88 replies to this topic

#41 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

yeah... <_< for SOMEbody's wallet here...just a lousy hit to everyone else..

OOPS! Posted Image
Sorry -- I did it again Posted Image -- I was just kidding .. seriously --- sorry dude

Posted Image

so is that whats got your panties in a bunch?

A little jealous you didnt come up with the idea so youre going to knock it whenever you can? Its now pretty clear why youre still in here hatin....yorue jealous you didnt come up with the idea and now cause you cant come up with a name for it you dont want anyone else to do so either.

Maybe if you werent so busy bashing other peoples ideas and started to think of your OWN ideas you wouldnt be in my thread "calling me out" on bullshyt.

#42 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

If you could get a small demographic of season-ticket holders to catch on... say 100... I'm sure the idea would sky-rocket. Because, then, not only do all of the other season ticket holders want to wave them wildly; but you have kids seeing a sea of red towels thinking "I want them", parents thinking $5 is reasonable for a smile on their kids faces, etc. It's really one of those hit or miss ideas, but if it does hit, it's gonna be a homerun.

quoted to spin this thread back in the direction it *should* be...

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#43 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

I'm for any ideas or suggestions to generate fan unity or interest or anything of the sort. The more unique the better. However, I'd still like to kill the Devils PR person who suggested those god forsaken thundersticks!

Having said that, you've obviously put some thought into this and that's great. I commend you for doing this in a non-profit way as most people today want to be paid for their time and efforts.

However, the "rally towel" idea is kind of played out. For years, dating back to the early 1990's the Devils handed out towels/hankies at playoff games to wave. So, that idea has been done before multiple times. I had many of nights i had someone smack me in the head with them or in my face, usually kids and some uncordinated adults and i am hoping that was all for that concept.

My personal favorite was the Winnipeg Jets "white out" playoff tradition.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#44 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

I like the towel idea unknown poster - especially the red and orange idea -- so the place looks like it's on fire like someone said.

that said... i like thundersticks too

Edited by Pepperkorn, 24 March 2009 - 05:59 PM.

I'm here for the party

#45 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

I like the towel idea unknown poster - especially the red and orange idea -- so the place looks like it's on fire like someone said.

that said... i like thundersticks too

Pepper, i still have about 20 unopened packages of them from the 2003 Playoffs. They're yours if you want them! lol :boogie:

Yeah, the red/orange idea would look different but i'm wondering if it's just taking too much from an old idea that's been done enough times especially since if it doens't work, he can stand (or someone) to lose an amount of $ and time.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#46 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

i have some older towels and few a hanging on the wall in my shop. those kind of towels nvr represented anything cause they have nothing underground or true fan about them. The only thing they are were give aways like if you sign up for a credit card you get a free t-shirt (that pimp Wachovia or whatever)

a pair of thunder stix sits in my drawer nvr opened.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reason this all came about is cause i have a lot of friends who are die hard Steelers fans. The passion for the Terrible Towel is insane. I saw on NFL Network a highlight of TJ WhosYourMomma polishing his cleats with a TT and the players and the fans were furious over it. There are very few things in all of major league sports as cherished as the TT. I would like to have SOMETHING for the Devils.

Im a Green Bay Packers fan when it comes to the NFL. Have been since i was a kid. What comes to your mind when you think of one thing a Packers fan should own when it comes to "must have" fan stuff? If you said a Cheesehead hat youre correct. Every real fan has one.

Since there isnt something out there, i have the ability to get one out there. Yeah i guess i can make up one for me and my friends and one of us can come up with a saying, but Im thinking bigger picture. Since the Devils wont do something like this and no fans have stepped up to the plate I will give it a shot. If it flounders and i end up losing money, so be it. Atleast Ill have a story to tell in 20 years.

The reason i thought "why not a towel" is because i am not in the foam hat making business. I screen print things. Granted i can screen print a hat or a sign, but what good does that do Devils fans? Im in the apparel/fashion industry and if you think i could come up with a hat everyone would want to wear believe me i would have already. Thats more difficult then making a towel.

Posted Image

this isnt the first attempt by someone not name Myron Cope to make a towel.

Like i said, the idea of the red,orange, yellow towels has to be the give away style by the devils. Getting the entire stadium to have the proper color towel in the proper section for more then one game is almost impossible.

unknown poster, you say its played out....and true it might be to some. Tradition has to start somewhere. If you were a Steelers fan, would you still think the rally towel is played out or would you accept it as a part of being a Steelers fan and get your own Terrible Towel?

Need some more ideas and then maybe the mods can post a poll in this thread for a vote? If not ill just create a new one.

Edited by LivingThread, 24 March 2009 - 07:08 PM.

