796 replies to this topic

#341 Hellz Maddog

Hellz Maddog

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Its about fvcking time the devils got one and wtf is with marty is he on drugs or something? :boogie: :blink:

#342 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,320 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

They're getting out-shot 37-17 and people are blaming Marty? Give me a break.

22 to 10 shots in Carolina's favor in the second, yet somehow the Devils kept even at a goal a piece that period. I don't know how this is still a 2 goal game but I sure as hope the Devils dominate the third period. I would do anything to see a quick goal so then the Devils could attack for that last one the remainder of the period. Keep the faith, Lets Go Devils!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#343 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

No hope here. Complete mirror flip of game 1.

#344 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

They're getting out-shot 37-17 and people are blaming Marty? Give me a break.

Truth. Some of us didn't get the memo that Jesus Christ himself doesn't tend goal for the New Jersey Devils. How bout Zubrus be in the right position for once in his life. How bout Havelid not get muscled off the puck like a little bitch the entire game. Nope this is Marty's fault because he couldn't grow an extra fvcking limb and stop EVERYTHING.

Like the man said 37-17.

Edited by SickMan, 21 April 2009 - 08:15 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#345 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

We're getting out shot 37-17 after two periods and apparently it's all Marty's fault we're down. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#346 TackleDummy

TackleDummy

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I just hope Salvador is ok. Losing him for a couple games could be a huge problem.

Edit: And as stated above, Havelid needs to not get muscled off the puck like a little bitch.

Edited by TackleDummy, 21 April 2009 - 08:17 PM.

#347 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Do it for Bryce....Seeing a guy whos been there all year go down like that has to fire you up... combine that with a late gionta goal and maybe you can all stop bitching about brodeur for 5 minutes
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#348 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,106 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

We're getting out shot 37-17 after two periods and apparently it's all Marty's fault we're down. :rolleyes:

Oh give me a break.... all of the comments of "it's marty's fault" came when he let in 3 weak goals on 19 shots... he made up for it, so what do you want the other people to do? go abck and edit the past messages?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#349 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

K now that Gionta found the net we need to put Clemmer and give everything we got in the third maybe i'm

wrong about putting clemmer
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#350 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,682 posts

Truth. Some of us didn't get the memo that Jesus Christ himself doesn't tend goal for the New Jersey Devils. How bout Zubrus be in the right position for once in his life. How bout Havelid not get muscled off the puck like a little bitch the entire game. Nope this is Marty's fault because he couldn't grow an extra fvcking limb and stop EVERYTHING.

Like the man said 37-17.

Well the third goal's still on him no matter how many saves he made, but some of the ripping in this thread is beyond stupid. I mean geez, Marty's given up nine goals in about the equivalent of four games (including around 20 minutes of overtime), that's about a 2.25 GAA. It's not like he's sucking a** the way he did last year, he's pretty much done the job other than maybe one goal tonight. How about the powerless play picking it up or the D not let role players like Bayda and LaRose get open in the first place?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#351 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Like the man said 37-17.

It's not his fault that we're losing, but it is his fault that the game is 3-1 instead of 2-1. I realize both Havelid and Zubrus made sh!tty plays that led to a goal, but Marty is simply held to a higher standard.

Edited by devils26, 21 April 2009 - 08:18 PM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#352 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

with any luck we can get a fluke and then its one shot to tie
This takes into account we stop playing peewee and play like we have the last 3

#353 HockeyR53

HockeyR53

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

fvck the whiners

:evil:
LETS GO DEVILS
:gd:
Two goals in one period is not impossible
Go NJDevils!

Posted Image

#354 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

I was so pumped for this game tonight and the Devs just flat out embarassed themselves and the fans. Unacceptable effort by this team tonight :puke:

I've always wondered what "unacceptable" meant in this use. Does this mean that you, personally, do not accept the effort put forth tonight?

We, as fans, having no control over the situation, have to accept whatever effort they put forth. I mean, if it is one of my employees not pulling his weight and I deem it unacceptable, I put corrective measures in place to fix the situation. But in this case, we have to accept even the most piss poor efforts.

I think "unacceptable" suggests consequences. I supposed something like this:
"The effort put forth tonight is so unacceptable that I'm canceling my season tickets"
or
"The effort tonight is unacceptable. I'm going to cheer for the Detroit Red Wings from now on."

I'm rambling incoherently but I've just heard that phrase so many times before and just never understood it and that bothers me for some reason. :)
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#355 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

Allright, I've calmed down. Let's just play a good 3rd period.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#356 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

Yeah maybe it was a bad rebound to give up on that 3rd goal but what the fvck were the D-men doing on that play? Havelid and Salvador got owned on that series. The goalies job is to make that first save but Brodeur had absolutely no help at all on that 3rd goal.

The point is this game would be FAR worse if not for Brodeur. 3-1 sucks and all but it's much better then 6-1 with a cold Clemmensen coming in.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#357 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

I've always wondered what "unacceptable" meant in this use. Does this mean that you, personally, do not accept the effort put forth tonight?

We, as fans, having no control over the situation, have to accept whatever effort they put forth. I mean, if it is one of my employees not pulling his weight and I deem it unacceptable, I put corrective measures in place to fix the situation. But in this case, we have to accept even the most piss poor efforts.

"The effort put forth tonight is so unacceptable that I'm canceling my season tickets"
or
"The effort tonight is unacceptable. I'm going to cheer for the Detroit Red Wings from now on."

I'm rambling incoherently but I've just heard that phrase so many times before and just never understood it and that bothers me for some reason. :)

This is all your falut Don. Are you watching your X-Files DVD's? :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#358 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

or

I think unacceptable in that sense just means it's not good enough and they'll have to be better if they're going to win. I don't think it really has anything to do with the fans accepting or not accepting the effort.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#359 spacegrass

spacegrass

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Sweet, Gionta scores to keep the Devils in the game. This will keep the posts upbeat for awhile unless the Canes score next. Then we can get back to normal and blame everyone from Marty to the guy picking out half smoked cigarettes from the ashtrays outside as to why we are losing. We can finish the night off by insulting each other and making fun of someones mother's "corn hole". Don't get me wrong, I look forward to reading these posts just as much as the next guy.

#360 goalieguy87

goalieguy87

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

COME ON DEVILS LETS PULL THIS ONE OUT!!! NOW IS WHERE WE SEE WHAT KIND OF A TEAM WE ARE!!!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!
Marty Saved My Soul And Took It Straight To Hell
Jersey Collection Updated 5-8-09 http://community.web...r/goalieguy1987
Posted Image
Co-Keeper of Jay Pandolfo
Keeper of Doc's "A Big Drive!!"
Keeper of Mike Peluso's crying fit in game 4 of the 95 Finals

Keeper of Brian Rolston, Lou's Cap, and Lou's "Don't worry about my cap"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users