#81 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

The rag of fire?

He wanted to avoid using the word "rag", just because... it's kinda weird. And it can get them dumb nicknams from rangers fans like "ooh keep waving your jerk rags", etc etc.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#82 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

I saw that the devils handed out some "Jersey's Team" themed rally towels at game 1. Is that going to hinder interest in a fan produced rally towel if they figure they will be getting a free towel at the gate?

I have one of those towels from game one....with the Star Ledger and Red Cross advertising on it.....yeah ....great. Its crap. Its going to go with the rest of my free towels that hav no meaning. They arent something i would make sure i bring with me to every game.

I dont know how to make a poll. Do i need to make a new thread for the poll?

I wanted to avoid flag and rag because it ryhmes with homosexual slang. Rag of Fire = "Fhag on Fire"

#83 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:39 AM

I have one of those towels from game one....with the Star Ledger and Red Cross advertising on it.....yeah ....great. Its crap. Its going to go with the rest of my free towels that hav no meaning. They arent something i would make sure i bring with me to every game.

I dont know how to make a poll. Do i need to make a new thread for the poll?

I wanted to avoid flag and rag because it ryhmes with homosexual slang. Rag of Fire = "Fhag on Fire"

Well I mean I don't necessarily care if fans of other teams change our towel name to something demeaning because no matter what we do they will talk sh!t anyway (already do).. All they have to do is say, "(Insert flag name here) sucks" or "(Insert flag name here) is gay".. Anything we do will get hateful comment from fans of other teams.. I say BRING IT

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#84 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Fire Flag
Brimestone Banner
The Torched Towel
The Forsaken Flag
The Rockin' Rag
The Horns n' Tail Towel
The Brutal Banner
The Red n' Black Rag
The Attack Towel
The Fire n' Ice Flag
The Inferno Flag
Rags Suck Rag
The Rally Rag
Towel of Terror
raging rag
flag of fire
Fire Starter
Rag of fire

Hopefully a summer of hanging out thinking about the Hurricanes jogged your brains into a creative mode. This is the names out of the original posts that "could" be printed. Some werent included that used satan/devil(s) cause it just wont work. If one guy came up with 90% of the ideas, it seems to me you guys arent the most creative bunch lol ....j/k.

But seriously. Is this the best we can come up with? If any of these are popping out at you like a signal ill take it to the next level. If you have any new ideas, post away.

I can have these done in time for the 16th if need be.

#85 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

I really like Torched Towel and Fire Starter. A lot. Brutal Banner is pretty good too.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#86 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

fire starter

#87 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

I still like Newark Necktie with the graphic of the hockey player being hung with it.

#88 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:00 AM

I really like Torched Towel and Fire Starter. A lot. Brutal Banner is pretty good too.

Agreed :whistling:

They were my ideas ;)

I still like Newark Necktie with the graphic of the hockey player being hung with it.

parents will love that

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#89 TackleDummy

TackleDummy

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

I'm a fan of alliteration for this one. It helps with name retention and recognition. Anything with "rag" or "flag" will just be too easily mocked in a derogatory fashion.

Brimstone Banner
Torched Towel
Brutal Banner

Now, going against what I just said, how about a red towel with big black devil horns on it? Then you could just throw up "The Horns".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users