You

PutTheForkDown

Great post bro! I chalk up the ridiculous comments and things of the like to two things: lack of hockey knowledge, and youth. We have a lot of young fans on here that just haven't watched enough hockey over the years to really get a feel for how this goes year in and year out... we also have some people who turn up only when the team is losing to complain... those people are to just be ignored. A lot of these younger fans are spoiled beyond belief because they were not around for the years when the Devils sucked. Talk to anyone who was around for the Christmas tree jersey era, youngsters- it was not often pretty. Those years made you appreciate winning a lot more.

I believe in this team this year. I started to really believe this team could be special after the San Jose win, and I'm not gonna stop believing now. The TOTAL body of work this year speaks for itself... forget the last 6 games. Slumps happen. Let's get back on the horse Friday night and get what will hopefully be a confidence-restoring win. 5 games to go and then the playoffs start. LET'S RIDE BABY!!!!!

Edited by MadDog2020

It's like this all the time. Why does anyone get surprised anymore. It's just as frustrating to open this thread and read these types of complaints about other posters as it can be to read the ones with people complaining about the team. If you don't like the content don't read it. No one is shoving anything down anyone throat. And don't spin that as me complaining about your thread, you can post these all you wan't I am just saying is try to understand thats just how people vent.

This "with us or against us" mentality is just unnecessary dramatics, hell half the posts after a losing streak are basically threads like these, people complaining about other people rather then the team, it's really a matter of where you are channeling your aggression. But the truth is the hundred or so people on this board showing solidarity in a forum is not going to make the devils win or lose, these types of posts will never make people stop complaining.

I don't know... personally I love the insanity... makes it easier to laugh at the crappy times.... not to mention the mass idiocy that follows July 1 and the trading deadline... it's GREAT, albeit brainless, reading!

Well said there MD2020. many need to go back and see Devils games between 1982-1987 and see what losing was all about in the Christmas tree jersey era. It was not pretty and at times was more frustrating than anything being at the games wondering if the Devils have a shot of winning that particullar game on that particullar night. Devils losing through those years makes this teams current 6-game losing streak a bump in the road. Maybe the younger generation need to go back and watch some of those old Devils games and seasons to appreciate this Devils team and the success of this Devils team for the last 16 or 17 years of winning and making the playoffs just about every season (minus 1996 and strike season of 2005).

I agree with you MD2020 about it just being a slump and still believe this team has something special this season. That San Jose game was one of the best games of the season. This Devils team has worked too hard to get where they are right now, when no one expected them to get this far after Brodeur went down with his injury. The Devils proved a lot of people and fans wrong this season and this 6-game losing streak happens to almost every team during their seasons. Unfortunately it happens in late March for the Devils the last two seasons. The thing is teams recover and get through it and still believe the Devils will too.

Devils will have the fans and crowd infront of them on Friday night for a pre-game ceremony for Brodeur's #552. That alone should fire this Devils team up to play and win the game over a Tampa Bay team that is out of the playoffs. Devils need to look at one game at a time in these last 5-games of the regular season and get back to the style of play that got them here for the most part of the season.

Edited by SatansDevils

I don't know... personally I love the insanity... makes it easier to laugh at the crappy times.... not to mention the mass idiocy that follows July 1 and the trading deadline... it's GREAT, albeit brainless, reading!

I agree with you. I think GDT rants need to be taken with a grain of salt; it's instananeous gratification if you will. Now, the next day after sleeping on it, that's a different story. I mean I still think it was a ridiculous performance but hey tomorrow's another day and I don't think everything's gone down the toilet yet.

Remember it's always darkest before the dawn :)

:koolaid:

It's frustrating, but nothing I don't expect from the board. I don't think I could've possibly expected the Devils to win the game last night, and now they just need to focus on the next few games before the playoffs. We can absolutely win a few of these games and get back in shape. And fool our first round opponent into thinking they don't need to prepare. All part of the plan ;).

