A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

there we go FMart! Nice opposite field hit.. almost got out
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1902 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

You know just looking at some of the blimp views on ESPN during the game...there is no way that outfields dimensions are anywhere close to what Shea's were. I mean that is the most gigantic outfield I've ever seen in all directions. I'm positive they really fudged the dimensions in every which way. The numbers stamped on the walls are pure lies.

Edited by '7', 28 June 2009 - 08:48 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1903 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Livan just f'ed himself by walking Jeter and Swisher.. theres no chance, at all, he gets out of this inning giving up no runs.

DOUBLE PLAY SIDE RETIRED... HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE ROBINSON CANO .. Thats like, what, 3 DP balls from Cano in 3 at bats?

> eh, FMart was too patient in that at bat.. he got ahead in the count 2-0 and he laid off the fastballs down the middle.. inexperience.
>> Livan Hernandez: 7 IP, 3 hits, 3 ER .. and those runs came because of shotty and brainless defense.. Ill take it.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 09:26 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1904 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

Yeah Jerry, very smart move... play for 1 run, especially when you are down a run.... and of all people, a-Reyes?!! WHY?! Are you too fvcking stupid to realize LIVAN is the best bunter on the team? Why not just let him bunt? It doesnt mean he has to pitch the 8th..

fvcking idiotic move. Plain and simple.

Bleh, no runs.. 8th inning or bust... 9th inning - no chance.

edit: another strange move... leaving Feliciano in to face Jeter could be bad.. and fwiw, Teixeira has ripped LHP this year .. wake up jerrrrryyyy
edit 2: ah forgot teix isn't due up yet... hes after matsui
edit 3: ok, he gets matsui out.. 2 out.. jeter at 2nd... and they are leaving in pedro to face teix who has killed LHP this season? why? this is such a stupid risk to take... if the run scores its on jerry....

and now they walk him intentionally... jerry is just making me laugh now..

lol wow somehow the mets get out of that... well here is the mets chance... treat it as if its the 9th, because once they get to the real 9th, its game over.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 09:57 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1905 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

Damn, FMart goes down on 3 fastballs, again swinging at a pitch at his eyes... ehhh... Rivera in to record his 500th save, on national television, and a *BIG* 4 out save, vs the Mets of course....

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 10:10 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1906 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

of course rivera is going to get the call, lol.. its on national television, gotta have him get his 500th save!!

that home umpire has been squeezing the mets all night....

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 10:15 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1907 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

indeed, another humiliation but at this point we get humiliated at least 2-3 times a week so I feel nothing at all.

Honestly thought that ball Tatis hit to right was going to be a double. The baseball gods just pulled that foul for him.

I guess we should be happy they scratched out 2 runs. That's pretty good for this lineup.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1908 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

when is jerry ever going to get the blame for this? horrible decision making, defensive and offensive (baserunning) lapses... at least Willie was more uptight.. Jerry is too loose with these guys... this team is going nowhere if they can execute SIMPLE plays.

and fvcking A, of all teams, they do it against the yankees ALWAYS.. they play them 6 games a year yet manage to embarrass themselves more to them than they do a divisional opponent. God...

I can understand losing with this lineup.. but at least lose with some god damn dignity and quit making yourselves look like fvcking fools.

edit: they have to walk jeter... is jerry seriously gonna buy the stupid bluff? plus cervelli is a worse hitter than jeter even if the yanks pinch hit for rivera.. so walking him is a MUST.... and they wont walk him

Jerry Manuel, why why why why why....?!!!!

edit: this is stupid... Jerry just doesn't know to manage, seriously... why force your CLOSER into throwing meaningless pitches to Jeter????? K-Rod was giving him nothing all the way.... LOL

with the mets luck rivera will get a hit or draw a walk

this is pretty sad... hes actually working a quality at bat

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 10:36 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1909 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

Talk about overrated closers, Ill point to the one right on the mound. THANKS.

fvck your stats too.

This team should be fvcking embarrassed.. they have a horrible manager.. and dope GM... dope owners.... this is amazing... it just never ends...

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 10:38 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1910 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

Unbelievable.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1911 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

Unbelievable.

