Photo

Evaluating Sanchez (Jets Scepticism)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Good Choice -vs- Sloppy Move (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Mark Sanchez pan out?

1. Absolutely! We got a winner for 12+ Years! (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. No Way! The Jets are doomed! (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. ...unsure, but agree there's too much hype (21 votes [65.62%])

Percentage of vote: 65.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

Favre did not want to be a Jet (despite the Jets begging him to come back even after he stunk up the joint for much of the season other than the Arizona, Tennessee and New England games), he only wanted to play for one team which he finally got after his fifteenth 'retirement'. And with good reason, the Vikings run the system he's familiar with and they play indoors at least ten games this year which also helps cause he can't play in bad weather anymore.

And the Jets or anyone else who thought that Sanchez was going to be another Ryan or even Flacco was kidding themselves. Big difference between being a four-year starter in college and playing for one year in a weak conference with a stacked team. He's never had to face adversity or bad weather before.

But it IS early and the Jets do act like a win now team but really they aren't (especially now that Jenkins is done)...it's more like a be good enough to get publicity now team so Woody can sell more PSL's and season tickets in the new stadium next year.

Edited by Hasan4978, 23 October 2009 - 07:26 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

I voted that the Jets got a winner here. I truly believe it. Doesn't mean he won't be a bust. But I think the Jets got a future star in Sanchez, and I believe it was a great move by Mr. T to get him. Time will tell, but I have a very good feeling about Sanchez based on what I've seen him do well so far. He's got ability and the chops to deal with this insane city he plays in.

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

He's bloody rookie. I look at the current success of my own Joe Flacco. The difference of 1-years experience is night and day. Sanchez is going to be a winner, all rookie QB's have the learning curve.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

And the Jets or anyone else who thought that Sanchez was going to be another Ryan or even Flacco was kidding themselves. Big difference between being a four-year starter in college and playing for one year in a weak conference with a stacked team. He's never had to face adversity or bad weather before.

guys like Flacco and Matty Ice only come around once in a blue moon and it happened to be the same year. While the number of starts are directly related to a QB's success (I know Parcells will only take a guy with a certain number of starts), to say that Sanchez played in a weak conference is irrelevant since the Pac 10 is better than the ACC and whatever conference Flacco played in at DIAA for Delaware
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#25 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

guys like Flacco and Matty Ice only come around once in a blue moon and it happened to be the same year. While the number of starts are directly related to a QB's success (I know Parcells will only take a guy with a certain number of starts), to say that Sanchez played in a weak conference is irrelevant since the Pac 10 is better than the ACC and whatever conference Flacco played in at DIAA for Delaware

The biggest advantages for Flacco and Ryan were that the coaches allowed the running game to be the focus, allowing the QB in more of a secondary role on the offense, and monitored and expanded responsibility each week.

Sanchez, HAS this scenario as well, but little-Schott has been giving him far too many plays and not allowing him to read defenses yet.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#26 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

eating a hotdog, reading off index cards. how's marks ego doing these days?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#27 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

Well, he either grows from it or he doesn't.

#28 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

sooo anyone of you jets fans starting to think, maybe drafting a junior w/only seventeen games logged over three years, might not have been a safe bet ??
GO GIANTS

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

It's not drafting him that's the problem, it's playing him right off the bat and hyping him up as Joe Willie with no safety net on the bench (Kellen Clemens doesn't qualify).

Ironically the Jets would have been much better off if they didn't screw around with Chad last year, let him play last season instead of trying to kiss Favre's fanny and then you could have done what you did to get Sanchez and had him play behind Chad for a whlie, thereby lowering expectations when he finally came in.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

...I may owe you an apology come the end of the season Anthony.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#31 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

...oh well, it could be worse. We could have JaMarcus Russell. :P

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#32 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

...oh well, it could be worse. We could have JaMarcus Russell. :P

There you go!

I still believe drafting Sanchez was a good risk. But as Hasan mentioned, I'm not happy with Clemens as a back-up. Still, at 24-0, Clemens should have been in the game.

#33 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

I don't know guys, Sanchez is having some serious growing pains....we will see what happens with him in the future, but as of now.....not looking too good

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#34 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

I'll let you know after sc sunshine plays his first game in Dec. with the wind blowing and its c-c-cold.

hey guys

#35 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

hey guys

HAHA...your questions proved valid. I do not see how Mr USC will ever become a cold weather QB

#36 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

HAHA...your questions proved valid. I do not see how Mr USC will ever become a cold weather QB

Why, did the cold weather freeze his brain? Because I saw bad decisions as his downfall Sunday, not the inability to make throws in Giants Stadium.

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

Why, did the cold weather freeze his brain? Because I saw bad decisions as his downfall Sunday, not the inability to make throws in Giants Stadium.

Maybe it did. The cold weather affects a QB's play in general...bad decisions, bad throws all can be somewhat attributed to the cold weather. If you are off your game in the cold, it will hinder your game overall. He is out of his comfort zone. Don't be too upset, I think he will be OK one day...just not this season. He should have stayed at USC for another year like PC suggested..

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Inexperience can be addressed.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

im stunned absolute winner got 5 votes.

#40 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

www.espn.com/blog//drafting-sanchez-the-right-move

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users