3131 replies to this topic

#1941 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

i know reyes isn't involved in this current fiasco of poor mets play, but i thought this was an interesting trade proposal made by some redsox blogger (metsblog found it):

to Mets: P Clay Buchholz, P Michael Bowden, OF Jacoby Ellsbury, SS Jed Lowrie (Buchholz and Bowden are the 2 top prospects in the sox system)
to Sox: SS Jose Reyes

i would heavily consider it.

omar would never, ever do that.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#1942 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

Santana: 6.0+ IP, 9 hits, 5 ER, 4 BB/5 K

eh.....
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1943 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

the fmart play not being an error is a joke
Posted Image

#1944 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

well, at least philly lost (ryan madson blown-save in 8th, martin prado went 4-5 and drove in 4 runs, including the winning run in the 10th! wow)... too bad they aren't the only team to worry about though - the marlins are winning 7-5 vs WSH in a rain delay.

Odd month of June for Johan... hopefully its just a fluke: (5 starts) - 2-3, 5.93 ERA, 30.1 IP, 10 BB/14 K, 7 HR allowed (5 allowed in april and may combined!!), opposing batting avg: .288

Edited by nmigliore, 30 June 2009 - 09:44 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1945 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

Hey, big blast by F-Mart. Kind of like when the Devils rookie scores his first career goal in the 4-1 loss.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1946 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Congrats to FMart with a nice shot to CF for his 1st HR.

Hey, big blast by F-Mart. Kind of like when the Devils rookie scores his first career goal in the 4-1 loss.

:lol:

This team is so annoying though... its pathetic how they find ways to score in the 9th ALL OF A SUDDEN.. but watch, tomorrow down by a run in the 9th, they'll go down quietly..

now we rest sheffield/wright tomorrow vs GALLARDO .. lol if anyone is looking for a sure bet and win, theres your game to bet... go ALL IN on Milwaukee, theres no way Gallardo and the Brewers lose with Wright/Sheff out of Mets' lineup. Thats going to be 6 losses in a row, 2 straight sweeps.. ugh

Edited by nmigliore, 30 June 2009 - 09:51 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1947 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yeah they are living in the past with all this Dodgers stuff.. I mean I love the Brooklyn Dodgers they were my dad's team before they moved but seriously move on!

This pretty much sums up the series with the Yankees.. Insert the word "Yankees" when you hear the word "Bears"

LOL funny you posted this b/c Jerry just referenced this in his post-game interview :rofl:

btw, can Jerry Manuel make up his mind: past week or so - "we need another bat..." , tonight: "we could win with what we have here and we have to do it"

smart jerry... smart. wake up wilpons!!

Edited by nmigliore, 30 June 2009 - 10:42 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1948 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

Boy Jerry looks like the biggest freaking hypocrite right now. So after whining about how they need players and everyone's hurt now he calls a closed-door meeting and puts on the brave face?! Where was this when we needed it?

Being embarassed by the Yankees took all the emotion out of this season for me, the Mets have to pick it up and fast before CitiField becomes a ghost town the last half of the season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1949 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

Boy Jerry looks like the biggest freaking hypocrite right now. So after whining about how they need players and everyone's hurt now he calls a closed-door meeting and puts on the brave face?! Where was this when we needed it?

Being embarassed by the Yankees took all the emotion out of this season for me, the Mets have to pick it up and fast before CitiField becomes a ghost town the last half of the season.

its too bad Delgado cant come back soon enough to trade him (would be a perfect fit for the Giants who need a 1B who can hit for power).. we would get a good deal in return.. the only thing this team has to sell (if they become sellers, which seems likely) is Livan Hernandez; yeah, thats how sad it is..

I still think they should consider trading John Maine... this rotation is going to be over-filled (yeah believe it or not) in another year.. 3 of the 5 rotation spots are sure to be taken up already next year by: santana, pelfrey, perez (b/c of his contract) .. that leaves only 2 open spots, you gotta believe 1 will be used to sign a true #2/front end starter in the offseason (or via trade), and the last spot could be used for Niese. I expect Gee to remain in AAA next year (hes missed alot of time this year and isn't due back until August.. he could use more seasoning in AAA), Holt and Mejia will probably remain in AA next year but if they get off to a good enough start they'll immediately be at AAA-Buffalo. . but yeah, this rotation is going start getting filled pretty quick in the next year or 2, which is should make things interesting

