#22 arena2003

arena2003

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

This coming from a race baiter.

This joker can call out anybody who uses a word that can be misconstrued as "racist". I've seen "N" words from Deke along with calling people racists with no quote to back him up.

Then, Rowdy jumps in to "explain" what the liberal "really" meant to say by using the "N" word in liberal terminology and the post is long gone.

Say Mexican, game over and God forbid you mention those that killed 3,000 Americans on 9/11 (plus the Cole) and PC libs must call JL a racist.

Go to hell.

Edited by arena2003, 06 April 2009 - 11:11 PM.

#23 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

Lmao.

Can you post more often? I think your posts are funny (and at the same time, very very VERY sad, I think you may need to see someone). And the fact that it's your actual mindset and they aren't meant to be funny, that sort of makes them more humorous. Keep 'em coming, bro.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#24 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

Nope. Not even close. When Obama comes here, or Germany or pretty much anywhere people are waving American flags and cheering. The world hates the US that spits on the rest of the world and lacks any sense of mutual respect. Respect shown by such things as a greeting bow.

I have to disagree Don - I know plenty of people in several countries that hate America and no weak apologetic president will change their mind.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#25 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

I have to disagree Don - I know plenty of people in several countries that hate America and no weak apologetic president will change their mind.

I think there are a few people that may hate us no matter what based on hatred passed down from generation to generation. I don't think you can make a blanket statement that most of the world hates us, or that we can't make people who formally hated at least respect us enough that they no longer consider us their enemy.

#26 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

I think there are a few people that may hate us no matter what based on hatred passed down from generation to generation. I don't think you can make a blanket statement that most of the world hates us, or that we can't make people who formally hated at least respect us enough that they no longer consider us their enemy.

I agree -- but you cant make a blanket statement the other way either --
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#27 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

Then, Rowdy jumps in to "explain" what the liberal "really" meant to say by using the "N" word in liberal terminology and the post is long gone.

Your lack of reading comprehension shows yet again. I never attempted to explain THOSE posts, though it should have been obvious that he's laying on the sarcasm and satire pretty thick there. Of course, I'm not surprised that if someone holds up a mirror to you, you think it's a window. The one time I had to "interpret" a post for you, I shouldn't have even had to do that because any sane, mature adult would have known exactly what he was talking about. Unfortunately, you're too angry, bitter and stupid to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation. You're so polarized that you can't recognize a non-political post when it's right in front of your face, and you've proven that you're unable to respond in a non-polarized manner. You are emotionally disturbed and quite possibly insane, and I will no longer waste my time and energy by reading and responding to your drivel. I implore everyone else to follow my lead.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#28 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

Your lack of reading comprehension shows yet again. I never attempted to explain THOSE posts, though it should have been obvious that he's laying on the sarcasm and satire pretty thick there. Of course, I'm not surprised that if someone holds up a mirror to you, you think it's a window. The one time I had to "interpret" a post for you, I shouldn't have even had to do that because any sane, mature adult would have known exactly what he was talking about. Unfortunately, you're too angry, bitter and stupid to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation. You're so polarized that you can't recognize a non-political post when it's right in front of your face, and you've proven that you're unable to respond in a non-polarized manner. You are emotionally disturbed and quite possibly insane, and I will no longer waste my time and energy by reading and responding to your drivel. I implore everyone else to follow my lead.

:cryriver:

Rowdy wants to impose the "Fairness Doctrine"
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#29 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

Yup, that's what the leaders of our enemies are doing........laughing at him, and by extension, all of us.

I think you got that backwards. They (the international community) were laughing at Bush, and by extension, all of us. Not so much now. You seem to have little (to no) sense of what the international community thinks about the US. Luckily I have many contacts outside of the US and get a pretty good sense of what people feel. Based on my small sample of people (compared to your sample of no one) you are wrong. Of course my sample is limited to Europe but I still don't agree that the international community is laughing at Obama. The only ones laughing at Obama over something as dumb as this are people like you; people that are rooting for Obama to fail.

