1071 replies to this topic

#81 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

Transformers 2 was pretty much just as dumb as the first one but I still thought it met my expectations as looking cool at times.

It has a huge issue in that the main characters are basically fillers until we get to the stuff we want to see. I wish Sam and almost every human in the movie died because I hate them and the transformers are the only halfway interesting things in the movie.

All the humor flopped for me and it's probably an hour longer than it should be.

Kinda hit my feel on it... it was better then the first... and why?? Less annoying teen trying to get laid... MORE ROBOTS!!! The scene with the mom stoned... needed to be the on editing room floor :P

and it still kinda pisses me off what they did and how they pissed on the whole original concept of the thing (not as bad as the Tim Burton Batman movies :P)... but still.... I need to get my anniversary DVD back of the REAL movie to cleanse the pallet :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#82 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

Kinda hit my feel on it... it was better then the first... and why?? Less annoying teen trying to get laid... MORE ROBOTS!!! The scene with the mom stoned... needed to be the on editing room floor :P

and it still kinda pisses me off what they did and how they pissed on the whole original concept of the thing (not as bad as the Tim Burton Batman movies :P)... but still.... I need to get my anniversary DVD back of the REAL movie to cleanse the pallet :P

Yeah, this time around it was 'annoying decepticon trying to hump Megan Fox'

#83 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, this time around it was 'annoying decepticon trying to hump Megan Fox'

Actually the Bay Wheelie was less annoying then the original :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#84 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

Saw Br

#85 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

[quote name='Atterr' post='782235' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:04 AM']Saw Br
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#86 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#87 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

Bruno was way funnier than I expected it to be. Absolutely ridiculous movie.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#88 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

#89 RockingTheRed81

RockingTheRed81

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

Public Enemies was an awesome movie. Great action and story and as usual Johnny Depp played the role really really good.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#90 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

hangover was better than bruno but both were a little disappointing. hearing people leave the hangover saying stuff like "ha ha! fat jesus!" left a sour taste in my mouth.

superbad and borat were better than both of these movies
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#91 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

I'll take Hangover over Superbad and give it a push to Borat and they all crush Bruno.

Bruno disappointed me even after I had lowered my expectations based on the reviews. It was too staged and hit the same note too many times for me. It wasn't a bad movie but even with it's short running time I was getting a little bored.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#92 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

Public Enemies disappointed me. Extremely average movie all around. Maybe that's what I get for having high expectations, but I really felt like with this story and this cast it could have been way better.
Posted Image

#93 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

Public Enemies disappointed me. Extremely average movie all around. Maybe that's what I get for having high expectations, but I really felt like with this story and this cast it could have been way better.

I heard it wasn't that great of a movie. I'm not sure if I should wait for it to be on ON DEMAND or not.

In other movie news, HARRY POTTER was fvcking fantastic. I don't care what anyone says..... it was brilliant.

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#94 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:46 AM

I heard it wasn't that great of a movie. I'm not sure if I should wait for it to be on ON DEMAND or not.

In other movie news, HARRY POTTER was fvcking fantastic. I don't care what anyone says..... it was brilliant.

It was decent.. I mean obviously details were left out and it really is nothing like reading the book, but all in all it got a lot of the emotion across and this book was certainly full of it.. You really see the characters come of age in this one and you realize that this battle against the dark wizards is deeper than the first 5 led you to believe.. It's "The Empire Strikes Back" if you will

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#95 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

Definitely wait it out. You won't regret it.
Posted Image

#96 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

That's funny, I had the exact same reaction to Public Enemies, which I just saew last night. I posted a full review in the other movie thread but the above sums up my feelings almost too perfectly.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#97 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

I feel like the rut of the movie season is totally there.... there just seems to be nothing I wanna see...

the Propsal??? :rofl: not after living the failed director's cut :P

Funny Guys... looks amusing... but still... I have the feeling it's gonna be more estrogen and mush then fun movie

maybe GI Joe won't be horrible... yay....

#98 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

I feel like the rut of the movie season is totally there.... there just seems to be nothing I wanna see...

the Propsal??? :rofl: not after living the failed director's cut :P

Funny Guys... looks amusing... but still... I have the feeling it's gonna be more estrogen and mush then fun movie

maybe GI Joe won't be horrible... yay....

No, GI Joe is going to be horrible. Then again, I said the same thing about Star Trek and it got great reviews, so what do I know...

As for upcoming movies, it is looking pretty bleak. District 9 is coming in a couple of weeks and the latest trailers have peaked my interest some, but I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to see it. Other than that, there is a surprising lack of cool summer movies for August.

500 Days of Summer and Away We Go would be good options if you're looking for a date movie that wont make you cringe.

Also, I'm all in for Funny People. While I'm not raising my expectations too high for it, I have faith it's going to be a good one. I'll just have to swallow my hatred for Johan Hill and I'll be fine. God, I hate him...
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#99 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

No, GI Joe is going to be horrible. Then again, I said the same thing about Star Trek and it got great reviews, so what do I know...

As for upcoming movies, it is looking pretty bleak. District 9 is coming in a couple of weeks and the latest trailers have peaked my interest some, but I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to see it. Other than that, there is a surprising lack of cool summer movies for August.

500 Days of Summer and Away We Go would be good options if you're looking for a date movie that wont make you cringe.

Also, I'm all in for Funny People. While I'm not raising my expectations too high for it, I have faith it's going to be a good one. I'll just have to swallow my hatred for Johan Hill and I'll be fine. God, I hate him...

As a kid who grew up watching Star Trek on Channel 11 with a crappy TV using tin foil antenna... I was SCARED TO DEATH over Star Trek... it ended up being the best movie of the summer!! The bar is low for GI Joe, and the Baroness looks HOT..... so there is some hope....

I think I am starting to see TOO MUCH of District 9 and I think the suspense would have been a better way to go with it (like the Matrix hype back in the day)

I'm looking for a date movie about as much as a date :P... I just wanted the cheap shot at the Proposal coming out at the WORST possible time :rant:

I just hope funny people stays FUNNY and doesn't obsess too much on the love story

#100 OurMarty'sBetter

OurMarty'sBetter

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

THE HANGOVER FTW !!!! AMAZING
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users