No, but seriously, this team can and will bounce back. LETS GO DEVILS!

I have been a Devils ticket holder for over 20 years of my 28 years on this planet. The Devils have had much worse situations that this before. Nobody should be badmouthing the team. Stick with them, there is still time left and we qualified for the playoffs which is a brand new season. Anything can happen. We have a lot of experience on this team and when it counts I am sure they will compete better than they have been. I was laid off a few months ago and the Devils have really been helping me get through this tough time in my life. I will never stop cheering for them because this time NOW is when they need their fans the most!!!

Great post bro! I chalk up the ridiculous comments and things of the like to two things: lack of hockey knowledge, and youth. We have a lot of young fans on here that just haven't watched enough hockey over the years to really get a feel for how this goes year in and year out... we also have some people who turn up only when the team is losing to complain... those people are to just be ignored. A lot of these younger fans are spoiled beyond belief because they were not around for the years when the Devils sucked. Talk to anyone who was around for the Christmas tree jersey era, youngsters- it was not often pretty. Those years made you appreciate winning a lot more.

I believe in this team this year. I started to really believe this team could be special after the San Jose win, and I'm not gonna stop believing now. The TOTAL body of work this year speaks for itself... forget the last 6 games. Slumps happen. Let's get back on the horse Friday night and get what will hopefully be a confidence-restoring win. 5 games to go and then the playoffs start. LET'S RIDE BABY!!!!!

MD I agree with alot of what you say alot of the time, but in this case I dont necassarily. Some may be youth and lack of hockey knowledge when it comes to some of the craziness. But lets be honest here, it is easy to see the Devils have not been right for almost 2 weeks. This is more than a slump. When a team goes into a slump in most cases it results in hard work still good effort just not getting it done, like baseball player when he slumps more often than not it isnt for lack of effort but just he isnt hitting the ball and just missing it etc etc. This team is in more than a slump, they arent trying. What I witnessed last night and against the Rags, and even Philly was a lack of heart and effort. They didnt even compete last night. Watching Shanny skate slowly up the ice and Malkin not even hitting him just taking the puck off his stick, watching Mottau throwing the puck through the middle turning it over, watching even Langs and Parise not work hard in the corners for the puck told me this team has quit for some reason, maybe it is 1 person or maybe some sides have been taken in the room, but the locker room has quit on basically 1 person Marty, for whatever reason and maybe it will come out but they are not slumping theyh are NOT COMPETING AT ALL!!!

Good points dude, when people are complaining on here, it does seem like immature kids lacking hockey knowledge whining for the most part.

You are the type of fan we need

Your with us or you're not. But it's ok to criticize the team? You sound confused.

You need to read more carefully.

I'm with them, I always am. If I wasn't as fanatic as I am, I guess I wouldn't get so disturbed when they lose & play poorly. That said, this is a message board, and I expect all kinds of posts & replies.

On the bright side, we've lost 6 in a row & are still 21 games over .500 & 6 points in first. It may not mean much, during a losing streak, but hopefully the players get their confidence back by looking at how this team was successful for much of the season.

So Souray, what planet were you on before earth? :rolleyes:

MD I agree with alot of what you say alot of the time, but in this case I dont necassarily. Some may be youth and lack of hockey knowledge when it comes to some of the craziness. But lets be honest here, it is easy to see the Devils have not been right for almost 2 weeks. This is more than a slump. When a team goes into a slump in most cases it results in hard work still good effort just not getting it done, like baseball player when he slumps more often than not it isnt for lack of effort but just he isnt hitting the ball and just missing it etc etc. This team is in more than a slump, they arent trying. What I witnessed last night and against the Rags, and even Philly was a lack of heart and effort. They didnt even compete last night. Watching Shanny skate slowly up the ice and Malkin not even hitting him just taking the puck off his stick, watching Mottau throwing the puck through the middle turning it over, watching even Langs and Parise not work hard in the corners for the puck told me this team has quit for some reason, maybe it is 1 person or maybe some sides have been taken in the room, but the locker room has quit on basically 1 person Marty, for whatever reason and maybe it will come out but they are not slumping theyh are NOT COMPETING AT ALL!!!

