" - that I haven't even see play yet.

if for nothing else other than escaping his cap hit of $2.5MM for a true 4th liner, i would deal him for a 4th round pick right now.

i just don't see anyone interested in his contract right now. perhaps a team needing to reach the floor would take him under the guise of "defense and leadership".

As almost every player on this team said at the signing, he brings much more to the room than what's on the ice alone.

I guess no one's allowed a bad half-season unless your last name is: Greene, Zajac, or Elias.

Again, why dump him for something that's an unknown right now?
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#42 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Its gota be Parise

:giggle:

Totally, let's just dump him on waivers.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#43 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

I do agree that Jay has had a poor 1st half of the season.
Half a season and people here are ready to pronounce his career "DOA", a successful 2cnd half and people will want to make him Captain....
Its the "what have you done for me lately attitude".

If the crux of the issue is "age and game play".
I'm just not ready to dump Jay for a 40 year old forward who is realistically an "intangible" - that I haven't even see play yet.

Well at this point... you look at the team and you gotta think.... well who's playing bad and who will the team miss the LEAST if he sits??

Obviously the top 6 are safe and all doing well
Rolston is scoring again now
Madden adds faceoff value and is getting a few assists with Rolston and Clarkson doing the dirty work
Clarkson's gotten better (my Randy McKay 2.0 hopes are growing)

Rupp does his job, and I think the boxing lessons made him not just a better fighter, but a better athlete on ice and it's done wonders for him

Holik does just about what you expect from him and again... good on faceoffs....

that leaves Pandolfo...
not scoring.. a bit slow on defense... kills penalties but so do: Parise, Elias, Langs, Madden, Rolston, Gionta and Zajac... the only thing he brings to the table...so does everyone else

and I don't think Shanny will be an every game player and he's gonna suck when he hits the ice no matter how long he takes to train for it

I still think Shanny and Marty rehabbing in Lowell together would be hilarious :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#44 HockeyPilot18

HockeyPilot18

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

Rupp or Clarkson IMO. TI think both will be taking turns in and out of the line up depending on the team the Devils are playing when Shanahan is inserted into the line up.

I could be wrong of course, but I don't believe either will go. Sutter loves Clarkie, and Rupp is doing a good job this season. And when I say Sutter loves Clarkie I mean in a "you're my son and I know you can play better than you are so I'm going to kick you in the ass until you start producing" kind of way. :D

Rupp is doing the job he was put on the team for. Being big and stopping the players on the other team (just like Holik's role). And in my opinion, he's doing a fine job at it.

Posted Image

"Scott Stevens Was Here"

Posted Image
Official Keeper of the Scott Stevens K.O.
Official Keeper of the Jamie Langenbrunner "umm"

#45 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

rupp or pandolfo

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

My vote sticks with Rupper getting scratched... because as much as he's played well, Lou is pretty damn big on loyalty, and I'm sure after re-signing Jay, he is going to give the guy more of a chance to break out of his slump..

although I will miss screaming "RUPP 'EM UP!!"

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#47 rockcreature66630

rockcreature66630

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

i am very interested in whats going to happen with this devils team. I have a feeling that there going to trade gionta(something i do not want to see). Gionta and somebody maybe for a dman and a forward. Itll be very interesting. We as fans just have to wait back and see
"We hit each other with a couple," he said. "But it felt good-- more the part of hitting him that him hitting me. That felt better. But just being in it. It's been a while. It's not something you get to do when you don't play in the NHL and stay out of jail. Usually, that's frowned upon in society. But it's fun to go against a tough guy just to challenge yourself."

"It was a 3-0 call," Bobby Holik said simply, referring to the score at the time. "I think it was the first time ever for the teams I've played for."

"Not for me," he said. "I always try to play well and I always prepare and practice the same way every day whether it's the off-season, training camp or the 52nd game of the season (which it is tonight). That's one thing that's beyond my control as far as three goalies, four goalies and coaching decisions on who plays and who doesn't.

"I like to think that I'm somebody that takes my job seriously and I do those things at a high level. When I do that and practice well and I put in the time and as much extra, the other stuff is beyond my control. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that I do everything I need to do to help my teammates and to be able to play the way I'm capable of playing when given a chance."

Scoring chances against remain low. Scoring chances for have doubled. It's Sutter hockey, and it's working.

"Sure it's difficult, but you've got to make decisions and Whitey's going to go back in the lineup and someone's going to come out,"

08/09 Games attended
Fri Oct 10, 2008 Islanders Devils 1 - 2 W
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Flyers Devils 6 - 3 L
Sat Oct 25, 2008 Devils Flyers 2 - 3 O
Wed Oct 29, 2008 Maple Leafs Devils 6 - 5 O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 Rangers Devils 5 - 2 L
Fri Nov 21, 2008 Islanders Devils 2 - 5 W
Sat Dec 13, 2008 Sabres Devils 4 - 2 L
Tue Dec 23, 2008 Bruins Devils 2 - 0 L
Sun Jan 4, 2009 Senators Devils 3 - 4 W
Sat Jan 17, 2009 Devils Islanders 3 - 1 W
Wed Jan 21, 2009 Canadiens Devils 2 - 5 W
Mon Feb 9, 2009 Rangers Devils 0 - 3 W
Sat Feb 21, 2009 Devils Islanders 0 - 4 L

#48 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Rupp or Clarkson IMO. TI think both will be taking turns in and out of the line up depending on the team the Devils are playing when Shanahan is inserted into the line up.

what the HELL are you smoking? You honestly think replacing Clarkson with Shanahan would be beneficial to the team!??

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#49 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

It's going to be Rupp. Pando isn't getting benched and neither is Madden or Clarkson.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

what the HELL are you smoking? You honestly think replacing Clarkson with Shanahan would be beneficial to the team!??

It's planet SD... Clemmensen is the next Roy, predictions are about picking the losers, and the rivers are chocolate and the trees are made of gumdrops!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#51 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

I agrre with the majority here, pandolfo will likely see a significant reduction in ice time and be a frequent healthy scratch once the old goat gets his skating legs back.

madden is way to valuable in the face off circle and penalty kill to even contemplate.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‚ÄŹ@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#52 britdevil

britdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:18 AM

Well, if what TG said in the comments section of his blog is correct, then it could be Madden. He said that apparently Sutter wants Rolston and Shanahan on the same line and that Rolston could be moved to centre ice.

Take it with a pinch of salt...

Edited by britdevil, 15 January 2009 - 08:18 AM.

Patrice Cormier on fighting: "I donít mind it at all. Backing up a teammate, Iíll be there any time. If itís a tough guy, it doesnít matter who it is. Iíll be there to defend my teammate. Itís not fighting just to fight, but if a teammate needs my help or the team needs a boost, Iíll be there. Iíll do anything for the team.Ē

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users