3131 replies to this topic

#1741 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

i fvcking hate opposing pitchers batting. only the mets make them look like a serious threat... especially AL pitchers..

now we better pray this game gets through the top of the 5th.

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 03:46 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1742 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Now I don't like Castillo, but we don't need to mock cheer him after every pop fly he catches.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1743 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

I think that was his first pop fly catch back home at Citi since that game.

Offense better get some runs.

lol Tim McCarver .... Santos physically looks nothing like LoDuca... this guy truly is an idiot.

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 04:49 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1744 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

What an absolute bomb by Pena. Santana has been good today but also a little bit lucky...a lot of well hit at 'em balls.

Not sure if the Mets are capable of scoring more than 1 run today. Shields is pitching great and his pitch count is pretty low for this portion of the game...plus our lineup is pure sh!t.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1745 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

2-1 rays ... longballitis just wont go away from Johan (that was moonshot from Pena, wow) ... considering Wright/Beltran didn't show up today and Shields looks locked in, this game could be over.

its only 1 run, nothing a solo homer or big leadoff hit cant fix..... but lets see if this lineup can produce that.. still have plenty of game left.

edit: Santana's line so far - 7 IP, 3 hits, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K .. tough luck

edit, bottom 7th: pitch Wright inside = success for pitcher.

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 04:55 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1746 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

now the torrential rains come...

#1747 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

yeah its over now... they'll end up calling the game giving the rays the cheap win

ahhh major league baseball can be such a joke.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1748 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Too bad Santana had to give up the HR to Pena in the 7th or the rains didn't come a half hour earlier, otherwise the game could have been suspended at least. Oh well, I'm not sure if we could have gotten a hit off Shields all night anyway.

At least win a series tomorrow, god we haven't even done that since playing the lousy Nationals a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Hasan4978, 20 June 2009 - 05:26 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1749 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

According to WFAN the tarp is off the field... good... hopefully we can rally for a win ... hopefully shields is out.

edit: Parnell is in ... Burrell pinch hitting for shields so hes out

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 06:13 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1750 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Parnell really needs to develop another offspeed pitch... he doesn't have the control to work with just a fastball and slider.

top 8th inning:wow a walk and a hit ... Jerry wake the fvck up, Parnell cant pitch at all right now.

top 8th inning: again Feliciano saves someone's ass... this isn't good though, him and Sean Green will be out of gas by late July or early August.. good news is Wagner is coming back around then

bot 8th inning: why not PH Schneider for Santos vs the RHP? Jerry loves taking out Schneider... but not Santos.. Castillo works the count into his favor and does nothing.. he takes 3-1 too much.... Sheff grounds out.. this lineup is a FAILURE, they have no fight in them at all... they haven't had a hit since Cora's double WAYYYYY back in the 3rd inning.. even last night the lineup wasn't good; they got 1 big hit off Sonnanstine and then went quiet the rest of the game until Church brought home Beltran in the 8th

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 06:35 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1751 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

Thats you get for going to Green/Feliciano so much....... thats what you get for having 2 stupid spots in the bullpen taken up by 2 scrubs who never pitch.... when will this organization ever learn?! DUMP TAKAHASHI OR STOKES ALREADY. WOW.. they need another reliever who can pitch a damn inning.. clearly Jerry has no faith in either of those 2 long relievers so you need to dump one of them, they are just a waste of space.. Parnell is just flat out bad right now.. Is Switzer still in our bullpen? Seriously.. I dont even know since our bullpen has basically become a 3 man crew : Green, Pedro, and K-Rod.. call up Eddie Kunz please.

thank God i can turn this off now.

edit: Kunz's AAA numbers - 2.73 ERA .. 29.2 IP, 22 hits, 22 K/15 BB (yes this is his one weak spot), 2.56 groundout/flyout avg, .202 batting avg against (righties hitting .169 vs Kunz, lefties hitting .250).. hes on the 40-man roster, I dont see why they dont just DFA Takahashi and call up Kunz.

edit 2: Wright KILLS lefties.. .500 avg.. thats a 50/50 chance he gets a hit or makes an out. lets see what he can do vs the lefty here.

Strikes out... 3 pitches... chasing pitches in the dirt...... lol easy out... why couldnt they have just called this game? this team is trash.. now lets go and blow the series by losing the rubber game.... meanwhile chalk up another great santana start that is wasted..

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 06:51 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1752 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

Future hall of famer Jay Howell makes Choke Wright look foolish.

why did they even re start this game?

#1753 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

It sucks to be a Mets fan.. They've lost so many close ball games I mean with a little luck we could have been a number of games in first right now but we just can't catch a break.. Wilpon is crazy if he thinks I'm going to pay to see crappy baseball.. I get a better show from the NJ Jackals in Montclair

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1754 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

The Coupons are a joke too.. sure they didn't let Minaya overpay for Derek Lowe but they did let him bid against himself and sign Oliver Perez to an atrocious deal. I think at this point, I would have taken Lowe and that extra year. I had a bad feeling about Perez coming into this year.. I even noted it in my pre-season predictions that I thought he would have an awful year.. there is still alot of time for him to redeem himself THIS year, but, we wont see until he comes back (he also had a knee bothering him, so I hope that was part of the reason he sucked so much).. They also didn't want Minaya to sign a corner OF (Dunn? Manny? Abreu?) because they thought Murphy would be the real deal in LF and they banked Church would be very good in RF.. Trading away for damaged goods (Putz)..And the icing on the cake is that they bleed Dodger blue, and not blue and orange..

Edited by nmigliore, 20 June 2009 - 07:03 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1755 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

The Coupons are a joke too.. sure they didn't let Minaya overpay for Derek Lowe but they did let him bid against himself and sign Oliver Perez to an atrocious deal. I think at this point, I would have taken Lowe and that extra year. I had a bad feeling about Perez coming into this year.. I even noted it in my pre-season predictions that I thought he would have an awful year.. there is still alot of time for him to redeem himself THIS year, but, we wont see until he comes back (he also had a knee bothering him, so I hope that was part of the reason he sucked so much).. They also didn't want Minaya to sign a corner OF (Dunn? Manny? Abreu?) because they thought Murphy would be the real deal in LF and they banked Church would be very good in RF.. Trading away for damaged goods (Putz)..And the icing on the cake is that they bleed Dodger blue, and not blue and orange..

And why WOULDN'T you pay over $100 to sit somewhat near the field and watch them "play" baseball.. The NL East is a joke this year too compared to what it was in 06'

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1756 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

The Mets just can't win back to back games right now.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#1757 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

horrible base running by the mets .. valdez makes the last out at 3rd and cora gets thrown out trying to steal 2nd easily

just keep shooting yourselves in the foot mets, it always works.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1758 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

Cora sliding into 2nd reminded me of that scene in Major League where Willy Mays Hayes slides in about 3 feet short of the bag.

Beltran with an MRI tomorrow...great :rolleyes:

#1759 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

and the roof is caving in on Pelfrey.... reminds me of Maine or Perez's typical 5th or 6th inning breakdown.. now its happening frequently to Pelf'.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1760 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

Another loss as Pelfrey implodes in about 15 seconds seemingly.

Mets need absolutely perfect pitching to win because 2 runs is pretty much the limit for this offense. It's not going to happen too often.

and on top of everything this team is completely stupid in every fundamental aspect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users