'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,986 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

So Parnell drops the ball, balks. Wild pitch and Cano takes 3rd

this is an absolute circus.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1882 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,986 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

nice, tampa with a big inning
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1883 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

So Parnell drops the ball, balks. Wild pitch and Cano takes 3rd

this is an absolute circus.

embarrassing is what it is.

its what this team just does. they embarrass themselves over and over and over again.. whether it be to philly or their NY counterpart..

parnell is still getting rocked.. that hit by cervelli was a bomb, somehow it stood in the park.

edit: at least the marlins lost.

Edited by nmigliore, 26 June 2009 - 09:40 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1884 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,986 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

Mets are getting swept

Hopefully they'll be no worse than 1.5 out when it's over.

that cervelli shot and now murphy...those would've been gone in the old stadium. Absolutely crushed.

Edited by '7', 26 June 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#1885 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

now murphy...those would've been gone in the old stadium. Absolutely crushed.

its like i said; mets seem to always find the deep parts of the park while the opposing teams find the short fences in LF and RF.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1886 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

With the injury to Maine prolonged, I think they should give Redding 1 more start... if its good enough, then keep in the rotation.. but if its 'so-so' to 'meh' i would stick him in the bullpen, DFA Dessens, and call up the hot hand - Jon Niese to replace Redding in the rotation..

although that makes for an interesting decision when Maine returns.. because then if Niese does well, theres no way the mets would send him down..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1887 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,175 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

Gee, I'm glad I sold my ticket for this game and went to the draft party (I wanted to get some new Cup t-shirts and just went to a SS game two weeks ago anyways) :doh1:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1888 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,986 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

Phillies won, so we'll be 1.5 out at the end of the night

somebody needs to blow that guido yankee fans brains out...redding gets the K anyway

Edited by '7', 27 June 2009 - 06:21 PM.

#1889 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

Marlins up 1-0...

somebody needs to blow that guido yankee fans brains out...redding gets the K anyway

yeah what a fvcking tool, i woulda threw something at him if i was there... stupid fvcking juiceheads think they are tough sh!t, he probably cant even name more than 3 players on the yankees, he just roots for them b/c hes italian and he likes to make people think hes from "da bwanx"

Edited by nmigliore, 27 June 2009 - 06:23 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1890 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

the Mets just cant hang with the Yankees with all of their injuries.. their poor starters they are sending out there this series (vs the 2 yankee aces) and poor lineup they are sending out has caught up to them vs a team thats stacked with good pitching and good hitters.

Well, hopefully we can steal 1 tomorrow.

I also dont like the fact Reed is in CF over FMart either. If you want to sit him, dont bother keeping him up here... Minaya/Jerry are probably not on the same page.

Still no hits... yeah this isn't familiar to last night or the game vs Piniero :rolleyes:

edit: how many times is keith going to say the same thing about Redding? - "i thought this was a sleeper pick by omar... ive always liked his stuff.." hes said this at least every start Redding has had.

Edited by nmigliore, 27 June 2009 - 07:47 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1891 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

Jon Niese > Tim Redding.

sooner they send the caveman to the bullpen and call up the hot-hand Niese, the better.. thanks, and good night. hopefully the mets at least salvage a game tomorrow.... i hope they get no hit tonight too... just so they can keep embarrassing themselves in front of the whole state of NY again.

Ah damn, Stokes is getting mop-up/long relief work again. Well Jerry better not go to Green, Feliciano, or K-Rod since this game is all but over.

Edited by nmigliore, 27 June 2009 - 07:55 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1892 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Why :(
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1893 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

Mark DeRosa traded to Cardinals for Chris Perez and PTBNL

I dont know much about Perez, except hes a young bullpen arm (equivalent to Bobby Parnell, maybe with a bit better stuff?).. cant really judge the deal until the ptbnl is announced. But looks like a very nice pickup for St Louis... at least hes off the Mets list, I originally would have liked him, but with the team depleted with too many injuries I rather settle on a guy under contract for next year (most wanted: Adam Dunn) or just save the prospects..

Edited by nmigliore, 27 June 2009 - 10:12 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1894 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:24 AM

heres a good article revisiting the JJ Putz trade with Mike Carp as the prime focus: http://www.dugoutcen...om/blog/?p=2534

I liked the trade when it was done, but Carp was definitely the toughest to let go because of his very good year in AA last year, but supposedly he was awful everywhere they put him in the field and they believed he would be better off in the AL as a DH.. he was just called up to Seattle and has played in 4 games (according to baseball-reference 2 games as 1B, and 2 games as DH .. no errors and 3 assists).

Before being called up to Seattle he hit .299/.412/.517 with 10 HR, 32 RBI in 58 games for AAA-Tacoma.

Only time will tell... but maybe they should have sent Murphy packing to Seattle instead of Carp?

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 09:49 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1895 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

With Hernandez vs Wang tonight... Just maybe the Mets will get some baserunners and runs and pull out a nice win.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#1896 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

With Hernandez vs Wang tonight... Just maybe the Mets will get some baserunners and runs and pull out a nice win.

:pray:
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#1897 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

wtf is murphy going to 1st for?! and he hesitated...

God, fvck this... im done watching tonight... better luck in milwaukee, even though thats getting pointless to say since this team sucks so much.

AGAIN MURPHY.. wow... I want Mike Carp back, he cant be worse than this defensively.. and he actually has POWER.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 07:22 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1898 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,986 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Phillies won, so the Mets will be 2.5 back when they get swept by the Yankees...which really won't be all that terrible. I'd be happy if they stayed within 5 games through July. Just try to piece things together and not let the Phillies pull away.

#1899 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

I really wonder how Wright leads the league in hitting at times.. I really do...

At least FMart is showing some nice defense... if only his bat would come around sooner. Hes kind of stuck in the middle - hes hitting very well in AAA but doesn't look ready to start hitting in the majors quite yet.. fwiw, FMart started out with a .233 avg in April for AAA (his first month in AAA), then exploded to hit .337 the next month. So who knows, maybe his bat will start coming along with the more at bats he gets up here.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 08:14 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1900 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,986 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

I really wonder how Wright leads the league in hitting at times.. I really do...

At least FMart is showing some nice defense... if only his bat would come around sooner.

same here...just throw him a really awful slider and he'll go fishing every single time. Church is the same way, bad slider, bad curveball...always a swing and a miss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users