11 replies to this topic

#1 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

This is an insane recount of when the Butthole Surfers played City Gardens in Trenton.

http://therumpus.net...-comes-to-this/

[i]Mickey Ween: A security guard came onstage and Gibby threw the alcohol on him. The dude just started backing away, it was clear that Gibby probably would set him on fire. And now, knowing Gibby like I do, it was definitely within the realm of possibility.

Mark Pesetsky: And Gibby just gave me that psycho look with the Charles Manson eyes. He grabs a bottle of the rubbing alcohol and throws it on me and then starts walking towards me with a lighter. And John, the other bouncer, just jumps offstage. It was every man for himself at that point.

Gibby Haynes: Oh yeah, I do remember that. I mean, I

#2 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

That sounds about right for the Surfers, one of the reunion shows at Webster Hall last summer got a little rowdy.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#3 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

That sounds about right for the Surfers, one of the reunion shows at Webster Hall last summer got a little rowdy.

Yeah, too bad I was like 5 years old for that show, sounds like my cup of tea.

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, too bad I was like 5 years old for that show, sounds like my cup of tea.

So if you were 5 last summer, that probably means you're a six-year-old now... that explains everything.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#5 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

So if you were 5 last summer, that probably means you're a six-year-old now... that explains everything.

'you must be six years old'

THATS COMEDY GOLD RIGHT THERE.

Wheeeew!!

When are you gonna be at stress factory, dude?

#6 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

Wheeeew!!

Well you did set yourself up for that :whistling:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#7 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,223 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

Wheeeew!!

He said the show was last summer, you said "I wish I went, but I was only 5 years old". He's right, it does explain everything.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#8 swampdevil

swampdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

I saw lots of shows at c gardens including a mind blowing double bill of black flag opening for venom. The one time I saw the surfers I thought they were awful...for truly brain altering depravity,flipper were a lot more fun. I did see a guys head catch on fire though,at a Nashville pxxxy gig at the court tavern in new Brunswick.

Edited by swampdevil, 06 April 2009 - 09:33 PM.

NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#9 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

In Rollins book, he makes fun of Venom so bad, it's hilarious.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
Aw, man.

#10 swampdevil

swampdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hey bro! Have you ever seen black flag live? I was lucky enough to see them close to 20 times in the ny / nj area in the early 80 s. Truly one of the greatest live bands ever. Yes, I was at the legendary show with the misfits Xmas day 1981 in Passaic nj.
NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#11 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:39 AM

I saw them in 84' with the Minutemen and again in 85 right before they broke up. The second show being memorable because Kira busted 3 strings at once and calmly changed them out on the edge of the stage while the band did this really strange jam with Rollins doing his stream of consciousness thing.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
Aw, man.

#12 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

city gardens is still open???
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users