64 replies to this topic

#1 peterstastny

peterstastny

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

I know he is the face of the franchise, but i think his time here is almost done. I know its easy for people on sportscenter who never watch a devils game then look at brodeurs numbers and say he is the best goalie ever. But for me, i watched 90% of his games here in NJ and he has the numbers but I don't find him to be a great puck stopping goalie.

What i think brodeur is amazing at, is directing rebounds, playing the puck outside the crease, and assisting in breakouts. But when it comes to making the key saves and DEFINITELY not chocking, time and time again he fails. I have been through too many play-off years ending on soft soft goals by him.

He played the majority of his years behind the best defensive core in hockey, look at clemenson this year, he put up identical #'s as brodeur has done for the past years. Brodeur was a young rookie, in the right spot at the right time, just as an amazing defensive team was being born.

Lets get a young kid in here that wants to stand on his head and win a stanley cup

Edited by peterstastny, 29 April 2009 - 08:49 AM.

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

Same here, he's been exposed time and again as a fraud and these backbreaking softies over the past 15 years are just too much to deal with. He has yet to completely steal a series. If we're not clutching and grabbing, blocking every shot, and clearing the lane's for 17 weak wristers from the perimeter(pre lockout hockey) Brodeur is absolutely useless. He needs too much help to win.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

I know he is the face of the franchise, but i think his time here is almost done. I know its easy for people on sportscenter who never watch a devils game then look at brodeurs numbers and say he is the best goalie ever. But for me, i watched 90% of his games here in NJ and he has the numbers but I don't find him to be a great puck stopping goalie.

What i think brodeur is amazing at, is directing rebounds, playing the puck outside the crease, and assisting in breakouts. But when it comes to making the key saves and DEFINITELY not chocking, time and time again he fails. I have been through too many play-off years ending on soft soft goals by him.

He played the majority of his years behind the best defensive core in hockey, look at clemenson this year, he put up identical #'s as brodeur has done for the past years. Brodeur was a young rookie, in the right spot at the right time, just as an amazing defensive team was being born.

Lets get a young kid in here that wants to stand on his head and win a stanley cup

Ok then you have just canned Brodeur. (Forgeting the fact he has a NTC)

Name me this "young kid" who is:

a) Better than Marty
b) Avaliable from another NHL team who would be willing to trade you the player.

If you can think of anyone you can have $100.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#4 babrooks213

babrooks213

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

I would mind very much if he left.

#5 britoon

britoon

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Please stop it already with the "Brodeur should leave" threads.
You make yourselves sound like a$$holes.
Posted Image

"Hockey is a beautiful, well-choreographed, symphony of violence
...a mixture of talent, grace and gladiatorial combat."

#6 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

Same here, he's been exposed time and again as a fraud and these backbreaking softies over the past 15 years are just too much to deal with. He has yet to completely steal a series. If we're not clutching and grabbing, blocking every shot, and clearing the lane's for 17 weak wristers from the perimeter(pre lockout hockey) Brodeur is absolutely useless. He needs too much help to win.

I've yet to see an average team with a great goaltender WIN the Stanley Cup, well at least in the last 16 years. Maybe you can help me out? The best TEAM wins the Cup, it's much more then just goaltending. Could we have used a superhuman performance last night? Yeah maybe. But it would have also helped if our fvcking defense could clear a puck, or if our top line didn't get pinned in their own fvcking zone for over a minute.

And as far as Brodeur being useless, maybe you should think back a few years against Ottawa in 03. If Brodeur doesn't save Niedermayer's ass and stop Hossa late in the 3rd you don't have a Cup in 03.

It's a team game and you lose as a team. I'm so sick of reading this sh!t taking one single player out to pasture and blaming them for every loss. You claim you watched the games right? This was a complete team effort from top to bottom. Enough with the hate already.

Edited by SickMan, 29 April 2009 - 09:10 AM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#7 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

It's a team game and you lose as a team. I'm so sick of reading this sh!t taking one single player out to pasture and blaming them for every loss. You claim you watched the games right? This was a complete team effort from top to bottom. Enough with the hate already.

Once again, great post, SickMan.

