#1 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

MONTREAL -- NHL All-Star Weekend just a little bit more hometown flavor.

Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay's top scorer and a native of the Montreal suburb of Laval, was named Thursday to replace an injured Sidney Crosby on the Eastern Conference roster for the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.

St. Louis, who has 46 points, is making his fifth All-Star Game appearance and his third straight. On the Tampa Bay scoring chart, he is two points ahead of Vincent Lecavalier, who was named to the All-Star Game earlier this month. The Lightning also sent rookie Steven Stamkos, the No. 1 pick in the 2008 Entry Draft, to perform in the Youngstars Game presented by Upper Deck.

Crosby withdrew Thursday from the 2009 NHL All-Star Game, which will be played Sunday (6 p.m. ET, Versus, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio, XM Radio) at the Bell Centre, because of injury concerns.

No offense to St. Louis but thats a disgrace:

Martin St. Louis - GP - 47, G - 17, A - 29, P - 46, +/- +11, PPg - 4, SHG - 2, GWG - 1

Patrik Elias - GP - 47, G - 20, A - 34, P - 54, +/- +14, PPG - 6, SHG - 2, GWG - 5

#2 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

Maybe they asked Elias and he said no? Because I can think of several peoplewho should go ahead of St. Louis.

#3 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

How does a sh!tty team like Tampa get 2 guys in? And I remembered Doc saying Elias is going to Mexico for a vacation so if thats the case and he said no then I am fine with it.

#4 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

How does a sh!tty team like Tampa get 2 guys in? And I remembered Doc saying Elias is going to Mexico for a vacation so if thats the case and he said no then I am fine with it.

Mexico? Oh no! Tell him to bring his own water and food!!!
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#5 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

This is a good thing. Elias gets his rest and he doesn't get hurt.

Unless he's going to a club with his favorite pair of stretchy sweatpants on...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#6 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

This is a good thing. Elias gets his rest and he doesn't get hurt.

Unless he's going to a club with his favorite pair of stretchy sweatpants on...

I am happy he isnt going but it is still ridiculous. The guy has done enough in this league to maybe earn a little respect.

#7 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

According to TG, Elias had no interest in going as a replacement.

"When I pointed out to Patrik Elias last week in Columbus that Crosby was ailing, he said he had no interest in going to the all-star game as an injury replacement. He already had plans to go away for the long weekend."
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#8 DevRickus

DevRickus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Good for him. I just hope he doesnt get the sh!ts while in Mexico.

#9 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Great...Cabo all over again :)
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#10 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

Ugh...much as I understand Patty not going I wish the NHL had just given him the nod so he could decline them originally.

And I really hope they offered this to Phil Kessel before St. Louis. Otherwise that'd just be a disgrace.

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Ugh...much as I understand Patty not going I wish the NHL had just given him the nod so he could decline them originally.

And I really hope they offered this to Phil Kessel before St. Louis. Otherwise that'd just be a disgrace.

Kessel still has mono, he isn't going to be back till mid-February probably.

I love Elias but let's be realistic, it's not a snub when the player himself says he has no interest in going as an injury replacement. I'm not even sure being left off the team in the first place was as much a snub as it is an inevitable consequence of trying to fill out a 21-man roster with at least one player from all 15 teams, and having four Habs being voted into the starting lineup.

Edited by Hasan4978, 22 January 2009 - 08:07 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Kessel still has mono, he isn't going to be back till mid-February probably.

I love Elias but let's be realistic, it's not a snub when the player himself says he has no interest in going as an injury replacement. I'm not even sure being left off the team in the first place was as much a snub as it is an inevitable consequence of trying to fill out a 21-man roster with at least one player from all 15 teams, and having four Habs being voted into the starting lineup.

Oh right forgot about that. Still think St. Louis was not the next obvious choice however.

#13 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

The "All-Star" exhibition is a waste of time, this is a blessing.

Rest up for April/May/June Patty
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

Oh right forgot about that. Still think St. Louis was not the next obvious choice however.

I could care less either way, but just to play devils advocate, there's only three EC players who have more points than St. Louis (whose +/- of +11 is like a +25 on a good team) and aren't on the All-Star team already: Elias - who didn't want to go, David Krecji of Boston who's in the YoungStars game anyway, and Nicklas Backstrom of the Caps who withdrew from the YoungStars game himself.

Edited by Hasan4978, 22 January 2009 - 08:25 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

Good job, Patty. Leave the ALL-S game alone.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#16 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

I'm glad Elias is going to rest up for the grind of the rest of the season.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#17 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

elias has way more better things to do with the 4 days off than go to the all star game!
all star game sucks anyways...lol!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#18 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Anyone know when the youngstars game is? Is it before the skills comp. saturday?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#19 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,997 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

I could care less either way, but just to play devils advocate, there's only three EC players who have more points than St. Louis (whose +/- of +11 is like a +25 on a good team) and aren't on the All-Star team already: Elias - who didn't want to go, David Krecji of Boston who's in the YoungStars game anyway, and Nicklas Backstrom of the Caps who withdrew from the YoungStars game himself.

Krejci actually isn't in the YoungStars. This is his 3rd year in the league technically, although he really only played a few games in the 2006-2007 season before suffering a concussion.

Edited by devilsrule33, 22 January 2009 - 11:36 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#20 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

The ASG this year is looking a bit week with the crappy voting and people pulling out.

Good for Patty not letting himself get messed around by the leauge.

Also cant wait to see the new Ref's unis in action :giggle:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users