#1 Chico

Chico

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

http://communities.c...d-contract.aspx

Edited by Chico, 24 February 2009 - 01:52 PM.

Go Devils!!!

Chico

#2 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

No Gomez, Roszival, Drury?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#3 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

My first guess is Zubrus. But I was deadly wrong. And I assumed the Rags have 4 prime candidates, but only one makes the list??? This is a joke.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#4 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,519 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

That guy's list was silly as were some of the reasonings.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#5 Chico

Chico

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

It is one guy's opinion...take it with a grain of salt.
Go Devils!!!

Chico

#6 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

Eh...some of these I agree with others don't. I would've guessed Salvador without reading. Rolston's contract doesn't bother me, it's really nice to have him locked up for essentially his career.

#7 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

This guy is stupid. I could think of atleast 5 rags players who should be on here.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#8 the cyknus

the cyknus

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

this list can be nominated for its own 10 worst list
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

kimmo timonen is a bad choice. legitimately bad. ryan parent? who the hell cares about ryan parent, is it the guy's brother-in-law or something? he's a 21 year old who's probably going to be an average-ish stay at home guy.

rolston's a fair choice if only because with that high ankle sprain i think his skating speed is notably down. and with that comes the low ebb - there's the possibility that rolston is only a checking-line-ish forward with a great slapshot who has seasons like 20-20-40 instead of 30-30-60. but with the salary cap in place, you just have got to sign one or two of these deals if you're not detroit, which apparently has some mind-control property that forces players to sign for 75% of their market value (that, or the quickly unraveling michigan economy).

what's interesting about rolston is that if new jersey could convince him to retire in 2 years his contract would all of the sudden be insanely valuable.

Edited by Triumph, 24 February 2009 - 03:17 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,899 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

Rolston is definitely overpaid, IMO, but way too early to put him in the ten worst category. The power play has improved dramatically since he returned from injury, even if he's not on the points list (I know correlation does not equal causation). I think the knock on his age is overblown. Players are in much better shape these days. You got guys like Chelios who're still able to meaningfully contribute at 46!

The real test will be the playoffs.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

everybody that talks about rolston's lack of production this year, from this guy in his blog, to announcers for other teams on center ice etc., none of them ever acknowledge the fact that he missed a big chunk of the season with a high ankle sprain.

he mentions Elias being "down right old" at 32...lol!

Edited by ice dog, 24 February 2009 - 03:42 PM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#12 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

I wouldn't worry about Rolston's point production, I guarantee it will be up next year.
Posted Image

#13 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

10 worst:

Redden, Gomez, Drury and Roszival

Briere and Timonen

Dipietro

Spezza

Richards (take one out of the two)

Penner (combined with the draft picks that gave away)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#14 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

what's interesting about rolston is that if new jersey could convince him to retire in 2 years his contract would all of the sudden be insanely valuable.

Maybe I'm not understanding something here, but Rolston was over 35 when he signed his contract, thus even if he retires his cap number is still on the books. Maybe that could be of value when looking at a team trying to hit the cap floor?
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#15 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,519 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Maybe I'm not understanding something here, but Rolston was over 35 when he signed his contract, thus even if he retires his cap number is still on the books. Maybe that could be of value when looking at a team trying to hit the cap floor?

I think Tri is saying you can then trade the contract value to a team that wants to take on 5 million in cap hit to get the to floor but would love to not actually have to pay a player that same 5 million dollars.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#16 Friends of Friesen

Friends of Friesen

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

the whole basis for rolston was that he is getting older and the production will go down, i mean sure thats true but look at athletes like mats sundin and brett favre, they got old and still produced.....actually nevermind
Posted Image of the "Hey...YOU SUCK!" chant

Posted Image
the sweet smell of satisfaction

"It's important to have those guys shooting on him instead of guys that have been out of the game for a while." Sutter said. "He doesn't think we shoot the puck well. I don't know. I had seven pucks lined up and I scored four times on him. So, when he's ready to play, he's got to stop all seven. It's what I keep telling these guys, it's not how hard you shoot it, it's about placement."
--- Brent Sutter commenting on Marty's rehab practices

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users