The international community has quite a lot of hope and respect for Obama.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#30 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

:cryriver:

Rowdy wants to impose the "Fairness Doctrine"

Another stupid comment from the King of Spin. I've made it clear in previous discussions about the Fairness Doctrine that I'm just as opposed to it as you are.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#31 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

http://digg.com/d1o7g3

craps his pants at the sound of gun salute. Commander-in-Brief !

#32 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

I think you got that backwards. They (the international community) were laughing at Bush, and by extension, all of us. Not so much now. You seem to have little (to no) sense of what the international community thinks about the US. Luckily I have many contacts outside of the US and get a pretty good sense of what people feel. Based on my small sample of people (compared to your sample of no one) you are wrong. Of course my sample is limited to Europe but I still don't agree that the international community is laughing at Obama. The only ones laughing at Obama over something as dumb as this are people like you; people that are rooting for Obama to fail.

The international community has quite a lot of hope and respect for Obama.

Boy am I glad you realize I have NO contacts in Europe. You must be the only one.

And I am rooting for Obama's policies to fail, 100% absolutely. They are dangerous to America and what this country was.

It's painfully obvious our enemies have absolutely no fear of this lightweight.

Thanks for seting me straight.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#33 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

I am certainly no expert on protocol b/t heads of state but I would think that there are two overriding concepts when two leaders meet:

1) respect of the others position and customs
2) maintainance of your own standing as an equal

Ask yourself when you meet a peer, what customs do you exhibit? A bow in Japan is used as a part of a formal greeting among any social class IIRC while a bow to a king is a sign of subservience. I don't share the same outrage at the incident as others but I still don't like the message. What have other presidents done when meeting the king of SA or even the Queen of England? In other words what is the precedent? What did Obama do when he met the Queen last week? If he didn't bow there, then he has screwed up, if he bowed to the Queen at least he is being consistent.

Aren't there other ways to show respect b/t peers without the use of a subservient action?
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#34 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

Here is a video comparison of the two bows: First to QoE then to the KoSA.

Link
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#35 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

I am certainly no expert on protocol b/t heads of state but I would think that there are two overriding concepts when two leaders meet:

1) respect of the others position and customs
2) maintainance of your own standing as an equal

Ask yourself when you meet a peer, what customs do you exhibit? A bow in Japan is used as a part of a formal greeting among any social class IIRC while a bow to a king is a sign of subservience. I don't share the same outrage at the incident as others but I still don't like the message. What have other presidents done when meeting the king of SA or even the Queen of England? In other words what is the precedent? What did Obama do when he met the Queen last week? If he didn't bow there, then he has screwed up, if he bowed to the Queen at least he is being consistent.

Aren't there other ways to show respect b/t peers without the use of a subservient action?

Queen More of a nod
King More than a nod

Posted Image

Edited by Devilish34, 07 April 2009 - 11:32 AM.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#36 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

http://digg.com/d1o7g3

craps his pants at the sound of gun salute. Commander-in-Brief !

Wow, I thought the bow'ing issue was pathetic, now a small flinch from gunfire? What's next? Obama show's weakness of America by obeying the laws of gravity? International species across the galaxy are laughing at us because Obama observes natural human like behavior. :rolleyes:

#37 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Boy am I glad you realize I have NO contacts in Europe. You must be the only one.

And I am rooting for Obama's policies to fail, 100% absolutely. They are dangerous to America and what this country was.

It's painfully obvious our enemies have absolutely no fear of this lightweight.

Thanks for seting me straight.

You are so paranoid.

Our enemies should fear Obama? Fear the United States? That sounds an awful lot like terrorism to me. Spreading around fear.

What will fear accomplish anyways? Seriously? Do you think fear will thwart attacks from terrorists? Iran? Iraq? Are you serious? They don't give a sh!t. They just get more pissed.

A president should strive to gain respect. We should be a country that is respected. Bush was the laughing stock of the world for long enough. We need a military that is respected, not feared.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#38 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, we don't want to piss of the terrorists.

Let's engage them in conversation instead.

Don't be so naive.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#39 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

What have other presidents done when meeting the king of SA

Posted Image

#40 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

Posted Image

No no no, that's all wrong, its totally different. That man there is a republican, he is showing respect. God why can't these frickin libs get it :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users