Edited by nmigliore, 30 June 2009 - 11:13 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1950 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

unfortunately omar is smart enough to know that as long as 'gasolina' gets played 50x a game, people will show up to the ballpark

Edited by metallidevils, 01 July 2009 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image

#1951 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

I've been done for a while now. Last night was just another joke. Omar loves taking the credit when players like Beltran, Santana and FRod fall into his lap (which is exactly what happened: Beltran would've taken a discount to become a Yankee if they had made an offer, the Red Sox and/or Yankees could have had Santana easily if they had made reasonable offers, and Omar had no real competitors for FRod's services), but in this rough time he's shown absolutely zilch in the creativity department, and chances are Omar will blame everything and everyone, except himself, as the crosshairs to continue to center on him. I really can't wait for this used-car salesman to be shown the door, but no matter how bad it gets it probably won't happen at season's end.

It's amazing that this team is actually just 3 games out of first. Last night was 1962-type stuff.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1952 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Too long of a leash on Pelf by Jerry.. as soon as Frank Catalanatto reached base with 2 outs he should have pulled him.. but instead he lets him pitch to Counsell and he walked him.. tieing RISP now

will this come back and burn Jerry? We'll see.....

edit: thankfully it didn't .. mets cant tack on runs in the top 9th though.. braun, fielder, hart due up vs k-rod .. get ready for a ride folks.

Edited by nmigliore, 01 July 2009 - 03:44 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1953 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

here we go
Posted Image

#1954 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

wow, 2 bullets off of k-rod... what a lucky out, but i'll take it.. 1 down

he also caught a break with the ump blocking that changeup in the dirt

Edited by nmigliore, 01 July 2009 - 03:48 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1955 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

stunned
Posted Image

#1956 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Gallardo struck out 12 batters .. Wright went 0-4 with 3 K's... somehow the Mets won. Wow.

Im really excited to see Pelf pitch the way he did.. 7.2 IP of shutout ball with some help from Sean Green... great stuff. Hopefully this turns him into that dominant starter he was last July/August
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1957 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

something is definitely wrong with k-rod
Posted Image

#1958 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

something is definitely wrong with k-rod

really? i dont think there is.. hes been showing the same stuff - nasty slider, nasty changeup, good enough fastball.. his control hasn't been exactly great.. but i dont think hes hurt or anything

april - 8.2 IP, 4 BB/12 K, opp. avg: .161
may - 16.0 IP, 7 BB/15 K, opp. avg: .158
june - 12.0 IP, 11 BB/12 K, opp. avg: .143

doesn't look bad to me, except his walks were definitely up in june.

edit -- according to jon heyman the indians wanted parnell AND brad holt for mark derosa - LOL. jim shapiro needs to quit dreaming, theres no way in hell he would get brad holt for a rental player. good thing omar didn't make that move..

Edited by nmigliore, 01 July 2009 - 04:38 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1959 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

Mets need to replicate yesterdays performance.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#1960 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

International signing period is open now ...

"It’s been confirmed to by a Mets source that they have signed Venezuelan LHP Juan Urbina, son of former big leaguer Ugueth Urbina. I have also confirmed that the bonus is for over $1 million. I’ll try to track down the specific amount."

http://www.baseballp...iltered/?p=1327

edit: heres an article about the latin talent market for this year.. http://www.baseballp...?articleid=9162 .. i dont have a subscription to BP so if anyone does, if you could find this kid in there (assuming he is), it would be appreciated.

edit 2: heres what Baseball America had on him: "Juan Urbina, who has a slender 6-foot-1 frame, throws an 88-89 mph fastball that some scouts say has touched 90-91. With a loose arm and a projectable body, Urbina'a fastball projects as a future plus if not plus-plus pitch. Urbina also has a curveball that could be a future plus offering, with a smooth delivery and a clean follow-through.

One scout called Urbina the best lefthanded pitcher he has seen in Venezuela in the last five years, high praise for a country that produced Martin Perez of the Rangers. Scouts say the Mets are the frontrunners to sign Urbina, whose father is currently serving a 14-year prison sentence in Venezuela for attempted murder. Ugueth Urbina was convicted in March 2007 for the 2005 incident in which he attacked five workers on his farm with a machete and poured gasoline on them."

- forgot to add hes 16 years old.

Edited by nmigliore, 02 July 2009 - 02:04 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users