23 replies to this topic

#1 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

Been a devils fan since about 2000 but it was really only a passing intrest, last couple of years really started becoming a bigger fan, so i joined up to try and learn more about the team B )

#2 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Oooh...how convenient...a Melbourne Devils fan....bwahahaha....

Um, yeah Hi!.....welcome to the forum.

You joined at the PERFECT time...I am moving to Melbourne in May....I am going to be picking your brains :evil:

Edited by ThreeStars, 23 March 2009 - 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#3 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

you better look out for the drop bears when you get here :ph34r:

#4 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

Drop bears....? :huh:

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#5 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

they are like big koalas that drop out of trees and attack people

#6 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Mmmmmkay.....I'll keep and eye out for them :mellow: :dizzy:

Posted Image

#7 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

and the snakes,spiders,lizards,sharks and jelly fish :)

but i'm sure you'll be fine ;)

Edited by Dave30, 23 March 2009 - 06:47 PM.

#8 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Laalaalaalaa..... can't hear you...laalaalaaalaa.

:mellow:

Edited by ThreeStars, 23 March 2009 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#9 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

So um....how'd you get into hockey......and the Devils......why choose them?

Edited by ThreeStars, 23 March 2009 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Welcome to the boards

Oooh...how convenient...a Melbourne Devils fan....bwahahaha....

Um, yeah Hi!.....welcome to the forum.

You joined at the PERFECT time...I am moving to Melbourne in May....I am going to be picking your brains :evil:

I'll need your addy so I can come visit.....I want me a real Bloooomin Onion

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#11 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

So um....how'd you get into hockey......and the Devils......why choose them?

play field hockey as a goalie, liked watching marty play so that lead to watching devils game when ever i could and it jut eventually turned into supporting the team

#12 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

Aaaah, so you probably wouldn't be able to give me any info on playing ice hockey in Melbourne then.....oh well.

Posted Image

#13 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

a little bit but not a whole lot. The melbourne ice is the team that plays in the national competition. There is only 1 or 2 ice rinks in melbourne

#14 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

Ya I have been doing some research....have you any idea how the rinks at the docklands are coming along? I can't believe that Australia wants to host the Winter Olympics....seems an utterly crazy idea.

I know there are a number of amateur teams that play out of the Oakleigh rink, as well as the pro team....just need to find out whether they have rec level teams. My bf and I want to bring our hockey equipment with us, but not so much if we aren't going to get to use it. Definitely bringing our skates though!

Posted Image

#15 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

pretty sure docklands rink is still a couple of years off, can't wait till it opens, defenetly gonna have a try out with a team just too see what it's like to play.

what part of melbourne are you moving to?

#16 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Well my bf has a job at Monash....Clayton campus, so probably somewhere near there. But we haven't really started looking for a place yet.

Posted Image

#17 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

cool cool, well hope you find a team to play for, i'm sure you'll find the level pretty low

#18 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

You wouldn't happen to know if they sell ice hockey stuff anywhere in Melbourne would you? Or somewhere you can get skates sharpened......

Posted Image

#19 Dave30

Dave30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

don't know if they would sell things but i'm sure oakleigh rink would sharpen skates

#20 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

Sheffield Wednesday ???????

:giggle:

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users