#1 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

New here....Go Devils !!! :dance:

I was an electrician and helped build the Rock. It was an awesome job to work on and im proud i could help in a little way to get the devils winning !!!

Cool site here....im glad i found it.

Edited by LivingThread, 09 March 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#2 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

Welcome!!!

You got dwarfed by cupcakes and an epic intro thread the day before... but that ain't your fault!!!

So have you attended any games in the finished product???
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#3 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

I was an electrician and helped build the Rock.

how come the lights went out during a game a few weeks ago?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#4 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

I went to games since its been built. They actually gave all the workers free innaugural game tix, 2nd game/halloween game, etc. I left shortly after that but atleast i got to see the very first one :-)

A friend of mines wife just got us luxury box seat thru her company for the Feb 9 09 game. That was pretty friggan cool. I mean, i was in them almost everyday working but to hang out and watch the game was awesome.

As for why the lights went out.....its cause we rigged it so when the lights go out you can slug a Ranger fan then when he says "What happen" you can dunno...."Dunno, musta been the real life New Jersey Devil that gotcha."

#5 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

how come the lights went out during a game a few weeks ago?

That was funny, and it was still brighter than MSG at ice level.

#6 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

I went to games since its been built. They actually gave all the workers free innaugural game tix, 2nd game/halloween game, etc. I left shortly after that but atleast i got to see the very first one :-)

A friend of mines wife just got us luxury box seat thru her company for the Feb 9 09 game. That was pretty friggan cool. I mean, i was in them almost everyday working but to hang out and watch the game was awesome.

As for why the lights went out.....its cause we rigged it so when the lights go out you can slug a Ranger fan then when he says "What happen" you can dunno...."Dunno, musta been the real life New Jersey Devil that gotcha."

Welcome..and good attitude.... :evil:
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#7 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Welcome!!!

You got dwarfed by cupcakes and an epic intro thread the day before... but that ain't your fault!!!

So have you attended any games in the finished product???

OH STOP IT. Don't blame it on me. Geez.

And welcome LivingThread. :)

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#8 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Welcome, bro.

How many electricians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Er...

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#9 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

OH STOP IT. Don't blame it on me. Geez.

I didn't... you were just the catalyst... I take full responsibility for all the NJDevs issues I cause.... sh!t I'm usually proud of them :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#10 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

I didn't... you were just the catalyst... I take full responsibility for all the NJDevs issues I cause.... sh!t I'm usually proud of them :P

Woah, big word there Crash, big word.

'and welcome! (not Crasher's use of big vocabulary :P)

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#11 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

Woah, big word there Crash, big word.

'and welcome! (not Crasher's use of big vocabulary :P)

Well I gotta keep it simple for you idiots out there B )

#12 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

I was an electrician and helped build the Rock. It was an awesome job to work on and im proud i could help in a little way to get the devils winning !!!

Wow that's awesome! Welcome aboard. Were you a Devils fan before you worked on the building or did that cause you to become a fan?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#13 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

Wow that's awesome! Welcome aboard. Were you a Devils fan before you worked on the building or did that cause you to become a fan?

I was a fan long before. I guess i was a "kinda" fan growing up, but it didnt get important til i was in high school(around 1990 i suppose).

Then once i heard the company i was working for won the bid for the Rock i requested to get put there. I have a bunch of video of the prgress over time while i was there but they are on my cell and i dont know how to get them off. I was there in the dead of summer when it was 100+ degrees and humid as can be. That building was just a stagnant box of hot muggy air. however, i wouldnt change it for a diffeerent job no matter what the temp was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users