54 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

If you love the team that much, going to a game alone isn't a big deal. In 2006 I went to Game 2 of the Devils-Rangers series by myself. I ended up next to a guy and his son. Chatted with them the whole game and just made myself tone down the cursing for the kid. Had a great time. Of course, the fact that the Devils won was probably the greatest factor in my enjoyment, not who I was or wasn't with. :)

Now you'd have booed the damn kid on principle :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

yup, i do it. I used to get a pair of season seats but ended up going alone alot of the time anyway so it just didn't make sense to buy the 2nd seat anymore. I know enough people where I can almost always find a buddy to sit with or near. Tried to meet up with CRASHER last game but ran into some old buddies on a smoke break so we stayed put.

Next season i bought a seat downstairs in 5 but again, i'm sure i'll find my way around the arena as i usually do!
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#43 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

yup, i do it. I used to get a pair of season seats but ended up going alone alot of the time anyway so it just didn't make sense to buy the 2nd seat anymore. I know enough people where I can almost always find a buddy to sit with or near. Tried to meet up with CRASHER last game but ran into some old buddies on a smoke break so we stayed put.

Next season i bought a seat downstairs in 5 but again, i'm sure i'll find my way around the arena as i usually do!

and you walked up the wrong side of the section!! :rant:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#44 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

and you walked up the wrong side of the section!! :rant:

DOH :doh1:
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

DOH :doh1:

I saw you walking up too I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

I saw crasher at the game yesterday and said hi. I totally win.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#47 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

You can buy 2 tix and advertise on craigs list.

Oops, thought you were a Pens fan.

Go. You might get stuck sitting next to people who aren't sociable (which would suck) but might be sitting next to great people. Either way you are in the building.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#48 XParise9X

XParise9X

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

I've gone alone when my boyfriend bailed on me to go to a Rags game (gag) I just butted into conversations around me hehe It may also help that i'm a young female though with people feeling bad and talking to me idk.

I had a blast that game, and no annoying Rangers fan bf (who has devils season tickets...long story) to not cheer when the devils score.
Posted Image

#49 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:16 AM

Heres a brilliant idea, seems like there are at least 10 people in here who go to games alone....so meet up and sit together. Problem solved.

#50 DEV1LDR1VER

DEV1LDR1VER

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

So I sat just behind Marty's left shoulder 19 rows from the glass. Awesome view of the goal tending clinic and DC's tip in. I think the whole arena stood for the last minute of the period. I couldn't even sit during both time outs. Games like that are proof if everyone bails you still go.

Period one with DC's goalie interference + Marty getting completely taken out + Marty given a penalty, I seriously thought they were gonna have to call in the National Guard. The crowd was LIVID.

My heart was pounding with each PK.

Then watching the clock while realizing Marty need a 'that which I couldn't say' to win.

The ticket paid for itself.
LIVE HARD!

#51 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

I've gone alone when my boyfriend bailed on me to go to a Rags game (gag) I just butted into conversations around me hehe It may also help that i'm a young female though with people feeling bad and talking to me idk.

I had a blast that game, and no annoying Rangers fan bf (who has devils season tickets...long story) to not cheer when the devils score.

Please tell me you're only with him for his season tickets.

#52 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

Sadly there are way too many Devils fan girls that have wasted resources with Ranger fans out there :P

#53 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

Heres a brilliant idea, seems like there are at least 10 people in here who go to games alone....so meet up and sit together. Problem solved.

Think you might be on to something there :P
---

#54 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

I go to games if I cant find someone to go with or if I get a runaround from friends. Screw it I'll just go and if something great happens, I'll just keep talking on how great it was to be there in person.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,001 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Except for the fact almost everyone that do either prefers to go by themselves or does it solely as a last resort.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users