71 replies to this topic

#61 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

Well, because changing your starting goalie has a massively larger impact on a team than letting your assistant coach, who draws up the plays anyway, be head coach for a game.

Thats why, my little girl.

Gee I never knew my dad was such an assh0le

So which is it -- is this a statement or is it rest.... please let us know ...

You're about as sharp as a bowling ball.

dude - give it a rest -- 90 posts and youre already insulting people...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#62 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Gee I never knew my dad was such an assh0le

So which is it -- is this a statement or is it rest.... please let us know ...

Well when someone says something idiotic, Im going to point that out.

Why dont you explain to everyone how having an assistant coach be hc for a game is more significant than starting a different goalie.

#63 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

Well when someone says something idiotic, Im going to point that out.

Why dont you explain to everyone how having an assistant coach be hc for a game is more significant than starting a different goalie.

Are you self appointed judge on this board? with less then 100 posts you have beat out a lot of people --
Having the head coach step down would make a big impact - especially to the players psyche .. having a back up goalie start a game is common place and hardly guarantees anything (see game after 552 for further proof)
You know what they say about opinions... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#64 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

he has more than that.... remember TrentonDevils? The douchebag that got booted? He's baaaaaaaack..

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#65 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

he has more than that.... remember TrentonDevils? The douchebag that got booted? He's baaaaaaaack..

Ahh.. --
Jeebus - this has been a strange 2 weeks on the site..
Posted Image

#66 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

Are you self appointed judge on this board? with less then 100 posts you have beat out a lot of people --
Having the head coach step down would make a big impact - especially to the players psyche .. having a back up goalie start a game is common place and hardly guarantees anything (see game after 552 for further proof)
You know what they say about opinions... :rolleyes:

That you like it in yours? ooohhh! (andrew dice clay voice)

#67 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

When we've seen for 15 years now "I'm fine... I can play every game"... and he FINALLY sits a 2-game split when he SHOULD... something seems weird about it.... just the irony in a night that was planned to be ABOUT HIM and now he's sitting...it's easy to crank up the conspiracy thoughts

Contrary to popular belief, Marty does not play 100% of the time...maybe 98.5%. He did sit in Carolina a couple weeks ago when he 'should' have too. This weekend is the last chance to get him any rest before the playoffs.

He's playing five out of ten nights and gets honored on one of the others, I'd say that's more than enough to satisfy him :P

Edited by Hasan4978, 03 April 2009 - 03:04 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#68 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Contrary to popular belief, Marty does not play 100% of the time...maybe 98.5%. He did sit in Carolina a couple weeks ago when he 'should' have too. This weekend is the last chance to get him any rest before the playoffs.

He's playing five out of ten nights and gets honored on one of the others, I'd say that's more than enough to satisfy him :P

This is the first time Ive read your Burns' siggy ... wow
Posted Image

#69 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

*runs various admin checks*

Holy sh!t, you're right. Good call. :thumbsup:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#70 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

I know why/what hes doing but I dont agree... Marty is not the reason why this team is struggling and I concurr, these are grown men and professional athletes with egos and funks. I see his inability to motivate this team thru this stretch concerning and he would lose me as a supporter in the locker room if I saw him doing that to one of my team mates- imo

Marty is *part* of it though,and if you're going to send a message - keeping in mind that being nice didn't work, reading the riot act didn't work - you have to send one that's going to be noticed. Sitting Rupp, or Rolston, isn't going to be noticed given the other attempts didn't work.

So we sit the goalie on a night he's honored and play musical lockers and see if people can wake the fvck up. Is it more than a little a case of throwing sh!t at the wall and seeing if it sticks? Yeah, I think so.

But doing nothing isn't going to fix things; there's not enough time for that. So, we'll see. I'm not convinced it's going to work either, but I'm willing to give Sutter props for raising the game a bit.

Had we not already seen him try other things first, I'd think this a bit extreme. However at this point...notsomuch.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#71 koolkoreankid23

koolkoreankid23

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

I'm gonna trust coach sutter because he is the only one who's around the guys, and knows what's going on.

#72 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

This is why.

http://www.cbssports...ry/11583229/rss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users