#47 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

I like the idea of handing out shirts to everyone who attends the game. Trying to get people to "Rock their Red" is nice, but there are plenty of people who go straight from work to the game or just show up wearing normal clothes and don't have a desire to shell out $30 for a red shirt. Give out a shirt, people will wear it. Especially when they see how cool it looks when the whole crowd is wearing the same color. I hate the Flyers, but that whole orange thing they do with the crowd looks pretty damn cool.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#48 xyz2008

xyz2008

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

i replied but you can put ideas here for more feedback

what are the dimensions you have in mind? and one color? multi?

how about the shroud of destiny or destiny shroud?
with a picture of the "jersey devil" - i think that would be awesome! bringing back the origin
i have the perfect image and idea in my head.. i can send you a layout if you like?
i have some time that i can contribute to design, even if you dont choose my idea

i was curious if you would print these phrases on the towel, or is this what you would call them and put something else on them?
that is what i was thinking, call them any name we are throwing out there and put an image on it.. which i also have ideas for.

other names i thought of:
red death
leeds rag (kind of gross if defined - lol)
raging rag
rally rag
red rag
blood rag
flag of fire

ideas i liked from previous post
The Torched Towel (my favorite one)
The Forsaken Flag (2nd favorite)
The Rockin' Rag (play on words using arena name)
The Brutal Banner
The Fire n' Ice Flag
The Inferno Flag

let me know your thoughts, working on images now

#49 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

other names i thought of:
red death
leeds rag (kind of gross if defined - lol)
raging rag
rally rag
red rag
blood rag
flag of fire

These are all slang names for tampons, no?

#50 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

"Brick City Beat Down Towels "
"Devil Du Rag"

you got to rep Newark.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#51 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

xyz - I really would stay away from calling anything a Rag. The Rags would just love that. Now the Rangers could make the Rag Rag, put that would just look like a tampon anyway.
Torch Towel is ok, but I like the newness of Brimstone Banner.
I really dig having THE Jersey Devil image on the flag that would be bad ass, but might be a killer when it comes to the kiddies getting them.

and LivingThread - the multi color thing would be on ONE towel. ya know? That tackles the logistics problem of getting certain sections with certain colors. :thumbsup:

...How bout the ricky hatton fight song. It was so funny but annoying at the same time. It must of been lot of fun to be apart of it. Just Use Jersey Devil or Marty in some way for the song. And every one knows the song it has the potential to catch on i think.

Oh yeah, like "Walkin in ... "Brodeurs" or "The Devils" or "Marty's" ... wonderland!" Yeah, that could catch on. And would be AWESOME! That would take the PR guy or a massive private coordination of fans to get that going!

OMG! I LOVE Hells Handkerchief!

I like that multi-color idea too so it looks all firey

HEY! :angry: You all DUPED me into giving my opinion! Stop it! :rant:

:joker:
I think the handkerchief is weak. It a snot rag for goodness sake!
AND THUNDERSTICKS SUCK!!!

... So if you said call it the Peppercorn Pooprag I should ask for your contact information?

So i guess, Im calling you out....its what i do. But rather then do it on a message board Ill do it in person. You have my contact information so give me a call.

If what you do is call people out, and now im calling you out, you wont have a problem with a metting now would you?

Ill be waiting for a call.

1. The Pepperkorn Pooprag! :rofl: While that would NOT be appropriate for the games, I wouldn't mind seeing a prototype of what you have in mind there?! :ph34r:
2. LivingThread just totally snuck in a date asking on pk! He gave his digits and everything! :blush:

now where's my rolling pin -- I have to go beat on masked for his kitchen remark... Posted Image

It's in the K I T C H E N! knucklehead! Now go make me a damn samich! :devil:
Here, you'll need this Posted Image

Like i said, the idea of the red,orange, yellow towels has to be the give away style by the devils. Getting the entire stadium to have the proper color towel in the proper section for more then one game is almost impossible.

See above comment on the multi coloredness of the towels. :koolaid:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#52 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

a multicolor towel is fine with me, but it will cost you more because it costs me more to produce.

#53 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

a multicolor towel is fine with me, but it will cost you more because it costs me more to produce.

Very true, but it would look a lot nicer.. You also wouldn't want fans just buying one color towel if you sell 3 varieties (yellow, orange, and red).. I feel like people would shy away from orange and yellow because of the Flyers and Penguins.. You definitely don't want to rush this to market, but my feeling is that fans are starting to get more and more excited about the Devils since they are doing well and anyone who knows marketing can tell you that people are more willing to spend money when they are in a positive mood state.. If you wait until next season and (g-d forbid) they have a poor start people may be less willing to buy the towel, just a thought..

Now I know that every so often the Devils fans get a wave going.. Would be pretty sweet if instead of waving their arms fans would wave their towels when the wave got to them.. :idea:

I'd like to point out that people are loving my ideas "The Torched Towel" and "The Forsaken Flag" as well as some of my other good ones.. :whistling:

You know I liked the clappers :rimshot:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#54 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

1)satan's shroud
2)Newark necktie
And have a graphic of THE jersey devil (not the mascot)
he would be hanging a generic opposing hockey player with the rag

#55 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

Satan scarfs.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#56 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

what does THE REAl nj devil look like? is there a standard look?

#57 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

what does THE REAl nj devil look like? is there a standard look?

I don't think the nj devil is real lol, but google shows this...

Posted Image

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#58 TackleDummy

TackleDummy

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

I don't think the nj devil is real lol, but google shows this...

Posted Image

Oh God that's terrible. It looks like a mule with wings. You can't put that or anything close to it on the Brimstone Banner.

#59 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

I dunno...

Chaos 'kerchief?

Put two yellow buttons on there and call it Mickey Mouse's diaper?

The Dirty Jersey?
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#60 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

The Jersey Devil is basically a winged horse that stands on it's hind quarters, it would be easy to make up an outline of it for the screen. Also, the colors of the generic hockey player could also be changed according to the team the Devils were playing for the playoff series at the time. Orange/Black, Red/White, ect. that would also increase sales. Another suggestion would be "The Devil's Necktie"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users