#41 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

Inferiority complex much.....

3 Stanley Cups, consistently competitive year after year, and this fanbase still whines like babies that didn't get their bottle.....

Yeah, I said it.

You think Sutter's telling these guys: "Sorry boys, we should have won that game if not for the officiating!"

What do you think he's saying today in prep for tommorrow??????

If this team is good enough the officiating can be overcome, good or bad....

:rolleyes:

of course he isn't saying that. but it does seem like we always have to work much harder than the big name teams to get recognition outside the fanbase. we don't have the name that EVERYBODY knows when they think of hockey

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#42 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

You think Sutter's telling these guys: "Sorry boys, we should have won that game if not for the officiating!"

...I don't think he needs to. From the quotes I've read from the team, they already seem to pretty much know the poor calls (or lack-there-of) that have or have not gone their way.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#43 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

:rolleyes:

of course he isn't saying that. but it does seem like we always have to work much harder than the big name teams to get recognition outside the fanbase. we don't have the name that EVERYBODY knows when they think of hockey

lol, er.. Brodeur?

( but i guess he doesn't count since he really cant draw penalties, if thats what are you trying to infer.. )
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#44 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

I was at the Devils vs. Kings game and I have to say that it was the worst called game I have ever seen. It really does seem like the refs are always against us, especially those video guys in Toronto....and at the game there was a little kid behind me who had a great comment on the refs..he screamed "Hey ref check your phone! You missed 10 calls!"...i had never heard this before, and it pretty much summed up the night.

Edited by RockingTheRed81, 08 February 2009 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users