Thanks Lurker

#42 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 11:37 PM

[quote name='Zamode' date='Apr 26 2003, 12:33 AM'][quote name='Derek21' date='Apr 26 2003, 12:30 AM']

Enjoy watching your team while you can.[/QUOTE]
Now what do you mean by that?

Time is ticking. Nobody knows what the future holds after this postseason and next year. So, enjoy the present success your team is having.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#43 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 07:57 AM

HOnestly I think if we are playing "Devils" hockey we beat either of those 2 teams. I think the defense has been great and Marty has been great so far. We have gotten the timely goals and have showed our depth. I do think Philly would be an easier draw than Ottawa, although either team would most likely be a 7 gamer.

#44 Germanator

Germanator

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:17 AM

To the Attendance-issue:
Everybody who's seriously concerned about that might just clean up his bad conscience and regard defensive nj-hockey as a good type of hockey- I think that's a typical human psychology problem - many can't get loose of the feeling that only starmentality deserves success. Tell the world you own Forsbergs, Sakics, Hulls, Yzermans or Guerins and nobody will sue you for winning a Stanley Cup. But as far as you're not riding high above all criticism and winning the Cup by one-goal difference, people will point their fingers at you. The Devils are simply not playing popular hockey, its defensive style and some believe they are only one hair above being a goalie-only-team. And as long as the Devils still win they think they have to make you feel sorry for being a Devilsfan. :blink:

- as for the defensive style, I think thats what lifts New Jersey past the Senators. The Sens can only win against offensive teams, because they are defensively well themselves. Name Redden, Chara, Phillips and Lalime that keep their own zone clear. They only collapse at times (see 2st period against Philly) but they get on a ride there easily and keep the back free for offensive going by Hossa and co. But they have not met a defensive team as the Devils yet and they will be lookin sadly if their tactics burns out in a hurry. Hossa won't ever score that goals on Brodeur. He can do on Snow or Chech, but not on Marty. :D
GERMANY - Visit the country of saucages, beer, medieval culture, mad scientists, ubermutanten, werewolves, mobiles and luxury cars.
Here's the page of the city I'm living near to:
Website of Dresden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users