• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:32 PM

The old Devils show up and take over the game. And can I saw WOW Stevens !! What a captain!

#42 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:35 PM

Icetime for Stevens: 27:35

What a workhorse and what a captain for sure!
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#43 SpeakoftheDevil(s)

SpeakoftheDevil(s)

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:39 PM

Lets make note of how well Neids played tonight. Skated unbelievably well, and created some chances. Im not looking to start a debate over who is the best Devil, but Neids gets my vote. The guy is simply amazing.
"Weakness is provacative, it often intices people to do what they oridnarily wouldn't"

Posted Image

Steinbrenner quickly responded to the RedSox Owner, (who was complaining about the Yankees signing of ARod), saying: "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction." In regards to

#44 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:39 PM

Stevens +3
1 Goal

27:35 ice time

whoa.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#45 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:40 PM

That's alot of ice time. He came through and had some bad plays but overall he was good, lots of hustle in the third even though nothing else got past Khabi. Some good hits by Dirk, I mean Friesen even. Not the strongest game but they came through, Elias and Gomex came back big when needed.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#46 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:41 PM

Well I've never liked him too much, but Tommy Abalin has been solid. Good move by Burns to scratch Oleg and put him in. The defense all around was very good.

#47 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:41 PM

Third period was total Devil domination, they must have had 6 or 7 two on ones.

Great to see Elias and Gomez fianlly put one in. Gomer was also the best player on the ice tonight.

Just when I thought Gionta plays his worst period ever (1st) he comes out and plays the best I've seen him all season in the second and third periods...another thing that was great to see. Overall, the majority of the Devils forwards were really moving tonight, the best they have all series in my opinion.

Am I crazy for thinking maybe Tommy has earned the 6th spot at least for now?

Hopefully they can wrap it up on Friday and get a nice long rest again, as the other series looks like it's going seven.

Oh yea, almost forgot, Stevens is an absolute warrior. Words don't do justice for what this guy brings to the team.

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:45 PM

:rolleyes: As if it's some sorta surprise he's wonderful?

HAHAHA! My husband just said "What is he holding his ear on?" as Stevens was keeping his earpeice in for the ESPN post-game! :lol:
:unsure:
ok, well it was funny and not at all insensative at the time :evil:

I'm here for the party

#49 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:47 PM

I can't stay up to watch the 1:30...I'm not that ill am I? THAT compulsive?

I'm here for the party

#50 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:48 PM

LOL PK that is funny. coulda been worse. Like Tyson Holyfield worse..

#51 JHofSec234

JHofSec234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:48 PM

That was a good game all around.

Now on to Friday night.....WOO HOO!!

(NOTE TO NHL MARKETING STAFF: Scott Stevens = Blood, Guts & Glory!!)

#52 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:51 PM

Should be interesting to see the crow eating Brooks and (N)Đ„verson tomorrow about this Devils game..

#53 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:54 PM

Winning is what it's about in playoff hockey and the Devils won tonight.

It could be over Friday night if TB doesn't show up to play. Devils are shutting them down with trap.
NJ Devils are the CHAMPIONS & Nets Be Proud..Thanks to both NJ Teams for 2002/2003

"Bring Them On" sure George, your arrogant "my way or the highway" policies and remarks pissed the Iragi off more... 32 unnecessary US military deaths so far since G. W.'s remarks and dozens are wounded. It continues daily. Thanks Goerge. There are now 10-25 attacks against US soldiers daily.

Smart mouth, arrogant Bush, his kids are safe.

The BUCK never stops at BUSH if it's bad, he finds someone to take the blame for him, ie: Tenet's mea cupa.

Impeach G. W., the Iraq war was built on his lies...... lies........lies.

Do Not Re-Elect a Son of a Bush. Impeach him instead.

