432 replies to this topic

#361 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

I think I aged a couple of years watching that game. Amazing game by #30.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#362 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

In a few years, scores of Devils and Hurricanes fans will suddenly drop dead of heart-related ailments, and doctors will point back to this series, saying that it literally took years off the end of many fans lives.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#363 Emperoreddy

Emperoreddy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Please if one of you find those heart pills please share. I was on my feet for those last two minintes. This was EXACTLY the kind of game we needed, take their best and just completely shut them down. Marty answered the call alright, that was a showcase. Whole defense played well, Power Play looked good, Offense did too, Ward was just a brick wall all night. So happy about this, and even happier that Pittsburg has to play another game as well, thank you Flyers. Lets end this get some rest and get ready for round 2.

#364 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Don't know about Langs, but Sal sounded optimistic as per TG yesterday. Greene has to stay in after tonight.

Yeah, I can multitask!

Good to know! I didn't think there could be many Devils fans out there calling themselves mouse. :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#365 TackleDummy

TackleDummy

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

Watching Sutter's press conference is torture.

#366 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

In a few years, scores of Devils and Hurricanes fans will suddenly drop dead of heart-related ailments, and doctors will point back to this series, saying that it literally took years off the end of many fans lives.

The Hurricanes have fans? You sure about this? The NASCAR race wasn't just sold out so people wandered to the stadium in some Dawn of the Dead type sh!t?

#367 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Looking at the replay again, the interference call on Brodeur was 100% BS. LaRose lost control trying to get around Oduya -- BEFORE he made contact with Marty. Marty PLAYED THE PUCK before LaRose hit him! It can't possibly be interference on Marty. That's as clear-cut a blown call as they get. That should've been either a no call, or a trip on LaRose, depending on whether or not you want to call it incidental. Maybe the zebras' union put the word out to get back on Marty...

Edited by David Puddy, 23 April 2009 - 09:50 PM.

Posted Image

#368 Undersold

Undersold

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Awesome game! Boy, that was tense. Marty was possessed tonight, and showed why he's the best ever. He's consistently been the Devils' best player this series - he was out of his mind last game too and the crap at the end just made sure he wasn't gonna let anything past him tonight.

And oh, by the way, he ties Roy's playoff shutout record with the one he got tonight.

#369 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

One hell of a game and Marty was just stellar!
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

#370 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Watching Sutter's press conference is torture.

SPot on! Too bad he hasn't gotten to that class at the Devils. I would think Lou would want him to be a tad bit better speaker, but then again... if they win it all does it really matter?
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#371 TackleDummy

TackleDummy

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

SPot on! Too bad he hasn't gotten to that class at the Devils. I would think Lou would want him to be a tad bit better speaker, but then again... if they win it all does it really matter?

Well, I could just not watch it. Half the problem is the stupid questions.

"Is that cut on Marty's leg getting infected going to be a concern?" Seriously?!?!

#372 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well, I could just not watch it. Half the problem is the stupid questions.

"Is that cut on Marty's leg getting infected going to be a concern?" Seriously?!?!

i liked when sutter put down that one guys question ( i forgot what it was) and he was like well shanny plays on a line with madden and pandolfo
Posted Image

Posted Image

#373 sameblood

sameblood

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

So...I'm officially dead.
Posted Image

#374 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Holy sh!t, my heart is STILL pounding!! I said Marty needed to steal this game- and boy did he ever do it! This was a CLASSIC goaltending performance by both guys. But one thing is certain my friends: don't EVER piss off Marty Brodeur. Because you will pay dearly for it! Let's close these bastards out on Sunday!! LET'S GO DEVILS BABY!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#375 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

i liked when sutter put down that one guys question ( i forgot what it was) and he was like well shanny plays on a line with madden and pandolfo

It was Fischler who asked him that, too.

#376 sameblood

sameblood

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

BY THE WAY, I really hope someone uploads White's funny ass shocked expression. I don't know what was going on, but it was awesome.
Posted Image

#377 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

The Rock was the loudest I've ever seen at a Devil's game tonight... and the fans standing when exciting plays were happening... never seen that before at a Devils game!

Marty had that look all night long
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#378 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

I didn't want to jinx it, but this was my son Nate's first game. He's 28 hours old, and we adopted him today. He watched it from the top drawer of the hotel's dresser - we are in a hotel until tomorrow and don't have a crib with us. Just as the last minute was playing out he made a massive "mess". I missed it, but I guess he feels the same way about the 'Canes that I do.

His Scott Steven's jersey is waiting for him at home... LGD! :koolaid: :dance:

Congrats! What a welcome for little Nate! GO DEVILS!
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#379 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, the place was loud tonight, especially section 4. I lost my voice from yelling at Ward, too bad it really didn't do much...

Marty sure shut all the naysayers up, he played incredible.

#380 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

I didn't want to jinx it, but this was my son Nate's first game. He's 28 hours old, and we adopted him today. He watched it from the top drawer of the hotel's dresser - we are in a hotel until tomorrow and don't have a crib with us. Just as the last minute was playing out he made a massive "mess". I missed it, but I guess he feels the same way about the 'Canes that I do.

His Scott Steven's jersey is waiting for him at home... LGD! :koolaid: :dance:

Congrats bro!! That is great!!

Yeah, the place was loud tonight, especially section 4. I lost my voice from yelling at Ward, too bad it really didn't do much...

Marty sure shut all the naysayers up, he played incredible.

Where were ya bro? I was looking for ya!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users