11 replies to this topic

#1 rockcreature66630

rockcreature66630

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Tom Renner compared this years rangers with last years redwings and the 2006-2007 ducks. Lats year Detroit went 1-8-2 during Feb 7th - feb 29th. The Ducks had a stretch between Dec 29th- Jan 19th where they went 2-7-2. To me his theory is not to put hope in his team to play with heart, but to show these details in order to keep his job. Anyone think this years rangers could compete with the 07 ducks or the 08 redwings? Because i sure as hell don't!!!!
"We hit each other with a couple," he said. "But it felt good-- more the part of hitting him that him hitting me. That felt better. But just being in it. It's been a while. It's not something you get to do when you don't play in the NHL and stay out of jail. Usually, that's frowned upon in society. But it's fun to go against a tough guy just to challenge yourself."

"It was a 3-0 call," Bobby Holik said simply, referring to the score at the time. "I think it was the first time ever for the teams I've played for."

"Not for me," he said. "I always try to play well and I always prepare and practice the same way every day whether it's the off-season, training camp or the 52nd game of the season (which it is tonight). That's one thing that's beyond my control as far as three goalies, four goalies and coaching decisions on who plays and who doesn't.

"I like to think that I'm somebody that takes my job seriously and I do those things at a high level. When I do that and practice well and I put in the time and as much extra, the other stuff is beyond my control. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that I do everything I need to do to help my teammates and to be able to play the way I'm capable of playing when given a chance."

Scoring chances against remain low. Scoring chances for have doubled. It's Sutter hockey, and it's working.

"Sure it's difficult, but you've got to make decisions and Whitey's going to go back in the lineup and someone's going to come out,"

08/09 Games attended
Fri Oct 10, 2008 Islanders Devils 1 - 2 W
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Flyers Devils 6 - 3 L
Sat Oct 25, 2008 Devils Flyers 2 - 3 O
Wed Oct 29, 2008 Maple Leafs Devils 6 - 5 O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 Rangers Devils 5 - 2 L
Fri Nov 21, 2008 Islanders Devils 2 - 5 W
Sat Dec 13, 2008 Sabres Devils 4 - 2 L
Tue Dec 23, 2008 Bruins Devils 2 - 0 L
Sun Jan 4, 2009 Senators Devils 3 - 4 W
Sat Jan 17, 2009 Devils Islanders 3 - 1 W
Wed Jan 21, 2009 Canadiens Devils 2 - 5 W
Mon Feb 9, 2009 Rangers Devils 0 - 3 W
Sat Feb 21, 2009 Devils Islanders 0 - 4 L

#2 the cyknus

the cyknus

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

this article

he is just looking for a glimmer of hope.

Edited by the cyknus, 13 February 2009 - 11:30 AM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

Tom Renner compared this years rangers with last years redwings and the 2006-2007 ducks. Lats year Detroit went 1-8-2 during Feb 7th - feb 29th. The Ducks had a stretch between Dec 29th- Jan 19th where they went 2-7-2. To me his theory is not to put hope in his team to play with heart, but to show these details in order to keep his job. Anyone think this years rangers could compete with the 07 ducks or the 08 redwings? Because i sure as hell don't!!!!

The only difference between the those teams and the '09 Rangers is that those teams actually had talent.

Edited by MadDog2020, 13 February 2009 - 11:58 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

In his mind, Michal Rozsival-Redden pair must be as good as the Pronger-Niedermayer tandem and the Lidstrom-Rafalski duo.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

In his mind, Michal Rozsival-Redden pair must be as good as the Pronger-Niedermayer tandem and the Lidstrom-Rafalski duo.

Right. And Gomez-Drury= Datsuyk-Zetterberg. :rolleyes:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#6 the cyknus

the cyknus

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

he has to say something positive to the press. he just cant say "we suck"
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

#7 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

The only differences being those two teams played a good system with players that actually backcheck and defenseman that can actualy play defense oh yeah and the fact that both teams had huge injuries during these time periods Neidermayer for the ducks and Lidstrom for the wings. whats the rags excuse? Gomez and Drury are on cold streaks? Get used to it because thats not a cold streak, thats how they actually play

#8 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

The Rangers defense doesn't suck. It aint all that great, but they have only given up 153 goals. The problem they have is that they can't score. The only teams with fewer goals scored in the Eastern Conference are the Sens and the Isles.

Listening to Steve Summers last night on WFAN, he seemed to think the Rangers W in a SO was something to get excited about. The real surprise on Wednesday was that they scored 4 goals in regulation.

You can look it up.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

The Rangers defense doesn't suck. It aint all that great, but they have only given up 153 goals. The problem they have is that they can't score. The only teams with fewer goals scored in the Eastern Conference are the Sens and the Isles.

Listening to Steve Summers last night on WFAN, he seemed to think the Rangers W in a SO was something to get excited about. The real surprise on Wednesday was that they scored 4 goals in regulation.

You can look it up.

Part of their having a respectable GA is their style of play. A lot of trapping, a lot of trying to minimize the other team's scoring opportunites...at the expense of creating their own. Think last year's Devils...well, if WE can't score, we might as well try to stop the other team, and try to win 2-1 games.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 NJTommo44

NJTommo44

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

If anything, Renney has overachieved with this group. They have talent, but they're not a well constructed team at all. If they let him go, some other team will snap him up fast. Ottawa perhaps?

#11 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

Oh damn, not the "trap". Remember all the chanting about how boring ! Now look at em. Sam Rosen loves it now. :dance:
#12 rockcreature66630

rockcreature66630

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

They are all out of their minds. Did you see what they did yesterday at the deadline. They just gambled all of their assests that actually play the game to win not just laugh their way to the bank. Pruca and dawes were never given the chance
"We hit each other with a couple," he said. "But it felt good-- more the part of hitting him that him hitting me. That felt better. But just being in it. It's been a while. It's not something you get to do when you don't play in the NHL and stay out of jail. Usually, that's frowned upon in society. But it's fun to go against a tough guy just to challenge yourself."

"It was a 3-0 call," Bobby Holik said simply, referring to the score at the time. "I think it was the first time ever for the teams I've played for."

"Not for me," he said. "I always try to play well and I always prepare and practice the same way every day whether it's the off-season, training camp or the 52nd game of the season (which it is tonight). That's one thing that's beyond my control as far as three goalies, four goalies and coaching decisions on who plays and who doesn't.

"I like to think that I'm somebody that takes my job seriously and I do those things at a high level. When I do that and practice well and I put in the time and as much extra, the other stuff is beyond my control. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing that I do everything I need to do to help my teammates and to be able to play the way I'm capable of playing when given a chance."

Scoring chances against remain low. Scoring chances for have doubled. It's Sutter hockey, and it's working.

"Sure it's difficult, but you've got to make decisions and Whitey's going to go back in the lineup and someone's going to come out,"

08/09 Games attended
Fri Oct 10, 2008 Islanders Devils 1 - 2 W
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Flyers Devils 6 - 3 L
Sat Oct 25, 2008 Devils Flyers 2 - 3 O
Wed Oct 29, 2008 Maple Leafs Devils 6 - 5 O
Wed Nov 12, 2008 Rangers Devils 5 - 2 L
Fri Nov 21, 2008 Islanders Devils 2 - 5 W
Sat Dec 13, 2008 Sabres Devils 4 - 2 L
Tue Dec 23, 2008 Bruins Devils 2 - 0 L
Sun Jan 4, 2009 Senators Devils 3 - 4 W
Sat Jan 17, 2009 Devils Islanders 3 - 1 W
Wed Jan 21, 2009 Canadiens Devils 2 - 5 W