Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

that and holik is unmatched in a press conference

Also in "guys who look like a 1930s Universal monster but sound like a muppet."

Neither helps us win games. If Holik costs us this series with his lazy penalty-taking, so help me I'll take the bolts out of his neck myself.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#42 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

My preference for who gets in, in this order

1) Rupp -- smarter than in the past, fewer dumb penalties, good physical play.
2) Pelley -- Faster than Holik, some NHL experience, not gonna give you much, but won't kill you.
3) Holik -- veteran, but bad lately
4) Leblond -- not ready, but better athlete than Holik

If Bergfors can play, I'd like him to practice with them. If a scorer gets hurt, the big guys aren't going to replace him. I don't know that Bergfors can, but he's at least the right kind of player.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Pelley will not play. This is standard Lou: bring the kids up to get an intimate experience preparing for the playoffs. He does this every year to players he thinks will be with the big club in next year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 ALBDEVSFAN

ALBDEVSFAN

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

Why do you guys hate on tough players so much especially during playoff time. Yeah some take bad penalties, but just because fights go down doesn't mean physical play as a whole does. Playoff hockey is the most intense hockey out there. So, it pains me to see Bergfors name thrown around he plays like a bitch. I'm not going to say Leblond deserves it even though I enjoy watching him play, but he is doing Holik's and especially RUPP's job and doing it better. Im sick of seeing us "afraid to take penalties" when people run Marty over it's damn discraceful. I see allot of hockey fans say we are a tough team and I highly disagree. We have tough players who are held back because we are afraid to take penalties. I hate the "dumb" penalties like the Holik interference but when the Devils are afraid to stick up for eachother to avoid penalties it makes me sick because thats how Booins play and I hate it. Like in the Ottawa game when Leblond stepped in and beatup Winchester after the multiple hits on Clarkson that showed allot, also I forget who it was but a 'cane ran into Marty and PL3 chewed him out but didn't do anything to get a penalty atleast let other players know that they won't stand for Marty getting run over. As a big fan of physical hockey I had to get this off my chest. GO DEVILS!!
"I'm not throwing pillows, I'm trying to knock the dude's head off. I'm trying to get it through his head that if he fights me, he's going to get hurt. I don't want guys to like to fight me or look forward to fighting me. I want them to be scared sh!tless in the other locker room before the game even starts" - Scott Parker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users