• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

In order:
Lou for serving the same ol sh!t year in year out
Marty for another playoff choke job. Stop 2 of those goals and you advance
Johnny Mac for running our non-existent power play
Sutter for ridiculous in-game coaching and not sticking to his own philosophies.

Edited by Marv4Life, 29 April 2009 - 12:06 AM.

#22 firecenter

firecenter

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

The PP does deserve alot of blame. it was more than horrible

and i too was extremely bothered by Sutter's press conference

What good would getting mad do. we were all in shock, he suddenly isnt allowed to be.

I will say this, anybody who thinks he is not intense needs to hold their head under water for an extended period of time. the guy is known in Canada for being one of the most intense people in the game. I guarantee if a camera was on him the WHOLE game, you would see more than the smirk they show right before a whistle (by which time he's probably already done his chirping)

#23 ZZPop91519

ZZPop91519

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

What happened? I turned off the TV after they showed Maurice giving a press conference with that stupid fvcking grimace.

same old Brent. his eyes were bloodshot, couldn't hear a word he was saying, except when he started freaking out at Stan for bringing up regular season game. he didn't really answer the reporters questions and when he did, they were short, one sentence answers. idk i guess i just expected more from him, considering the season just ended in 80 seconds
Posted Image

#24 firecenter

firecenter

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:52 AM

same old Brent. his eyes were bloodshot, couldn't hear a word he was saying, except when he started freaking out at Stan for bringing up regular season game. he didn't really answer the reporters questions and when he did, they were short, one sentence answers. idk i guess i just expected more from him, considering the season just ended in 80 seconds

honestly, what would you like him to say. from what i could see, they had the matchup, and it took a miracle play by gleason to keep the play alive for the first goal. it was 2 fortunate bounces in the last minute and a half. i mean u can criticize sutter for a lot of things, but to be "disappointed" in how he handled the portgame, give your head a shake. do you think you would be able to stand up and tell people exactly what went down only 15 minutes after it happened and do so in a composed manner, even though you had little control over what happened. they had the matchups, it was literally 2 bounces

#25 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:20 AM

Gotta be swine flu or good old Bush

Edited by njdevils783, 29 April 2009 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

I blame the time keeper for not ending the game sooner.

eric staal's mom for not swallowing him

and melky cabrera

:lol: I needed that

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#27 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:26 AM

Honestly I like Lou and respect what he has done with the Devils, and I really like Brent as a Coach and Marty is one of my 3 favorite Devils but....

I blame Lou for not addressing the need at defense and I certainly dont count the addition of havalid as addressing the defense, I also blame Lou for Zubie and Holik.

I blame Brent for a few things, 1 for not having the melons to see that the team folded with Marty in net (after the record) and putting Clemmer back in. And I am not saying to keep him in for the rest of the year, but the team needed a real shakeup in the last 2 weeks and never received it. I am also not saying the final outcome would have been different but I guess we will never know. And I blame Brent for up until last night giving guys who dont deserve the ice time as much time as Parise and Zajac who needed to be out there more. He finally got it last night it seemed.

And I do blame Marty. Marty is a great goalie, and still an elite goalie in the league, but I have to take my blinders off now and say he is not the greatest of all time (record or not) I mean Roy, Hasek, who knows Luongo, I am sure several others make at least the last save on Staal, and the first one of the game last night. Yes Marty (in my opinion ) has become bigger than the team and in New Jersey that has never played well. the mark of this team has always been do not put personal goals ahead of the team.

Thanks New Jersey for being one of 2 teams this year again to be upset in the first round!!

(and everybody expects it from San Jose now) Starting to get that way with the Devils as well!!!

And thanks for turning a season that 2 months ago had so much promise into a long summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still trying to figure out what the hell happened?? I woke up this morning surely thinking I had a nightmare last night!!

Edited by PaDevsFan, 29 April 2009 - 05:29 AM.

#28 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:30 AM

Diabolito is right...
I'm the roots of all evil...

Blame me !
(i'm better than you)

#29 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:25 AM

No one understands the importance of getting the best D man you can like Lou. I'd have to blame him for not trying--for 6 years. Well, Marty's--I dont know--It looked like he could've stopped 3 of those goals. Mr. Playoff was once again Mr. 5-hole this year.

#30 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

This is the 2nd year when Lou made a move at the deadline that wasn't enough.

Lou needs to bring in players with Heart.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#31 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

I think Lou's fatal flaw was resigning Pandolfo. And leaving the blue line paper thin. Trying to believe Rolston was a topline center or that Zubrus is worth a damn without ovechkin.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#32 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

I blame Abraham Lincoln. He should have let the south go, and then we wouldn’t have to deal with this Carolina BS

#33 jayspynz

jayspynz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

I blame Abraham Lincoln. He should have let the south go, and then we wouldn’t have to deal with this Carolina BS

Good point
Posted Image

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

I blame HHH for dropping the title :P

he had two nice long championship runs in 2000 and 2003... CMON HHH!!!!!

(I'm not ready for my angry season is over too soon beatdown)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#35 spacegrass

spacegrass

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I blame George W. Bush

He has pretty much messed up everything for us huh!!!

#36 No1betterNJDevs

No1betterNJDevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

I blame the rink for not being filled with water. Those Canes players truly could've hurt themselves from all that diving. :noclue: I guess the silver lining to our miserable failure last night, was the fact that we got to see some grade A divers out there on the ice.

But in all seriousness, I really don't think there is one thing in particular, that we can pin point and say 'that's really why we lost.' It truly was a combination of many different things.
I'll take a shot at it though, and say that, I blame their attitudes for the lose. They didn't have the right mindset and they sure as hell didn't have heart.
Pain is weakness--leaving the body.

#37 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

I also blame Gary Bettman...

For wanting so badly to see Crosby Ovechkin in this round!!!!!!!!!!!

(definately a conspiracy theory!!!!!)

#38 empulse27

empulse27

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

I blame Tim Gleason... I hate that fvck more than any other Hurricane. He just looks like a d-bag. I also blame the rest of the Carolina Hurricanes for playing with heart when it mattered.

On our side, I don't want to put the blame on anyone really. Everyone's human.

I do want to say that the fans at the Rock are noticeably different than fans anywhere else. We don't stand on our feet in the last 3 minutes of a series-clinching game and cheer our team on. No, we just boo the fact that they couldn't get the puck out of the zone. We also care more about the Rangers losing than we do about our own team. I swear, if I have to hear that stupid "Rangers suck" chant again at the Rock, I'm going to find that whistling guy and stab him in the throat. I also don't like that we say "You suck!" after we score a goal. We never used to be like that.

I'm going out on a limb in saying this: I love the New Jersey Devils. I just wish they played with better fans.
Posted Image
of Randy McKay
of the old video intro song "Standing in Motion" by Yanni

#39 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

I blame the hockey gods. They clearly smited (smote?) us for cheering when the Rangers game went final instead of worrying about our own issues.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#40 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

I blame the bad juju

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users