#2921 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

It would cost way too much.

prospects the mets just don't have unless they could rob the brewers like they did the twins for santana
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#2922 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

prospects the mets just don't have unless they could rob the brewers like they did the twins for santana

The Mets have prospects to swing a deal, but it would cost too many of them, and the Brewers probably want a major leaguer included like Mike Pelfrey.

That's just too much to give up.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#2923 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:50 AM

The Mets have prospects to swing a deal, but it would cost too many of them, and the Brewers probably want a major leaguer included like Mike Pelfrey.

That's just too much to give up.

Mets can't get rid of Pelfrey.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#2924 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Nice article by Adam Rubin on the Mets' top pitching prospect Jenrry Mejia, who is making his AFL (Arizona Fall League) debut today. The game will have pitch F/X too, which is just flat out awesome.

Manager Jerry Manuel traveled Tuesday from his home in Sacramento, Calif., to gauge whether Mejia may be able to help the Mets in the bullpen in early 2010, as well as to evaluate first-base prospect Ike Davis. GM Omar Minaya is also in attendance. Mejia projects as a No.1 or No.2 starter in the majors eventually.

Mejia combined to go 4-6 with a 3.14 ERA in 19 starts in the minors this season, while posting a 2.49-to-1 ground ball-to-fly ball ratio. That's the result of the heavy sinking and cutting movement on Mejia's fastball, which ranges from 91-96 mph.

"You throw a ball at 94miles per hour that's just cutting, I mean, guys are hitting, and they're asking me if it's a slider," Josh Thole, who caught Mejia in Double-A this season, recently said. "I said, 'It's 94 miles per hour, guys. I don't think that's a slider.'"

http://www.nydailyne...nrry_mejia.html

Oh, btw, Ike Davis went 4-for-6 with a grand slam, 2 doubles, and 6 RBI in his AFL debut yesterday. In terms of the competitiveness, the AFL is mostly AA/AAA talent with some high-A players mixed in.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#2925 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

Nice article by Adam Rubin on the Mets' top pitching prospect Jenrry Mejia, who is making his AFL (Arizona Fall League) debut today. The game will have pitch F/X too, which is just flat out awesome.

http://www.nydailyne...nrry_mejia.html

Oh, btw, Ike Davis went 4-for-6 with a grand slam, 2 doubles, and 6 RBI in his AFL debut yesterday. In terms of the competitiveness, the AFL is mostly AA/AAA talent with some high-A players mixed in.

I gotta admit nmig, everytime I see a new post by you I'm hoping for something big. I know whatever moves Omar Moronya makes probably aren't coming for a whole though.

Keep it up with the updates though...good info.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2926 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

I gotta admit nmig, everytime I see a new post by you I'm hoping for something big. I know whatever moves Omar Moronya makes probably aren't coming for a whole though.

Keep it up with the updates though...good info.

Minaya needs to do what he did back in 05 which was get players like Beltran and Delgado.
Langenbrunner is #1
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#2927 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

Minaya needs to do what he did back in 05 which was get players like Beltran and Delgado.

Unfortunately, that's all Omar knows how to do: go after the obvious free agents, and cash in on other team's salary dumps. He's also been very lucky at times...Santana fell into his lap...the Yankees or Red Sox could have had him easily. This offseason is going to call for the one skill that Omar has shown almost none of since coming here: CREATIVITY.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2928 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

Mejia finished after 39 pitches, he battled poor control (3 walks in 1+ IP), but I wouldn't worry much about that since he hasn't pitched in awhile. The good news is that he was hitting 98 mph consistently with his fastball. Don't forget, the kid just turned 20 years old a few days ago...
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#2929 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

Unfortunately, that's all Omar knows how to do: go after the obvious free agents, and cash in on other team's salary dumps. He's also been very lucky at times...Santana fell into his lap...the Yankees or Red Sox could have had him easily. This offseason is going to call for the one skill that Omar has shown almost none of since coming here: CREATIVITY.