#54 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:00 PM

The Devils do need to be a bit tighter defensively, but I was very happy with their "spring on ya when you F-up" offense tonight. Classic Devils. Marty looked a little shaky at times, but that goal wasn't his fault. I expect a stellar performance from him on Friday as well as a vice-grip defense.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#55 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:02 PM

I had to peek. I'm glad our team won. Sounds like it will be a fun game to watch! Now onto the nightcap. GO DUCKS!
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#56 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:56 PM

I had to peek. I'm glad our team won. Sounds like it will be a fun game to watch! Now onto the nightcap. GO DUCKS!

Actually at times it was tough to watch. But I did! B)
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#57 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:26 PM

Okay, I haven't read the game thread, so I'll probably just repeat everyone else.

Stevens is an incredible leader. He didn't show any pain, and played a fairly solid game considering.. made a few bad reads, but he played 27 minutes and was stellar.. scoring a great goal. If anyone was questioning why they pay this guy 8 million a year, you got your question answered tonight.

Brian Gionta had an excellent game. He was all over the ice tonight making plays.

Elias-Gomez-Marshall. Great game for them. Generated a lot of scoring chances.

Nieuwendyk and Friesen were also more visible on the forecheck. Brylin, too, and Rheaume. The Devils played a much better game in Game 4 than they did in Game 2.

The Devils have the Lightning figured out. They generated all kinds of odd man rushes because the Lightning were incapable of exploiting their extra manpower down low, or in the slot, or anywhere. The Devils would just move the puck up ice and get scoring chances. The game could've easily been 5 or 6-1.

Albelin played okay, but Tverdovsky has to get back in the lineup.

Brodeur made the stops when he had to.

The Devils clamped down in the third and played their game.

Madden and Langenbrunner were hardly visible, but that's a good thing. I think Gomez and Elias are finally heating up.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#58 gobolt7

gobolt7

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:31 PM

I just hope Tampa can pull the upset on Friday so that there home fans (me included) can thank them for the ride that no one could have imagined would happen on Sunday. IMO, if a couple of bounces go our way, this series is tied up, but in all honesty, the Devils are the better more experianced team. Hopefully the rise of the Tampa Bay Lightning has just begun!!!

#59 ARENA2005

ARENA2005

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:32 PM

Third period was total Devil domination, they must have had 6 or 7 two on ones.

Great to see Elias and Gomez fianlly put one in. Gomer was also the best player on the ice tonight.

Just when I thought Gionta plays his worst period ever (1st) he comes out and plays the best I've seen him all season in the second and third periods...another thing that was great to see. Overall, the majority of the Devils forwards were really moving tonight, the best they have all series in my opinion.

Am I crazy for thinking maybe Tommy has earned the 6th spot at least for now?

Hopefully they can wrap it up on Friday and get a nice long rest again, as the other series looks like it's going seven.

Oh yea, almost forgot, Stevens is an absolute warrior. Words don't do justice for what this guy brings to the team.

"Oh yea, almost forgot, Stevens is an absolute warrior. Words don't do justice for what this guy brings to the team."

I said "sit him". I guess I don't understand just what kind of player, person and leader he is. I know he's the best "C" in the NHL, but tonight I just saw folklore.

Scary, just want to see that goal over, and over again. Unreal.

Have a great Thursday and let's put it away Friday!
I love my wife.

"I havn't seen potential win on paper yet." LOU

"Another Marty Party!" Mike Emrick

"I told the guys the mind is boss, the body is only an employee." Burns

#60 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:49 PM

-was dissappointed with the laziness in defensive zone coverage in the first two periods. simply put, they were lazy and weak with the attempts at clearing the puck, and many times they didn't get it out. tampa spent alot of unnecessary minutes in the devils end.

-gomez had probably his best game of the playoffs.

-good decision to bench tverdovsky after his poor play in game 3. albelin played solidly, and tverdovsky has shown he can respond positively to benchings.

-the devils still have not played up to their abilities. they've gone 7-2 with their top two lines playing inconsistently. clearly, though, if they end up going to the conference finals, any inconsistency will have to be cleared up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users