Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

linky
Pentagon: 61 ex-Guantanamo inmates return to terrorism

By David Morgan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon said on Tuesday that 61 former detainees from its military prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, appear to have returned to terrorism since their release from custody.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said 18 former detainees are confirmed as "returning to the fight" and 43 are suspected of having done in a report issued late in December by the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Morrell declined to provide details such as the identity of the former detainees, why and where they were released or what actions they have taken since leaving U.S. custody.

"This is acts of terrorism. It could be Iraq, Afghanistan, it could be acts of terrorism around the world," he told reporters.

Morrell said the latest figures, current through December 24, showed an 11 percent recidivism rate, up from 7 percent in a March 2008 report that counted 37 former detainees as suspected or confirmed active militants.

Rights advocates said the lack of details should call the Pentagon's assertions into question.

"Until enough information is provided to allow the press and the public to verify these claims, they need to be viewed with a healthy degree of skepticism," said Jennifer Daskal, a Washington-based lawyer for Human Rights Watch.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#2 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

But I thought these were innocents denied thier freedoms by the evil George W. Bush :noclue:
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#3 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

Ever hear of the expression "better to let 10 guilty men go then convict one innocent man?"

If our primary method of fighting terrorism is to throw 1,000 arabs in a prison so that we can say we have stopped a handful of terrorists then I think you are selling our government short, their are better ways to do it and if we can't find any better ways then we shouldn't be fighting terrorism at all.

#4 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Ever hear of the expression "better to let 10 guilty men go then convict one innocent man?"

If our primary method of fighting terrorism is to throw 1,000 arabs in a prison so that we can say we have stopped a handful of terrorists then I think you are selling our government short, their are better ways to do it and if we can't find any better ways then we shouldn't be fighting terrorism at all.

:rolleyes:

Squishy's so simplistic she's kinda funny.................
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#5 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

:rolleyes:

Squishy's so simplistic she's kinda funny.................

"she"?

http://news.yahoo.co...ntanamo_torture

But this country doesn't torture, right Jimmy? :rolleyes:

Edited by squishyx, 14 January 2009 - 09:38 AM.

#6 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

He earned the thong on his head.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#7 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

But I thought these were innocents denied thier freedoms by the evil George W. Bush :noclue:

Do you, as a law enforcement professional, believe that *ALL* people found "not guilty" should be denied their freedom, or just Muslims?

Nobody said they were innocent. Many said that what was evil was not letting them have their day in court.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#8 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

Do you, as a law enforcement professional, believe that *ALL* people found "not guilty" should be denied their freedom, or just Muslims?

Nobody said they were innocent. Many said that what was evil was not letting them have their day in court.

I do not believe letting people captured on the battlefield fighting Americans having a day in US criminal court.

Do you?

And what does my job have to do with it?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#9 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

They could have been treated in one of two ways-

As POWs, held under the terms of the Geneva Convention

or as criminals, and put on trial.

The Bush administration decided on a third route, denying them treatment as neither POWs or criminals.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#10 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

They could have been treated in one of two ways-

As POWs, held under the terms of the Geneva Convention

or as criminals, and put on trial.

The Bush administration decided on a third route, denying them treatment as neither POWs or criminals.

They wore no uniforms, thus no Geneva......that is PLAINLY spelled out.

And putting terrorists really worked well. It put Ramsey Yusef in prison, yet let all these other murderers keep terrorizing.

So GW did the right thing.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#11 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

Gee detained in sub human conditions by a country you hate already, what would you go back to doing? Open a muffler shop?
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#12 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

And why must I answer all of Don's questions, yet he NEVER answers mine?

Don, do you, as a professional pacifist and apologist, believe that America cannot defend herself proactively?

Gee detained in sub human conditions by a country you hate already, what would you go back to doing? Open a muffler shop?

Sub humans conditions?

Are you just pretending to be ignorant................? You've gotta be with that post.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds, 14 January 2009 - 01:29 PM.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#13 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

This method of fighting terrorism is stupid.

The way we should fight terrorism is to stop believing the bullsh!t about them attacking us because we are free, treat women respectfully (relatively), and whatever nonsense people think, and look at the reason why they attack us.

They attack us because of our support for Israel, bases in Saudi Arabia, and now our war in Iraq.

Their religion is stupid (as are all religions). People who take parts of their religion a little too seriously are completely brainwashed into thinking they must defend the holy land at all costs...and if they do they will be rewarded for all of eternity. Invading them and giving them democracy isn't going to change their religious beliefs. Look at America. Some crazy christian people think the earth is 5000 years old, there was a talking snake, and dinosaurs roamed the earth with humans. It is not possible to make people rational and intelligent.