Rivera is gonna get his 500th save on national television... a 4 out save... he ends up with an 'RBI' ... I swear if thats not set-up, I dont know what is.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 10:44 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1912 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

The 2009 Mets slogan: I've never seen that before :rolleyes:

-Church not touching third in LA
-Castillo dropping the pop-fly
-And now our 'gutsy' closer walking Babe Rivera with the bases loaded :argh:

Wow it would have actually been better if Jeter had hit the first pitch, at least maybe it could have gotten Jerry fired for insanity. But I would have pulled K-Rod on principle after the walk to Rivera, this team is just so brain-dead it's mind-boggling.

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 June 2009 - 10:51 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1913 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

I've posted it before but this picture says it all for us Mets fans..

Posted Image

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1914 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

eh, not much to say.... i could care less how depleted the lineup is, the fact they lose with no dignity and embarrass themselves over... and over... and over... and over.... and over... and over... again is no shocker. Its THE METS... what else can be said???

K-Rod has been amazing in the bullpen, but FINDS ways to tick you off... Wright leads the God damn LEAGUE in batting and FINDS ways to tick you off.. The whole team, depleted with injuries yet somehow 2.5 games out of 1st place, finds new ways to tick you off... it just never ends.. and its going to continue...

Trading Reyes or the rest of the core wont solve anything either; this is all happening without him after all.. its just the organization.. blame Jerry for making stupid decisions (who knows, maybe those wasted pitches k-rod threw to Jeter got him all messed up when facing Rivera?), blame Minaya for handing out the strangest contracts.. blame the owners for being dodger fans.

I've never seen a more pathetic franchise in any sport than the team that we have been watching the past 3 years.

edit: and I can GUARANTEE YOU we will see more bizarre things to come... I mean really, I thought I saw it all when Castillo dropped the ball... NOPE.. more is on the way, I bet ya.. and again, I totally take back what I said about Joe Beningo in the beginning of the year -- hes right! His "only the mets!" saying is so true.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 11:01 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1915 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

The Mets had some crappy lineups with Valentine, but those teams always had more fight, more heart, and better fundamentals.

I think it's time to pull the plug on Omar...but he's got the Wilpons duped. But what does all this embarrassment do to a teams psyche? Does Fred and Jeff even notice or are they too busy designing some shrine to the 1955 Dodgers at Citi.

They're teetering on the brink now. If Philly gets to 5 up we'll never catch them.

As for the Yankees. Well they did what they were supposed to do, which is beat up on a AA team. They have their own problems within the division with Boston.

Edited by '7', 28 June 2009 - 11:10 PM.

#1916 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

The Mets had some crappy lineups with Valentine, but those teams always had more fight, more heart, and better fundamentals.

I think it's time to pull the plug on Omar...but he's got the Wilpons duped. But what does all this embarrassment do to a teams psyche.

the wilpons wont ever dump minaya b/c they know how bad he is... they also prevented him from going after manny in the offseason so that their beloved dodgers would resign him.

i know thats probably not likely, but i seriously would not be surprised if it was true :lol: .. they seem like dodger fanatics.

edit: btw Jerry is in favor of a trade - http://blogs.nypost....fo_51.html#more

and Jerry needs to STFU with all of his excuses .. "oh yeah k-rod didnt have his good stuff tonight because he hadn't pitched in so long...", thats just a poor excuse and its HIS fault K-rod didnt get in for so long

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 11:11 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1917 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

Maybe we can trade Jerry to a team that needs a good pr guy :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1918 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:13 PM

ah I wonder what the reactions of Ozzie Guillen would be... Im sure he wouldn't be laughing like Jerry is right now in his post game.. :rolleyes:

Everything is a big joke to him.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 11:14 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1919 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

you watch, even in missing 50 games Manny will hit more HR's and drive in more runs than any other Met. And like true sluggers (howard, dunn etc) his HR's go out of any park.

Could Jeff be a Mets fan? I'm hoping when the old man croaks he'd make the stadium more Mets friendly.

#1920 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

I wonder what would happen if a TRUE Mets fan owned the team.. I know if I was owner and was LOADED like that I would have a gigantic payroll like the yankees..

btw does anyone know how much revenue the mets are projected to make with citi field in total this year? I think they make $20M a year JUST for the naming rights.. I guess that should help them out when it comes to adding payroll in the future

Edited by nmigliore, 28 June 2009 - 11:19 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users