All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Great, uninating contest time again. :e-drama: :e-drama: :e-drama:
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#382 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Its April Stanley Cup playoffs and NFL draft time. Makes you crazy.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#383 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

Cutler to Bears for Kyle Orton and 2 1st rounders

heard on PTI

#384 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

http://www.cbssports.../story/11583154 Link to a story

God damn...

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#385 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

Well so much for keeping Cutler in Paul Shane's league :doh1: :doh1:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#386 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

So the Broncos have the 12th and 18th pick this year plus Dave Grohl at QB...which means they are starting from scratch on the long term, franchise QB spot...I wouldn't be so happy about this team if I were a Broncos fan....those two picks should net some good players, especially if they trade up (I could see the Cowboys packaging to get the 18th, after all we do have like 13 picks)...not a bad spot overall for Denver but I'm not so sure about the uncertainty at QB....

side note, Orlando Pace signed with the Bears too so Cutler should be a pretty happy guy (combined with growing up a Bears fan)
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#387 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

So the Broncos have the 12th and 18th pick this year plus Dave Grohl at QB...which means they are starting from scratch on the long term, franchise QB spot...I wouldn't be so happy about this team if I were a Broncos fan....those two picks should net some good players, especially if they trade up (I could see the Cowboys packaging to get the 18th, after all we do have like 13 picks)...not a bad spot overall for Denver but I'm not so sure about the uncertainty at QB....

side note, Orlando Pace signed with the Bears too so Cutler should be a pretty happy guy (combined with growing up a Bears fan)

Posted Image

Sorry...any chance for a Foo Fighters mention I can't pass up :D

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#388 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image
resemblance....i think so!!

Edited by UnderDogX, 02 April 2009 - 08:38 PM.

#389 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

What a steal for the Broncos. Cutler is the second coming of Drew Bledsoe. I don't care how strong your arm is if you don't have the brains and experience to read a defense.

Without Shanahan Cutler is nothing. The Bears just got themselves another turnover machine behind center.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#390 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

What a steal for the Broncos. Cutler is the second coming of Drew Bledsoe. I don't care how strong your arm is if you don't have the brains and experience to read a defense.

Without Shanahan Cutler is nothing. The Bears just got themselves another turnover machine behind center.

Don't remind me... my ONE glowing light in my fantasy league last year was Cutler in the 10th Round and being able to keep him for THIS year :rant:

the Bears better get a goddamn receiver!!!

I like Orton too though.... he's a WINNER..... he's done a lot with that crap offense the Bears have... he could be scary next year with a real offense
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#391 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

I have two pet names for Orton

#392 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,403 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

[quote name='PutTheForkDown' post='734911' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:25 AM']I have two pet names for Orton
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#393 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Wow. I would tend to think alcoholism and diabetes are not a good combination. But in any event, I'm just happy the Jets didn't get him. :boogie:

Im a niners fan - and I knew Singletary wasnt having any of that whiny garbage on his squad.

#394 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

[quote name='PutTheForkDown' post='734911' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:25 AM']The Bears are definitely better though
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#395 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

How did the Bears get better?

If the knock on Grossman was he threw too many INT's, they basically just got a more expensive Grossman and lost a few great draft positions.

Im not the biggest Cutler fan - but he is infinitely better than Grossman - and i dont know if you noticed, but the Bears played Orton last year.
Cutler is a top 5 QB in terms of talent.

#396 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

One word Manta....Potential.

Fact is Grossman is Grossman...Cutler was named the best QB coming out of the Draft that featured Vince Young and Matt Leinart and is already proving that theory right...I'm not a big fan either (with a similar skill set as Romo I'd much have the one who can make something happen instead of whining when it doesn't go his way...but that's neither here nor there) but he has a canon of an arm and the brains to get better...with the right coaching and team he could easily be a top 5 QB for a long time....can't even come close to saying that about Grossman...

#397 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

One word Manta....Potential.

Fact is Grossman is Grossman...Cutler was named the best QB coming out of the Draft that featured Vince Young and Matt Leinart and is already proving that theory right...I'm not a big fan either (with a similar skill set as Romo I'd much have the one who can make something happen instead of whining when it doesn't go his way...but that's neither here nor there) but he has a canon of an arm and the brains to get better...with the right coaching and team he could easily be a top 5 QB for a long time....can't even come close to saying that about Grossman...

Grossman also brought his team to a Superbowl.

Wasn't Ryan Leaf also considered the best QB coming out of the draft?

I guess I don't see the potential because Cutler hasn't shown he is a smart QB. Shanahan helped him alot, and without him he is just an expensive Grossman.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#398 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

Grossman also brought his team to a Superbowl.

Wasn't Ryan Leaf also considered the best QB coming out of the draft?

I guess I don't see the potential because Cutler hasn't shown he is a smart QB. Shanahan helped him alot, and without him he is just an expensive Grossman.

no. Grossman did not bring his team to the Superbowl....the Defense carried that team to the Superbowl dragging Grossman along kicking and screaming because he did everything and anything to not win games....while Cutler at least won't hold the team back...I'll rephrase the best QB as I think Leinart might have held that title but without a doubt Cutler was considered the most likely to succeed in the NFL. I don't think without a doubt the Broncos got the better deal if they can put those picks to use but to say Cutler is a younger Grossman is a bit much, Shanahan made him better sure, can he be good without him, maybe not but I'm pretty sure you could ask any GM in the league who they'd rather have Cutler or Grossman and if it wasn't unanimous I would be extremely shocked...

#399 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

I love these comparisons to Cutler and Bledsoe...Bledsoe had a great arm, but nowhere near the mobility that Jay possesses....case in point? Jay was only sacked 11 times in 2008, and considering he threw the ball 616 times...that is an amazing percentage.

Plus Cutler is only 25...most QB's are 25 are not that incredibly polished mentally...he will only get better.

Edited by LOTCB, 03 April 2009 - 01:57 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#400 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

I love these comparisons to Cutler and Bledsoe...Bledsoe had a great arm, but nowhere near the mobility that Jay possesses....case in point? Jay was only sacked 11 times in 2008, and considering he threw the ball 616 times...that is an amazing percentage.

Plus Cutler is only 25...most QB's are 25 are not that incredibly polished mentally...he will only get better.

whoooooooooooooooooops

Edited by PutTheForkDown, 03 April 2009 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users