682 replies to this topic

#561 sameblood

sameblood

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

Um...our 6-1 win against the Thrashers on November 1st being up on newjerseydevils.com right now is pretty fvcking creepy.
Posted Image

#562 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts

and yeah, I understand that i'm probably very wrong for saying that right not but if you don't feel that way and this lose isn't the worst you've endurded since becoming a fan of this team than i question your pride.

I am stunned and as down right now as anyone, but this isn't the worst loss this franchise has had.

1994, 1997, 2001 come to mind just off the top of my head.

#563 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Zubrus is a fuking waste of money, ditto for Havelid, ditto Rolston (despite his scoring 1 goal in this game). This team needs scorers, period. As soon as they started sitting on their heels and the Canes went on, what seemed like a powerplay, with a little over a minute remaining I had a sickening feeling that Brodeur would let in 2 flukes and the team would cave in and go down the toilet.

I'm sorry. I've watched this team since '89 and cheered them on but this loss is a fuking embarrassment. To lose in this fashion in front of a home crowd is shameful.

I dont expect things to change because that would require Lou spending money. We'll probably just come back next year with the same group of guys and bow out in the first round once again. Hopefully next year we'll get blown out so i'm not left sitting on the edge of my seat until the very bitter end.

#564 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Brodeur has a no-trade clause unless he waives it off. If not, stuck with Brodeur for 3 more years then.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#565 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

I think Lou at least needs to explore trading Marty to see if someone will overpay (however Lou measures that).

Give yourself a couple of days and then revisit that idea. I think you'll feel differently.

#566 thestockholmpig

thestockholmpig

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

So, judging by past history, the Canes are going to the Finals. WHY!?!?!

#567 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

Brodeur has a no-trade

So does White
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#568 Scott Stevens #4

Scott Stevens #4

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

Brodeur would be defensive fundly sound if he had guys protecting him and stopping constant fluries around his net
Posted Image,

#569 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

"They were never the same after 552."

R.I.P. 2008-2009 Devils.
It's the whiskey talking.

#570 Middlesex

Middlesex

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

Corrente, Pelley, Bergsfor in for Holik Havelid (he was a rental) Rupp

Keep Shanahan if possible, he is so useful and wise (similar to Tommy A)
NJDevs resident MMA expert and the only ice hockey goalie ever to fight his own defenseman.

NHL: Brodeur, Madden, Ovechkin, Janssen, Elias, Kovalchuk, Pelley, Sugulobov, Tendenby, Terreri
MMA: St. Pierre, Mir, Machida, Mitrione, Edgar, Sotiropoulous, Mr. Wonderful, Bones, Struve
NFL: Manning, Jacobs, Matt Bryant, Favre

3-0 Game Day Threads.

Est. 1990: Crawling on the carpet in '95, listening to Game 6 on the radio in '00 (past my bedtime), Attended Game 1 in '03

#571 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Brodeur is not and shouldn't be traded bite your friggin tongue for thinking that...still he should think about hanging up the skates sooner than later

When is Mason a FA over in CLB? lol....

#572 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

It will take a LONG time before I recover from this. Man, I feel so... empty. I couldn't believe my eyes when THAT happened. I could smell the 2nd round right there with a minute and a half left.

I feel bad for Shanny. He showed so much heart in this game and I think he was the only Devils forward I could say anything positive about after game 6. What a sad way to (probably) end your career. Just depressing...

Unbelievable... That's all I can say.

I will probably feel disgusted just looking at any NHL game the following week or so. Then, I'm gonna go back to watching, probably rooting for or against somebody. At least the Rangers and the Flyers are out, so I won't be frustrated with them going anywhere deeper. But that doesn't change anything in the way I feel about this loss. So fvcking heartbraking. I was so furious and full of hate for the Canes right after the game. Now I'd say I'm more depressed, just that. I'm thinking more about the Devils than Hurricanes or anything. So much great stuff happened during this season, so many great moments and that Carolina series itself was exciting like hell. God, why did it all end like this...

#573 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

Brodeur is not and shouldn't be traded bite your friggin tongue for thinking that...still he should think about hanging up the skates sooner than later

When is Mason a FA over in CLB? lol....

I am positive the Jackets will keep Mason in the fold with a long-term deal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#574 Scott Stevens #4

Scott Stevens #4

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

I thought Zubby would be a good fit here but it just hasnt panned out yet..Zubby on a team that relies on D is working he needs to be on a offensive team like Pittsburgh or detriot..were he would create more scoring opportunities
Posted Image,

#575 LIDevsFan1

LIDevsFan1

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Give yourself a couple of days and then revisit that idea. I think you'll feel differently.

I'm thinking of a Herschel Walker to the Vikings kind of deal. Or Tom Kurvers for the pick that became Neids.

#576 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts

I couldn't give two sh!ts right now for the Hurricanes or their fans. I have no feeling toward any of them.

To me, this series was about the Devils and our flaws. And we have plenty of them.

Where to start? ...

#577 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

This team is screwed because outside of Zach Parise, no one can score.

It's full of overpaid players who dont perform in crunch time. That pretty much sums it up.

I've never seen a team meltdown like this, not even from the Jets (as an observer of course, thank God i'm a Giants fan).

I'm just stunned and in disbelief. To lose twice to the same team with under a minute remaining is rediculous. Brodeur obviously needs a young player behind him to light a fire under his ass. Frazee and Doyle are not it. We need our own version of Cam Ward and we need a goddam center who can scare the opposing team. That's in a pefect world. Truth is.. neither of that bullsh!t is going to happen because Lou is a tightwad and will choose to sign middle to lower tier free agents and overpay them and the rest of the team will play the "let Marty stand on his head" game and continue to lose these games.

#578 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

I am positive the Jackets will keep Mason in the fold with a long-term deal.

I thought the same about Leclaire. If mason gets hurts and Lacosta steps up you never know lol
Regardless, my point is there isn't much of a market for goaltending. theres just so many options that you shouldn't overpay ever

#579 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

I'm not telling people how to feel, but when Devil fans bail on Brodeur, that looks really bad. It IS really bad.

#580 thestockholmpig

thestockholmpig

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

So for the rest of the playoffs, I think I'll cheer for the, hmmm, Islanders. Haha, no really, I'd like to see the Hawks go all the time, but I'd put my money on Boston.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users