69 replies to this topic

#61 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,051 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:58 PM

Yeah definitely bry, that puck was jumping around and if Tampa weren't so panicky they would've had some great scoring chances.

I measure the Devils' lines by the scoring chances they generate, not by the goals. The Devils have gotten the goals all playoffs, they've had what, one 2-1 victory and the rest have been 3 goals or more? Very remarkable. If lines generate scoring chances, one will go in from somewhere. While the Devils have not had the committee scoring that say, Anaheim has, I expect we're going to get it soon.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#62 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:23 PM

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this was a good all-around game by the Devils. Yeah, they started kind of slow, and were sloppy at first, but once they got the 2nd goal (Yay, Elias!) I didn't really think the outcome was in doubt.

I thought the top 2 forward lines all had really good games tonight. Every one of them was skating hard, fighting for the puck, making good plays, and getting good scoring chances. Gionta looked very good with Nieuwy & Friesen, and that line was jumping all night. Nice goal off the faceoff, eh? Gomez & Elias just seem to get a lot of scoring chances with Marshall on their wing, whatever the reason. The Maddenbrunner line was quiet offensively, but did their usual job defensively.

And Scott Stevens - what can you say? He made all the difference in how this team played. Way to go, Captain!!!

Very good win! Close it out Friday, and they'll be halfway to the prize!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#63 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:25 PM

May 2nd, a day important for 2 reasons. El chico's b-day and when the Devils eliminate the Bolts! (hopefully, I'm sure about the first one, lol)
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#64 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:42 PM

And I'm sure about the second one B)
Beowulf Sucks
(Reports of my slaying have been greatly exaggerated)

Keeper of the penalty shot Master Viktor Kozlov and Randy McKay's Playoff moustache
http://images.google...UK_USA_flag.gif

#65 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:47 PM

And X-Men comes out, lol
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#66 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:03 AM

X-Men 2 you mean? I thought that starts today? sorry OT
Beowulf Sucks

Keeper of the penalty shot Master Viktor Kozlov and Randy McKay's Playoff moustache

#67 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:13 AM

Yes, X-Men Two, 2, II, dos. And it comes out tommorow

Posted ImagePosted Image

#68 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:21 AM

Just went and checked and It comes out here in england today as in the 1st of May. Hang on is it still yesterday over there? or maybe it opens a day earlier over here.
Beowulf Sucks

#69 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:24 AM

All the commercials say 5/02 but the tickets have been selling for a while now

Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:48 AM

Wow. then it does come out here first. It's not very often that that happens. Not that it matters to me, I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD.
Beowulf Sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users