So get the fvck out of their land, because religion and politics will never match. It's not surrendering, it's being smart. There are billions of Muslims, and us invading them and being on their "holy" land only expands the fundamentalist sect of the religion.

Opening a little camp in Cuba and throwing a few people in there doesn't solve the problem. It is barely a finger in a leak.
Posted Image

#14 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

This method of fighting terrorism is stupid.

The way we should fight terrorism is to stop believing the bullsh!t about them attacking us because we are free, treat women respectfully (relatively), and whatever nonsense people think, and look at the reason why they attack us.

They attack us because of our support for Israel, bases in Saudi Arabia, and now our war in Iraq.

Their religion is stupid (as are all religions). People who take parts of their religion a little too seriously are completely brainwashed into thinking they must defend the holy land at all costs...and if they do they will be rewarded for all of eternity. Invading them and giving them democracy isn't going to change their religious beliefs. Look at America. Some crazy christian people think the earth is 5000 years old, there was a talking snake, and dinosaurs roamed the earth with humans. It is not possible to make people rational and intelligent.

So get the fvck out of their land, because religion and politics will never match. It's not surrendering, it's being smart. There are billions of Muslims, and us invading them and being on their "holy" land only expands the fundamentalist sect of the religion.

Opening a little camp in Cuba and throwing a few people in there doesn't solve the problem. It is barely a finger in a leak................

......................and bend over and take it up the arse as we apologize to the killers and Blame America for all the Arabs woes.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#15 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

......................and bend over and take it up the arse as we apologize to the killers and Blame America for all the Arabs woes.

Your thought and logic is really great. Taking it in the ass, is what you think.

There is no winning or losing. Its a government vs. a religion. You can't win. There is no victory, unless we kill them all. What do you propose...keep fighting a religious sect?

If you have an intelligent response I'd like to hear it....anything at all?

Their holy land is nothing but rocks and dirt. Who cares if they have it. Give it to them. They aren't claiming that they have holy land anywhere else. Give them their sh!tty little piece of desert. If there was no oil under it we wouldn't care.

What holy miracle has happened on any of this land...nothing. They can sit there and wait till the end of time for something to appear in that dump, and nothing will happen.

Edited by oofrostonoo, 14 January 2009 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Then why are they killing Israeli civilians for it?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#17 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Then why are they killing Israeli civilians for it?

Because they are irrational religious people (both of them) Who think that that stupid piece of land they live on will be where god returns. Guess what, nothing is going to happening there. The only realistic thing that could happen is eventual escalation into mass death of all of them through some war there. Self fulfilling prophecy...except instead of being greeted by god they will just die and fvck up the earth and waste lives.

One group (Israel) is full of religious fanatics...but they have money and "civilized" ways of killing people. The other group (Muslims) is full of religious fanatics who have no money or "civilized" ways of killing people. Regardless they both want this land which serves no actual purpose, and are going to go after it at all costs.

The capability of rational thought is out the window when you have the unshakable belief that some being from outer space is going to appear and take your "group" of people who pray to a certain god, a certain way, to paradise (Jews and Muslims) and sentence the other people to an eternity of damnation. These people don't give a sh!t about dieing, they think life is a precursor to heaven. We can't kill them all, and we can't change their religious beliefs.

We think we can change their beliefs by giving them freedom. Freedom doesn't give people rational or intelligent thought. As I said earlier...look at people who are free in America. They believe in sh!t just as crazy as Muslims, Jews, or any other religion for that matter. And believe me if the bible said the holy land was in Toronto Canada, we'd be defending that city at all costs. And if some other religion said their holy land was also in Toronto...sh!t would hit the fan.

Edited by oofrostonoo, 14 January 2009 - 02:49 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

How do you know He doesn't exist?

How are you so enlightened?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#19 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

I for one, am willing to wage war on Canada, they have controlled Toronto for too long, festivus be praised those maple-leaf loving tree huggers are going down!

#20 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

How do you know He doesn't exist?

How are you so enlightened?

I am not denying the existence of a god. I have no clue.

But there are a lot of religions, claiming to hold the truth. And to gamble the existence of millions of people based on stuff that we know was written by man thousands of years ago before they knew anything about anything is ridiculous. If there is a god, he gave us brains, and we should use them.

No one is coming down to that baron desert sh!thole to save 0.25% of the worlds population(Jews) and damn everyone else. And No one is coming down to save 15% of the worlds population (Muslims) and take them on a golden chariot to a virgin fvcking orgy.

How am i so enlightened....

THAT is exactly my point. I am not enlightened...no-one is.

Edited by oofrostonoo, 14 January 2009 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users