• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Germanator

Germanator

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:23 PM

`Mogilny for lady bing? Are you kidding me? Just because he's such a softy (as all leafs are ;) ) you shouldn't forget he *peeep*ed the wife of Shayne Corson reportedly...thats definitely not gentlemanlike and should be considered a reason against him.

I still think if Brodeur doesn't fall into any deep mistakes for the rest of the playoffs, he'll be the winner of the Vezina.
BTW: I think Turco deserves that nomination, for it would have been hard to explain why to ignore such stats...some of the best in recent years - and it doesn't matter if the team in front of you is so strong. If that was a decisive point, goalies on strong teams would never get a Vezina and Roy would have never got one either. 50 games is enough to prove quality goaltending and he really amazed at times, so give that Turco guy a chance. Belfour deserves to win, but Turco is a decent nomination. I'd rather argue about Belfour.... :blink: he's surprised everybody, that's true and he supported the Leafs reaching the playoffs, but nonetheless there were others truly to be named differencemakers on their teams, such as Lalime, even Giguere, Roloson/Fernandez....
Lalime is not nominated because of his funny goaliemask...nobody respects such a goaliemask, I tell you ;) :D
GERMANY - Visit the country of saucages, beer, medieval culture, mad scientists, ubermutanten, werewolves, mobiles and luxury cars.
Here's the page of the city I'm living near to:
Website of Dresden

#22 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:40 PM

Germ, that may be a rumor but there is no way to prove it (right now). Lidstrom? :blink: Modano could get the girly-girl award instead.

Hope no Dallas fans are after me for that one!
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#23 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:02 PM

Marty has the Vezina in his bag. Belfour doesn't have better numbers than Marty except for Sv% I believe and played less games.

Turco shouldn't even be CONSIDERED with only 55 games played, that's saying to the world that Lalime sucks and he doesn't.

I have a feeling Marty will not win the Hart however just cause he plays for the New Jersey Devils and Forsberg plays for the Colorado Avalanche.

Madden should get that Selke but I doubt he will get that as well cause the NHL loves to screw good players over.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#24 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:27 AM

Brodeur should win the Hart and the Vezina.
Madden should win the Selke.

#25 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 02:43 PM

[quote name='NJayDevil' date='Apr 30 2003, 06:02 PM']Marty has the Vezina in his bag. Belfour doesn't have better numbers than Marty except for Sv% I believe and played less games.

Turco shouldn't even be CONSIDERED with only 55 games played, that's saying to the world that Lalime sucks and he doesn't.

I have a feeling Marty will not win the Hart however just cause he plays for the New Jersey Devils and Forsberg plays for the Colorado Avalanche.

Madden should get that Selke but I doubt he will get that as well cause the NHL loves to screw good players over.

Putting down other candidates as if they aren't worthy. Belfour had to stand on his head routinely for his team to win. Brodeur was more valuable to his team's chances every night. I'd give Marty the Hart and Belfour the Vezina.

As for Madden and Lehtinen, that's a toss-up. Is Lehtinen not good?

It's not like the other candidates are chopped liver NJay. Be fair.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#26 teresa25

teresa25

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 06:56 PM

The last time a Dallas Stars was nominated for the Selke John Madden was the winner, let's hope history repeats itself.

It's looking like MikeyMo will have plenty of time to choose his tux for the awards ceremony not to mention getting his hair done etc......Mikey and Lady Byng, to funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users