#8 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

Somewhere a Rags,Pens,Canes,Flyers fan is laughing

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#9 jsonnabend

jsonnabend

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

And as far as Brodeur being useless, maybe you should think back a few years against Ottawa in 03. If Brodeur doesn't save Niedermayer's ass and stop Hossa late in the 3rd you don't have a Cup in 03.

The fact that you have to go back to 2003 speaks volumes. The Devils have been in the playoffs every year since (lockout excluded, of course), and Brodeur's most memorable moments have been a string of soft goals. Not taking anything away from what he's achieved, but his playoff performance since 2003 has been riddled with softies, and the Devils have had painfully early exits.

Last night Devs scored three. Take away the two softies Brodeur let in, and Devs win, 3-2. And how many soft goals did Ward let in?

- Jeff

Edited by jsonnabend, 29 April 2009 - 09:28 AM.

#10 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

At this point it is clear he is still an excellent keeper, but not one that can carry the team. Not to a playoff win, nor a playoff series win, least of all a Cup win.
But like Osgood did last year, he can be good enough to help a very good/great team to do all of the above things he can not do on his own.

I will enjoy his regular season success over the next 3 years, and see if the team around him gets to that very good/great status in the playoffs, which could lead to another kick at the Silver Mig

Edited by BlueSkirt, 29 April 2009 - 09:28 AM.

#11 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

At this point it is clear he is still an excellent keeper, but not one that can carry the team. Not to a playoff win, nor a playoff series win, least of all a Cup win.

Im sorry did you not watch game 5 of this series :noclue:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#12 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

Brodeur is great. Just needs some help back there. And don't give me this sh!t about not stealing, etc etc. He played good enough to win this series. his defense needs to be better. Even Roy had Robinson, Chelios, Schenider & Desjardins in his youth, Foote, Ozo in his prime, Bourque and Blake.

#13 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

The fact that you have to go back to 2003 speaks volumes. The Devils have been in the playoffs every year since (lockout excluded, of course), and Brodeur's most memorable moments have been a string of soft goals. Not taking anything away from what he's achieved, but his playoff performance since 2003 has been riddled with softies, and the Devils have had painfully early exits.

Last night Devs scored three. Take away the two softies Brodeur let in, and Devs win, 3-2. And how many soft goals did Ward let in?

- Jeff

My point is that it's absloute crap to say that he has never done anything for this team. It's sh!t. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. It's just been the in thing to do, especially on these boards, to blame #30 for everything. Has his playoff record since 03 been a little spotty? Yes, very much so. But look at the players who have left this team over that span. Mike Mottau as one of your top 4? Give me a fvcking break. Regardless if the Devils would have held on last night it was painfully obvious that they weren't going to go far. Between the injuries and the mediocre Defense where were they going? I don't give a sh*t if Ken Dryden and Roy were our goalies. This team couldn't lock down a series with a little over a minute to go in a game. I just wan't someone to justify how this is all Brodeur's fault. The fact is that it can not be done because it simply isn't true.

Edited by SickMan, 29 April 2009 - 09:40 AM.

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#14 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

--

Edited by SickMan, 29 April 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#15 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Brodeur is great. Just needs some help back there. And don't give me this sh!t about not stealing, etc etc. He played good enough to win this series. his defense needs to be better. Even Roy had Robinson, Chelios, Schenider & Desjardins in his youth, Foote, Ozo in his prime, Bourque and Blake.

#16 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

'7', you've really, really embarrassed yourself the past 12 hours.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#17 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:40 AM

Would the Devils be a better team without him? Probably. Can we get rid of him? Probably not.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#18 britoon

britoon

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

It's the way it always is on this board.

Brodeur does something amazing...everyone sucks his dick.
Brodeur loses a game...everyone wants to trade him.

We have retards as fans.
Posted Image

"Hockey is a beautiful, well-choreographed, symphony of violence
...a mixture of talent, grace and gladiatorial combat."

#19 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

'7', you've really, really embarrassed yourself the past 12 hours.

P.O.D.

#20 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

Im sorry did you not watch game 5 of this series :noclue:

I watched it, and it was an elite effort by Marty.
I should clarify that he did not get the "playoff win in a deciding game".

He has been the greatest thing for the team, owner, State etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users