12 replies to this topic

#1 koolkoreankid23

koolkoreankid23

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

He's a UFA at the end of the season. He's definitely one of my favorite players and I'd absolutely hate to see him go just as much as I hated seeing Sykora, MacLean, Guerin, Sullivan, Gomez, Rafalski, Nidermayer, etc go. Should we bring him back? In all honesty, I'd rather bring him back than Mad Dog. Madden is getting old, and you can tell by watching him this year that he's not the same player.

#2 the cyknus

the cyknus

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

whoa.. your talikn' off season stuff. i know its important to bring it up at trade deadline to avoid a Gomez, Rafalski, Nidermayer siduation. but i dont think gio has any intention to bolt. if we choose to resign him when the time comes i assume he will resign.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

#3 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

He's replaceable. At 4M, the Devils can get a better winger such as Franzen, Cole, Zednik or Kotalik during the off-season.

Edited by Devil Fan, 27 February 2009 - 02:13 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#4 koolkoreankid23

koolkoreankid23

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

He's replaceable. At 4M, the Devils can get a better winger such as Franzen, Cole, Zednik or Kotalik during the off-season.

I'm all for letting Bergfors, Halishuk, Vrana, Swift and so on show their stuff.

#5 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

I'm all for letting Bergfors, Halishuk, Vrana, Swift and so on show their stuff.

I think they would have a chance provided the Devils fail to re-sign UFAs Madden (Pelley would take over), Shanahan, Rupp and Holik. But adding some experiences and depth to the team should benefit.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#6 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

Paycut or buh bye
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#7 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

KEEP HIM! and i agree i dont think he wants out.
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Paycut or buh bye

Yeah no way he gets 4 mil again.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#9 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

The biggest questions are Oduya and Zajac. Oduya (UFA) and Zajac (RFA) are both due sizable raises. Depending on how much money vs. how much Kool-Aid Lou dishes out, we'll see how much is left over for the likes of Madden and Gionta. One of the two is probably as good as gone. Earlier in the season I would have said that was easily Madden, but since Pando was first scratched Madden has really raised his game. Based on what little we saw of him this season, Bergfors looked like he could bring a lot of what Gio brings to the game, and I'm all for giving him a shot.

Whatever happens ... In Lou We Trust! :koolaid:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Madden is getting old, and you can tell by watching him this year that he's not the same player.

Sadly he is. I was watching old 2001-2003 games the other night... and wow, I remember why we all love Madden :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#11 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

Oduya and Zajac are borderline untouchable. Dog's my favorite player, and I still have more faith in Gio than Bergfors, but it's gonna be tough to keep both of them, and they both (especially Gio) better expect a paycut if they're gonna stay. That said, I think Madden is tougher to replace than Gio, because he brings so much to the table in terms of intangibles. He may be slowing down, but he's still a leader who does a lot of little things right. I give him a 1 year deal, not much cash. If he someone else offers him too much and he bolts, more power to him, but he's worth at least a shot.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#12 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

Dog's my favorite player too. I think he's got a bit more back than he had at the beginning of the season, but it looks like diminishing returns from here on out.

#13 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

poor madden i love that guy but hes getting old :(

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users