22 replies to this topic

#1 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

I don't know about you guys but i'm not sipping any more Kool Aid.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#2 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

I don't know about you guys but i'm not sipping any more Kool Aid.

Lou screwed this season up, he needed to make an improvement at the deadline all he got was Havelid who was terrible.
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#3 TK

TK

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

yea lou screwed up cause noone can clear the zone with 1 minute left to go in game 7

#4 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

I am at a loss for words, this could not have been any worse.

What is it going to take to get better on defense!

Lou where the hell are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evilcry:

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#5 HockeyR53

HockeyR53

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Nic Havelid fvcking screwed us. Not totally is fault but he deflected it in in game two and didn't get to the puck for the third goal.

He was Lou's pick up. fvck THIS

Sprry Nic, but you're an easy target to vent at

FCUK ME
Go NJDevils!

Posted Image

#6 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

Ditto. I don't care what this team did pre-lockout. They have been a fvcking embarrassment since Stevens got hurt/retired.

#7 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

Ditto. I don't care what this team did pre-lockout. They have been a fvcking embarrassment since Stevens got hurt/retired.

losing rafalski and niedermayer hasn't helped either. But constantly calling upon old has beens and overplaying Madden and Pankillyourself really hurts
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Lou screwed this season up, he needed to make an improvement at the deadline all he got was Havelid who was terrible.

Yea fvcking right fvcking Havelid ain't a good move i hope he never makes a move like this again.And i also

hope Marty gets beat up by the rest of the team in the locker room :evilcry:

Edited by SS-SS, 28 April 2009 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#9 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

losing rafalski and niedermayer hasn't helped either. But constantly calling upon old has beens and overplaying Madden and Pankillyourself really hurts

problem is Lou is still trapped in 1995 but doesnt realize it yet..

#10 Z-ZPop1915

Z-ZPop1915

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

If i see Niclas Havelid as a New Jersey Devil at the start of next season, i will kill myself. If Lou doesnt realize that this Defense SUCKS we have major major major problems!
LETS GO DEVILS!

#11 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

If i see Niclas Havelid as a New Jersey Devil at the start of next season, i will kill myself. If Lou doesnt realize that this Defense SUCKS we have major major major problems!

Maybe Lou needs someone to help him out with talent acquisition: look at the majority of his free-agent signings since Stevens retired and how they've panned out...Malakhov, Mogilny, McGillis, Kozlov, Zubrus, Havelid, Case closed....

Granted, we find diamonds in the rough like Clarkson, but so does every other team. This team needs major help, but if Lou keeps denying it then what the hell do we have to look forward to. After they lost to the Rags last year, Lou kept repeating that this team had what it takes to get to the Cup and denied that it needed major changes. I'm assuming he's going to say the same sh*t after this season. But the truth is, it does need major changes and until those changes are made, we'll keep being the champions of the regular season and that's about it.

I dunno.. as a Devils fan i'm just disgusted with the way this team has played in the postseason lately. They lack defense, scoring, but most of all..heart. It just flat out sucks.

#12 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:39 AM

Please name 10 General Managers with a better track record than Lou Lamoriello in any sport over the last 10 years?

Posted Image

Malakhov, Mogilny, McGillis, Kozlov, Zubrus, Havelid, Case closed....

...you forgot Rolston on that list! (but shhhhh, you're not supposed to remind the LL-Endorser's that)

Posted Image

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Edited by Beezer34, 29 April 2009 - 01:44 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#13 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:50 AM

the problem with that is that we're going from 1999-2009.

soon we're going to be lopping off good years (since they come in a 3 out of 4 year bunch) and replacing them with ???? A Cup comes off the score in one year. Another final comes off the score in 2 years. In 4 years, they're all gone.

#14 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

well sh!t im off the bus and on the wagon... this sucks

at times this year this team looked like they had something special

sutter sucks, get rid of him he misses his goats and im sick of his mumbling... worst coaches corner interviews ever with this guy. like watching cheese age.

please get more size on D... i still think its retarded that the D cant protect the goalie by pushing guys out of the fvcking crease area in this new nhl... the net crashing in this series was ridiculous and i dont think that should be a part of the game

argh im still so fvcking pissed... im gonna go get a coffee and take my rage out on a bagel

oh and one more thing before i start this glorious day...

fvck eric staal i hope he gets eaten by a bear
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#15 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

I didn't think it could get any worse then driving home I saw a baby rabbit get run over on the turnpike.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#16 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

Again, I thought Havelid played well for the majority of the time...But with the way the team was built, he was asked to play in situations he shouldn't. They shouldn't have been out there in last 90 seconds like that. Greene and Havelid were undersized and a tiny little pair...no wonder they got caught in their zone.

#17 jayspynz

jayspynz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Again, I thought Havelid played well for the majority of the time...But with the way the team was built, he was asked to play in situations he shouldn't. They shouldn't have been out there in last 90 seconds like that. Greene and Havelid were undersized and a tiny little pair...no wonder they got caught in their zone.

Should of been Martin and Oduya out there -_-
Posted Image

#18 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

NO IT SHOULD"VE BEEN SALVADOR-ODUYA or MARTIN-WHITE...no sh!t MOttau got stuck in his own end so much...he was playing with White and Vice Versa...why in god's name did they after January shift the pairings...I'll still never get it.

#19 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

Maybe so. But it's better to have 7 good months and 3 bad weeks than a losing season. Yeah--I'd like to win another cup but it'll have to wait.

#20 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

I didn't think it could get any worse then driving home I saw a baby rabbit get run over on the turnpike.

that might have cheered me up, though I made a new friend in lynchburg lemonade :thumbsup:

Maybe so. But it's better to have 7 good months and 3 bad weeks than a losing season. Yeah--I'd like to win another cup but it'll have to wait.

I disagree... no hope at all >>> false hope

the only thing I can say is thank god we's not Sharks fans (no offense Charlemagne)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users