3131 replies to this topic

#1821 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

Joel Piniero always finds a way to pitch well vs the Mets, and he looks absolutely locked in to start with 6 groundouts to start... and then he hits a double to LF...

wow.

Well this is not good... they are playing fundamentally bad again to start.. first Livan botches an easy out and then Murphy cant make a solid throw. Whatever, we weren't probably winning this game anyway with Piniero on the mound.. just gotta hope for the best (its raining, maybe a rain out before the 5th inning reaches!!)

Edited by nmigliore, 23 June 2009 - 06:43 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1822 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

When is the last time the Mets played a home game without a drop of rain?

Murphy has been decent at 1st but he has to know his limitations. Take the sure out.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1823 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

Rain delay, I hope it never stops pouring... keep raining.

edit, 8:04pm: according to wfan, the tarp is coming off

Edited by nmigliore, 23 June 2009 - 07:04 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1824 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Typical stupid move by Jerry Manuel that will probably cost this team the game.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1825 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

possibly...but with the way Cy Pineiro is pitching I doubt we could've gotten Castillo home. This is unreal domination.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1826 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

possibly...but with the way Cy Pineiro is pitching I doubt we could've gotten Castillo home. This is unreal domination.

I just dont like that move though.. nobody out, top of the order coming up with 2 guys who can grind out at bats (Cora, Murphy).. Livan is a good bunter so he would have easily gotten Luis to 2nd..

hit and run with a position player, i wouldn't mind it.. but with the pitcher, i just dont like it, no matter how "good" Livan is with the bat.

I am convinced Citi Field is just not for the Mets... luckiest bloop double you will ever see :rolleyes: .. st louis a fly ball away from a victory with the way pineiro pitching

Edited by nmigliore, 23 June 2009 - 08:40 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1827 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

yea it was pretty bad, I don't remember Bobby V doing anything this dumb

Livan has been good...shame he's going to end up the hard luck loser

#1828 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

I love the sarcastic cheer for every pop fly castillo catches now. lol
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#1829 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

who the hell's voice is that? its ron/keith/gary and there is like a muffled voice in the background... when Warthen went out to talk to Livan the muffled voice said, "what could he possibly tell him here?" .. i guess its just a fan that mic is catching..

ugh pujols, 3-0 cards... good night. better luck tomorrow.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1830 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well the game was over at 1-0, kind of classless that the Cardinals had to pile on and make it 3-0.

#1831 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Tatis really needs to be benched or shot or something. He can't be allowed to hit into a trillion double plays anymore.

#1832 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

can we give evans some starts over tatis already? the 1 year wonder ended awhile ago.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1833 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

The sad part is you could c/p this post during just about every game (that and another GIDP for Tatis). I never thought I'd say this but Jerry makes Willie look like a braniac.

And I love how they never do anything against Piniero, battered lineup or no battered lineup. I still shudder at the 8 IP, 3 H shutout in late '07. This is his third straight dominant start against us since then iirc.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1834 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Since that grand slam against Atlanta...Tatis is something like 12 for his last 73. Get him out of the major leagues already.

of course they won't since he can play a zillion positions, still he can't hit at all.

nice inning from Dessens at least. I wonder if the Mets can get a 2nd hit today.

Edited by '7', 23 June 2009 - 08:57 PM.

#1835 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Tatis needs to take another 6 years off.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#1836 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

Since that grand slam against Atlanta...Tatis is something like 12 for his last 73. Get him out of the major leagues already.

of course they won't since he can play a zillion positions, still he can't hit at all.

nice inning from Dessens at least. I wonder if the Mets can get a 2nd hit today.

i like tatis so i dont want them to just dump him, but he cant start so many games.. at least let evans, who was swinging a hot bat in AA, get a few starts if you wanna give Sheffield rest..

wow pineiro's pitch count is like in the 60's, he will easily throw a CG ... just a matter of whether it will be a shutout or not.

i dont know what is with the mets not hitting him.. hes had a solid year but has given up quite a bit more hits than IP.

wow isn't funny how easy dessens made those 6 outs look? yet some guys tend to make 1-2 outs look very difficult.

Edited by nmigliore, 23 June 2009 - 09:09 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1837 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Going to the game tommorow. First timer.

#1838 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

Have fun.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#1839 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm going on Saturday...finally.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1840 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

tonight's lineup:
Cora, ss
Castillo, 2b
Wright, 3b
Church, rf
Tatis, lf
Martinez, cf
Evans, 1b
Schneider, c
Nieve, rhp

-Sheffield's knee is bothering him supposedly.. nice to see Evans get his 1 start this year.. lets all hope Nieve can shutdown another tough team.. but most of all, lets hope we try and get more than a couple of hits tonight :rolleyes:

-Other news: Mets DFA lefty Jon Switzer and are likely to call up utility infielder Argenis Reyes (remember him?) .. Argenis is hitting .296/.389/.395 in 45 games for AAA-Buffalo this year... notable splits - vs RHP Argenis is hitting .316/.403/.402, vs LHP hes only hitting .229/.341/.371 .. i doubt that will be a big factor since Reyes might not get many starts, but whenever he does, it would be wise to give some at bats vs RHP.

Edited by nmigliore, 24 June 2009 - 03:58 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users