Because they lack confidence bro. Their confidence is NILL right now and has been for two weeks. When you lose confidence, things that were once enjoyable now become tedious (like battling in the corners for example) because you don't believe in yourself enough to actually be successful. Not to mention I think they are a little gun-shy because every time they touch someone on the opposing team, they are seemingly getting called for a penalty. I think that is their biggest issue right now. They are all questioning themselves, and when you question yourself you become fragile. When you are fragile, you play tentative, which speaks for the recent lack of aggression on both sides of the puck. When nothing you do works, you begin to play scared. They need a positive bounce or two, and a win. And then I think their confidence will rise again and you'll begin to see the swagger back in their game.

I'm with them, I always am. If I wasn't as fanatic as I am, I guess I wouldn't get so disturbed when they lose & play poorly. That said, this is a message board, and I expect all kinds of posts & replies.

On the bright side, we've lost 6 in a row & are still 21 games over .500 & 6 points in first. It may not mean much, during a losing streak, but hopefully the players get their confidence back by looking at how this team was successful for much of the season.

So Souray, what planet were you on before earth? :rolleyes:

No I am not singling anyone at, just venting bro. We are all fans and I love the passion on here!

One of the reasons I still have faith is because even though the Devils been losing quite a few games recently, I never go into a game thinking that they're going to lose. I always believe they have a chance. A legitimate chance. I remember the games where they played their asses off and threw their hearts out onto the ice. The feeling I got after those games takes the 'wow, this really sucks' feeling I have right now out behind the woodshed and kicks its ass.

The insanity is part of the charm. I wasn't around for the Christmas Tree Years, and hockey entered my vocabulary around the same time as Marty was called up, so for as long as I can remember, NJD has been a succesful franchise with moments and seasons other teams would die for. But that being said, winning is about staying in the present, and right now the team is not playing well and it's at the second worst time of year to do it (the worst obviously being in the actual post-season).

That being said, they're far from doomed and have the skill to turn this into the season plenty of us were dreaming of a month or so ago. But then again, being doomed ain't so bad...they're the Devils!

Abandoning ship I ain't, that would never cross my mind, but I'm somewhat doubting the ship's ability to lead us to port.

Because they lack confidence bro. Their confidence is NILL right now and has been for two weeks. When you lose confidence, things that were once enjoyable now become tedious (like battling in the corners for example) because you don't believe in yourself enough to actually be successful. Not to mention I think they are a little gun-shy because every time they touch someone on the opposing team, they are seemingly getting called for a penalty. I think that is their biggest issue right now. They are all questioning themselves, and when you question yourself you become fragile. When you are fragile, you play tentative, which speaks for the recent lack of aggression on both sides of the puck. When nothing you do works, you begin to play scared. They need a positive bounce or two, and a win. And then I think their confidence will rise again and you'll begin to see the swagger back in their game.

Well all I can say is I hope you are right that it is just lack of confidence, I posted yesterday that looking at the "other contenders" they seemed to be struggling just a bit as well. But that being said the Devils have 5 games to right the ship, because in my humble opinion they arent just going to turn it on in the playoffs...

Well all I can say is I hope you are right that it is just lack of confidence, I posted yesterday that looking at the "other contenders" they seemed to be struggling just a bit as well. But that being said the Devils have 5 games to right the ship, because in my humble opinion they arent just going to turn it on in the playoffs...

I agree that the switch can't be turned on at will. Sutter and a couple of the players said it too- it doesn't happen overnight. The bottom line is this team needs to start feeling good about itself again and once they do, things will start to turn around. A fast start on Friday night is critical.

Edited by MadDog2020