I just hope he makes the right decisions.
Langenbrunner is #1

#2930 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

haha gammons says that Jeff Wilpon is really the GM and Omar's just out there to take all the "heat." I know Gammons is borderline senile at this point, but I don't think he'd just throw this out there without something behind it.

si.com link
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#2931 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

haha gammons says that Jeff Wilpon is really the GM and Omar's just out there to take all the "heat." I know Gammons is borderline senile at this point, but I don't think he'd just throw this out there without something behind it.

si.com link

:giggle:
Langenbrunner is #1

#2932 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

si.com link

Nothing would surprise me about the Mets. I think Jeffy is a BIG part of the problem there though. There's one reason and one reason only he holds the position of COO with the Mets, and it's his last name. Unfortunately it's not like his daddy is any baseball genius either..."Hey! I've got an idea! Let's build a shroud to the Brooklyn Dodg...I mean, a new stadium for our Dodger Blue-wearing Mets!" Jeffy's quite blessed that the right polywog met up with the right egg. Until an actual BASEBALL GUY is running the show, and not some fortunate son, the only way the Mets are winning anything soon is by complete accident.

#30 FOREVER!

#2933 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

Not really big news, but, the Mets released Ken Takahashi.

http://twitter.com/N...atus/5021612669
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#2934 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

woopsies wrong thread lol

Edited by RSC, 20 October 2009 - 08:29 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#2935 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

Some 40-man house cleaning moves:

http://www.metsblog....eyes-and-muniz/

The Mets outrighted C Robinson Cancel, SS Wilson Valdez, SS Argenis Reyes and RHP Carlos Muniz to Triple-A yesterday, meaning they have been removed from the 40-man.

Also some news regarding IFA Aroldis Chapman:

http://www.nydailyne...ban-defect.html

The Mets are expected to have face-to-face dialogue with 21-year-old lefthander Aroldis Chapman and agent Edwin Mejia today. Chapman, who defected from Cuba and established residency in Andorra to avoid the draft, arrived in New York this week. He reportedly throws 100 mph.

I don't think the Mets are going to be serious bidders for him, probably only to a certain price. Hes expected to get $50-60M which, IMO, is way too much. I think hes pretty over-hyped in all honesty. Other than his fastball, his stuff is quite raw and his control isn't very good. There is also the possibility he could be older than 21. I also remember reading that some scouts believe he may wind up a reliever.

Instead I would like for the Mets go to sign this Japanese LHP coming out of high school, Yusei Kikuchi. His fastball has topped out at 96 mph, hes only 18, and obviously would cost much less than Chapman. However the kid could opt to stay and Japan and get drafted by a Japanese team in NPB. The Mets and a bunch of other teams have already met with him this past week, and I really do believe they would love to sign this kid if he decides to come to America (supposedly he has to decide by Monday if he wants to stay in Japan or come to America).

BTW, this is a great site to follow things about Japanese players/Nippon Pro Baseball - http://www.npbtracker.com/

Edited by nmigliore, 23 October 2009 - 11:38 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#2936 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

http://www.npbtracke...s-home/#content

Kyodo News and reader Manzino beat me to it, but Yusei Kikuchi is staying in Japan. Ill have more later in the evening.

Well, so much for that.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#2937 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4594666

Nice going Stevie boy...you stud you. Once a clown, always a clown. Yet another reason why NO ONE will ever give you a second shot at being a GM. Douchebag.

#30 FOREVER!

#2938 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

It's over. The 2009 baseball season is dead and buried.

This WS was a lot more painless than I could ever imagine. 2000 was pain, this is nothing.

The Yankees in the ultimate disgrace to sports, and most obscene offseasons of all time...bought a World Series. This was really disgusting.

Frankly, I'm not impressed enough to get angry. Win it with the payroll of the 2003 marlins and maybe I'll salute you.

Edited by '7', 04 November 2009 - 11:56 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2939 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:39 AM

It's over. The 2009 baseball season is dead and buried.

This WS was a lot more painless than I could ever imagine. 2000 was pain, this is nothing.

The Yankees in the ultimate disgrace to sports, and most obscene offseasons of all time...bought a World Series. This was really disgusting.

Frankly, I'm not impressed enough to get angry. Win it with the payroll of the 2003 marlins and maybe I'll salute you.

+1
:cheers:
Posted Image Posted Image

#2940 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

the worst part of the postseason for me was how everyone would turn into john sterling after the yankees won and put "the yankees win, thheeeeeeeee yaaaaankeees WIN" in their FB status updates... the WS definitely wasn't as bad as i thought, though i'm not looking forward to the parade thats gonna go on down the street from my office.

as for the yankees buying their championship, don't hate the player, hate the game.. which in this case is the players,, the players union won't go for a salary cap so the yankees are allowed to spend as much as they want, and the more they spend the better they do, the better they do the more people like them, the more people like them the more money they make,,, and they can spend on more players and the cycle goes on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users